Hardest PS3 Game

#1 Posted by Deano97 (1 posts) -

Can anyone think of a game harder than Dark Souls? I am struggling

#2 Edited by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -

Wipeout HD. If you have the platinum for that, go and tackle Mount Everest next. I find Demon's/Dark souls to be pisseasy compared to that game.

#3 Posted by Morningstar (2189 posts) -

If you are talking Ps3 exlusives, then Demon's Souls maybe.

#4 Posted by EVO (3919 posts) -

Trash Panic.

#5 Posted by therabidfrog (349 posts) -

I didn't think Dark Souls was as hard as everyone makes it out to be. Maybe I did a bit too much grinding, and sure you could never get lazy no matter the area, but it's not as hard as people made it out be.

#6 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Demon Souls, but that may not count.

I found a few missions in Twisted Metal to be just so fucking hard!

#7 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@therabidfrog

I didn't think Dark Souls was as hard as everyone makes it out to be. Maybe I did a bit too much grinding, and sure you could never get lazy no matter the area, but it's not as hard as people made it out be.

It's not. Same with demons souls, they're pretty easy if you're just patient, by the end of demons souls I was just facerolling through pretty much everything, even in new game+
#8 Edited by believer258 (11991 posts) -

Resistance 2 on Hard is pretty, well, hard, at least from what I remember. So is the first one. The third one, despite trying to give off a "shit is tougher than ever for humanity" vibe, is much easier and better balanced.

EDIT: And I seem to be having some trouble playing Uncharted 1, though that seems more due to the fact that game's difficulty runs on memorizing the placement of enemies and weapons.

#9 Posted by efman (212 posts) -

Not a recent game, but a PSN game I very much responded to, is Pixel Junk Eden. It strikes a delecate balance of being pretty challenging, if not outright frustrating, towards the end if you're a complentionist type of gamer. Mostly the frustation in Eden is through the fault of the player, and so much the game.

#10 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

Killzone 2 on elite is the closest to controller throwing I've ever been on the PS3.  Souls doesn't have shit on that level of frustration.

#11 Posted by therabidfrog (349 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@therabidfrog

It's not. Same with demons souls, they're pretty easy if you're just patient, by the end of demons souls I was just facerolling through pretty much everything, even in new game+

Maybe we're just that awesome?

#12 Posted by Nodachie (77 posts) -

Personal choice in this topic. The difficulty of games really reflects on personal style and choice of the player. That being said:

F*ck racing games! Every one I have played have ended with a broken controller.

#13 Posted by DarthOrange (3867 posts) -

God of War 3 on Chaos. There are a few specific parts that are really hard. The parts where have to do the three challenges in front of the three statues in hell near the start of the game and when you return there at the of the game are brutally difficult, as are the parts where you need to dodge things as you fly up with the icarus wings.

#14 Posted by Gatehouse (663 posts) -

@Ventilaator said:

Wipeout HD. If you have the platinum for that, go and tackle Mount Everest next. I find Demon's/Dark souls to be pisseasy compared to that game.

My giddy aunt this! Such a ridiculously difficult game, and I'm pretty handy around a virtual steering wheel.

#15 Edited by Law313 (110 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Resistance 2 on Hard is pretty, well, hard, at least from what I remember. So is the first one. The third one, despite trying to give off a "shit is tougher than ever for humanity" vibe, is much easier and better balanced.

EDIT: And I seem to be having some trouble playing Uncharted 1, though that seems more due to the fact that game's difficulty runs on memorizing the placement of enemies and weapons.

I noticed that on every Uncharted game. One of the reasons I dont want to do multiple runs to get those trophies in any of the games.

As for the topic at hand, I would have to say any Ninja Gaiden game on the PS3. If you can beat Ninja Gaiden on Master Ninja, I salute you.

#16 Posted by Duder_Me (307 posts) -

Need for Speed: Carbon, Darius Canyon Race. I suck at racing game bosses.

#17 Posted by Melanon (58 posts) -

Demons Souls, right? I thought that was pretty universally agreed on.

#18 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1090 posts) -

@ExplodeMode: finished KZ2 on elite using just melee, GT5 is the hardest to platinum.

#19 Edited by SGT_HAM (50 posts) -

I Bought both Dark souls and demon souls. finished Dark Souls with no trouble! i went level 130 within the first playthrough. and i am still at the first actual Demon's souls map. the Bolitarian castle or something. Demon's souls is the hardest game for PS3 that i've played so far.

#20 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5720 posts) -

Yay necro. Dark Souls is quite a bit tougher than Demon's Souls (played Demon's Souls first); Tactical Challenge 6 in Vanquish is harder still, God Hard even harder than that. NGS2 is really hard in co-op missions though made harder by nonsensical stuff. Wipeout HD is supposed to be the other super difficult Platinum. And of course there's always Star Ocean 4, which takes like 800 hours. Killzone 2 is the hardest non-infinite spawn FPS.

#21 Posted by JakubKusiowski (4 posts) -

I think Deamon Souls is one of the hardest games on ps3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.