Good CO-OP games for PS3?

#1 Posted by Albus (1 posts) -

Hi all, i am on the look for some great game to play co-operative on the PS3!

Please help me to find the game that's most fun with friends! Don't waste time playing poor games!

#2 Posted by EVO (3782 posts) -

LittleBigPlanet 2?

#3 Posted by MaverickShin (12 posts) -

Resident Evil 5 is good for bro-op, and The Mercenaries mode in it is a good party game. Castle Crashers and Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game are both genuinely fun and funny, and get better the more players you have. 

#4 Edited by lord_canti (1487 posts) -

for 2 people army of 2 is alright and probaly dirt cheep right now

*edit* never mind just looked it up its still like £15 HOW HAS THIS RETAINED ANY VALUE

#5 Posted by EVO (3782 posts) -
@the_chojin99 said:

for 2 people army of 2 is alright and probaly dirt cheep right now

Don't listen to this guy.
#6 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (4852 posts) -

Online?  The Uncharted 2 maybe 3 one day.

#7 Posted by CandiBunni (465 posts) -

Little Big Planet 
Little Big Planet 2 
Killzone 3 (for local co op only)

#8 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

RE5 has some of my favorite co-op gameplay in a long time. Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 1/2 and Uncharted 2 were all great as well.

#9 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

Resistance: Fall of Man had surprisingly good coop campaign.

#10 Edited by Swoxx (2980 posts) -

I can't believe Portal 2 has not been mentioned yet

Edit: I also have to agree that RE5 has some terrific co-op. One of the best times I've had co-oping

#11 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -
@Swoxx said:

I can't believe Portal 2 has not been mentioned yet

I was just about to post exact same thing.
#12 Posted by Swoxx (2980 posts) -

@valrog: I guess it's true, great minds do think alike!

#13 Posted by Spooks (28 posts) -

I thought Dead Nation was pretty good in local co-op.

#14 Posted by fluxbit (125 posts) -

I'm going to take extreme liberty with the "co-op" criteria and suggest Zen Pinball.

#15 Posted by Enigma777 (6047 posts) -

Pixeljunk Shooter 1/2

Resistance 2 (although it is admittedly a poor game)

Borderlands (another poor game imo, but other people swear by it)

#16 Posted by muralbat (152 posts) -

Army of two (1+2) Are pretty good fun on co-op, me and my mate really enjoyed them, good emphasis on teamwork. Not great playing alone though.

#17 Edited by believer258 (11046 posts) -

Borderlands, Resident Evil 5, Portal  2, and Resistance Fall of Man all have pretty good co-op offerings. I guess Resistance 2 does, but I'm talking from experience on my brother's PS3 and I've personally never been able to round up 8 people to play it with. 

Also, Modern Warfare 2. Wait, what? It's got a mode called "Spec-Ops", which is a bunch of short little co-op missions. They're short enough to be in no danger of boredom, numerous enough to last almost as long as (or longer than) the short campaign, and varied enough to never get tedious. They are, however, balls-to-the-wall hard on the later levels and higher difficulties, which you'll need to do if you want to unlock all of them.  

EDIT: Also, Uncharted 2 if you don't mind playing online with your buddies instead of having them next to you. OK, I've never played it online, but my brother and plenty of other people have a blast with it.

#18 Posted by GloriousGibs (2 posts) -

For 2 people, couch co-op, I can recommend Plants vs Zombies. It has co-op adventure mode and co-op specific levels. I played through all of it with my girlfriend and it was the first game she had a lot of fun with.

Gibs

#19 Posted by rawrsair (817 posts) -

Little Big Planet 2, Renegade Ops, Fat Princess, PvZ, Castle Crashers, Worms, Dead Nation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.