Heavenly Sword movie set to come out in 2012?

#1 Posted by rudyarr (258 posts) -

So I was just browsing through imdb.com and checking out some voice actors for some games and came across Anna Torv who is known for the show Fringe and she was the voice actress and motion cap for Nariko (star of Heavenly Sword for PS3) It came to my attention that she is currently filming Heavenly Sword and it is set to be released in 2012!

Here is the link to her IMDB page http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1396022/

I find it strange that they decided to make a movie out of it. I am excited for it though. Anyone else think this could be good?

#2 Posted by N7 (3590 posts) -

Let's hope they get all French people to play the characters.

"Haye daud, dunt be saud."

"My name is Naman Jayden" *Spelled Norman*

"JAYS-HUUUN"

#3 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -
@N7 No that's Heavy Rain.
This is exciting news, loved that game and really enjoyed the story.
#4 Posted by N7 (3590 posts) -
@Hizang said:
@N7 No that's Heavy Rain. This is exciting news, loved that game and really enjoyed the story.
Watdafuk. I could have swore I read Heavy Rain.

Good god.

I'm retarded.
#5 Posted by Jolt92 (1551 posts) -

@N7: That's OK. Thanks for the funniest post all week.

#6 Posted by Vonocourt (2130 posts) -

Wierd, at first I thought it was one of those movies in "development," which means it doesn't exist. But saying it's in production is something. Six million is a pretty dinky budget though, didn't the game cost north of fifteen million?

#7 Posted by dudeglove (7859 posts) -

If Andy Serkis is onboard, it might not actually be completely terrible.

#8 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

To be honest I just want another game.

#9 Posted by Winternet (8019 posts) -

The three elements in the cast are nice. Can turn up something decent, for a change.

#10 Posted by Christoffer (1823 posts) -

Seeing that Heavenly Sword isn't exatly the hottest title to adopt right now, does anyone think Hollywood actually research the game industry for neat ideas these days, rather than just for cheap popularity bumps? ... in that case, give us Singularity: The movie.

I actually think Heavenly Sword could be cool if it's treated the right way.

#11 Posted by Gruff182 (857 posts) -

Its an animated movie, interesting.

#12 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

It's animated, I'm guessing straight to DVD or something. First movie made by this director too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.