Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Hard Drive died on PS3, Need a new one.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Devil240Z

Looking for some input on what I should get. I'm looking at this one right here(might not even work there is no metal bit covering the spinny parts) but not 100% if thats what I should go with. Is speed really that important or should I just go for capacity? But $50ish bucks is what I'm looking to spend. I don't actually use my PS3 much it lives at my girlfriends place and she mostly uses it for netflix and some games but mostly games happen when I hang out with her over there.

Should I buy the drive in my link or is there something better I should look at. I would be willing to get a smaller drive if that meant faster loads. I'm upgrading from a 320gb/5200rpm(that died) so really any capacity is gonna be a huge jump up from what I had. 1TB sounds pretty nice though.

I'm browsing through Amazon now. Basically trying to decide between:

• 1TB/5400RPM
    • 500GB/7200RPM(this?)
    • Some kind of hybrid(not seeing a ton of options)

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ThePanzini

@devil240z: I use the Seagate 1TB Laptop SSHD the hybrid downloads and installs faster.

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Laptop-2-5-Inch-Internal-ST1000LM014/dp/B00B99JUBQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1442843679&sr=1-3&keywords=hybrid+hard+drive

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.