HELP! NEED GAME ADVICE

#1 Posted by Bilawal (109 posts) -

From these games which would should I get (only getting one):

Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Devil May Cry 4, Burnout Paradise and Folklore.

Which one?!?!?

#2 Posted by Tangeu (52 posts) -

Those games have almost nothing in common, for proper advice you may want to give some reference.  Such as games you have enjoyed in the past or maybe even an little blurb that relays your play style to us.

#3 Posted by Pikachu (449 posts) -

Which genre of games do you prefer to play the most?

#4 Posted by Spencer (252 posts) -
tangeu said:
"Those games have almost nothing in common, for proper advice you may want to give some reference.  Such as games you have enjoyed in the past or maybe even an little blurb that relays your play style to us."
He has a good point.  If it was I buying one of those games I would get Burnout Paradise most likely.  I loved that game.
#5 Posted by ToastyJaguar (23 posts) -

Burnout Paradise. I played it, it's awesome.

#6 Posted by Bilawal (109 posts) -

I'm an all rounder guy. I'm into having a deep single player experience but won't mind online aswell. I want an experience on the lines of MGS4 if that's possible.

#7 Posted by Tangeu (52 posts) -

Form those games you will not get an experience like MGS4 (actually you probably couldn't get that from any game ^_^)  But I am going to suggest Uncharted to you, cause out of all of those the story seemed to draw me in the most.  Best of luck on your decision.

#8 Posted by Scorched (691 posts) -

I'm saying Burnout

#9 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Assuming you already have MGS4 and going by your list... get Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank, those have good single player.

#10 Posted by lux (128 posts) -

Uncharted has an awesome single player. Definitely recommended.

#11 Posted by braniac911 (39 posts) -

Uncharted is probably the most similar to MGS.  But Paradise is probably a little better, plus it has great online.

#12 Posted by Lombax (105 posts) -

Ratchet and Clank: Tools of destruction. 

reasons: 

1. Tools of Destruction is a really well made and fun game. 
2. The "Quest For Booty" expansion will be out this summer [Quest for Booty will be sold on the PSN as a stand alone title for 15.00]
3. I'm a Ratchet and Clank geek so what do you expect! 

good hunting. 
#13 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I would pick Burnout Paradise. I think it's the best game to purchase and it has the most replayability. Uncharted was a pretty good game, but purely a rental.

#14 Posted by Bilawal (109 posts) -

How long is Uncharted? I might rent that and buy another game.

#15 Edited by Cali_Style (63 posts) -

Rent Uncharted--it's fairly easy and straight forward enough that you should get through it no problem in two sittings, I did. Definitely buy Burnout: Paradise--its single player is great and its online is a blast.

#16 Posted by Nit3mare (26 posts) -

DMC4, amazing.

#17 Posted by evilhomer (429 posts) -

ratchet is a fun game that can have decent replay value if youu get into it.  dont know much about folklore but i know im going to rent it soon enough, it could be a decent rpg.

like others have said it really depends on what type of game you want to play since the ones you list all provide something different.

#18 Posted by MisoRonery (468 posts) -

I would recommend Burnout Paradise for purchase.  The others are great rentals, but the only one on that list that I think has enough replay value to be worth owning is Paradise.

#19 Edited by Adrenaline (56 posts) -
Uncharted's about 8 hours I think.  I own it and Ratchet and would recommend either.

Lombax
said:
"Ratchet and Clank: Tools of destruction. 

reasons: 

1. Tools of Destruction is a really well made and fun game. 
2. The "Quest For Booty" expansion will be out this summer [Quest for Booty will be sold on the PSN as a stand alone title for 15.00]
3. I'm a Ratchet and Clank geek so what do you expect! 

good hunting. "

Quest for Booty is a standalone game, not an expansion.
#20 Posted by Buzzer_Beater (200 posts) -

Uncharted is the funnest out of all of them, but it's only about 10 hours. Paradise isn't as good but there is alot more to do. Try to get Uncharted when it comes to "Greatest Hits". It'll be $29.99.

#21 Posted by thelastguy (356 posts) -

Uncharted, it is the best game on that list.

#22 Posted by THE_END (466 posts) -

Get Uncharted.

However, I recommend that you buy Oblivion GoTY if you don't own it already.... trust me on this.  You will definitely be getting the most back for your buck considering how many hours you can get out of the game!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.