Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Highest level of PSN?

• 62 results
    artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By artofwar420

As I climbed in the PSN ladder of trophies, I began to wonder, how high does the level go? 20? 50? Infinite?

The highest level I've seen in my friends list is six.

DING!
    DING!
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By zitosilva

It'll probably rise as more games with trophys become available. Right now I think it's either 6 or 7, but I haven't seem anyone who has more than 2 platinum trophys. Maybe if you get everything in Uncharted, GTA IV, Dead Space, LittleBigPlanet, Burnout Paradise and Warhawk you can go higher.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Demilich

GTAIV platinum trophy is goddamn hard... I'll stick with trying to get Dead Space and Uncharted.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By artofwar420

Quite a lot of games have trophies now, especially the newer ones, and some older ones get patched. So I think there's somebody out there who's a level 10, somebody who has bought every single game that has trophies.

FAINT SOUND: *My precious*

What was that?! Oh well, is someone out here higher than six? Or have seen a higher level?

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zitosilva

So far I have the platinum for Uncharted and I'm working my way on Dead Space.

But I was seeing Get2Sammy's trophys and he has much more than I do but he's only one level over me. It seems like after 6 it gets really slow to gain "experience". I think that more than a Platinum is needed to gain a level.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By artofwar420
    zitosilva said:
    "So far I have the platinum for Uncharted and I'm working my way on Dead Space.

But I was seeing Get2Sammy's trophys and he has much more than I do but he's only one level over me. It seems like after 6 it gets really slow to gain "experience". I think that more than a Platinum is needed to gain a level."
    That's interesting, I haven't thought of that. I guess it was kind of easy to get to level 2. I wonder what the exact requirements are to get to a higher level.
    Megafaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By chililili

I'm 4 coming in on 5, highest I've ever seen is 8 coming in on 9, which is a lot of goddamn trophies! Also I think no one wille ver reach level 50.

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

i m level 2
     =(
     pixel monsters  trophies are the hardest to get =(

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By suneku

I'm thinking it's likely going to be infinite, dunno why they'd put a limit on it when there's so many games in the future that will (hopefully) support this feature. I'm only level 3 though.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By AaronBelfast

It will obviously keep going, to keep people interested. I do think Sony will eventually give prizes of some sort when you reach X level.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By chililili

Since the amount of trophies needed to level up increases with each level, it is quite easy to simply set up a mathemical equation for up to level 99, sicne I doubt that even if you got all the trophies on ALL of the games in the ps3 lifetime (looking to the future) you could reach that level, considering how much difference there is between each level.

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PenguinNerd

I've seen quite a few level 8 people just by browsing different forums...as far as the max goes there was an interview way back when trophies were new and they said they'd keep updating the level max from time to time but that no one was ever going to get close to the max so not to worry...or something like that...can't remember where it was I just remember reading it back right before we got Trohpies...

Avatar image for disabilityfishy
    DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy

ReTarDedFisHy is level 5 :O
    Highest he's seen was 8.

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PenguinNerd

Also....am I the only one who would REALLY like to get a notification whenever I level up???  Like you get a trophy and level up and i notification pops up like... LEVEL UP!  Lv. 5  or something like that???  I don't know I just like knowing when I've reached a new level....

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zitosilva
    nerdboy said:
    "Also....am I the only one who would REALLY like to get a notification whenever I level up???  Like you get a trophy and level up and i notification pops up like... LEVEL UP!  Lv. 5  or something like that???  I don't know I just like knowing when I've reached a new level...."
    Wait, you mean you'd like that or you like that? Because all I get is "challenge name trophy", nothing more. I have to check that card to know that I've leveled up.

By the way, does the Ps3 have anything in the ways of the 360, with the official gamertag and being able to see other people scores on the net? All I've seen so far is the one that's attached to your PSN account, but it does not show you your trophys.
    PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PenguinNerd
    zitosilva said:
    "nerdboy said:
    "Also....am I the only one who would REALLY like to get a notification whenever I level up???  Like you get a trophy and level up and i notification pops up like... LEVEL UP!  Lv. 5  or something like that???  I don't know I just like knowing when I've reached a new level...."
    Wait, you mean you'd like that or you like that? Because all I get is "challenge name trophy", nothing more. I have to check that card to know that I've leveled up.

By the way, does the Ps3 have anything in the ways of the 360, with the official gamertag and being able to see other people scores on the net? All I've seen so far is the one that's attached to your PSN account, but it does not show you your trophys."
    I mean I'd wish that they would have that as well....and currently there is no official way but apparently it's in the works..
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I'm level 3 :(

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By artofwar420
    zitosilva said:
    "nerdboy said:

By the way, does the Ps3 have anything in the ways of the 360, with the official gamertag and being able to see other people scores on the net? All I've seen so far is the one that's attached to your PSN account, but it does not show you your trophys."
    Not at the moment, but I really think they will implement this feature soon. I remember an interview with a Sony higher up, saying they plan to release this web feature soon.
    Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By Keeng
    artofwar420 said:
    "zitosilva said:
    "nerdboy said:

Not at the moment, but I really think they will implement this feature soon. I remember an interview with a Sony higher up, saying they plan to release this web feature soon."
    I heard the same thing, that it's coming.

The highest level I've seen is about 7 but I imagine there's no cap. I also think it's impossible to get platinum in every game. Some games just don't have well-thought-out Trophies. Take Rock Band 2 for example. One of the requirements is that you beat the Endless Setlist 2 on Expert without ever hitting the pause button or failing a song. That's an 8-10 hour gameplay sesison in Rock Band, which is already physically challenging, on the highest difficulty, and you can't ever pause. The only break is the loading screen between each of the 84 tracks. /impossible
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zitosilva
    Keeng said:
    "artofwar420 said:
    "zitosilva said:
    "nerdboy said:

Not at the moment, but I really think they will implement this feature soon. I remember an interview with a Sony higher up, saying they plan to release this web feature soon."

The highest level I've seen is about 7 but I imagine there's no cap. I also think it's impossible to get platinum in every game. Some games just don't have well-thought-out Trophies. Take Rock Band 2 for example. One of the requirements is that you beat the Endless Setlist 2 on Expert without ever hitting the pause button or failing a song. That's an 8-10 hour gameplay sesison in Rock Band, which is already physically challenging, on the highest difficulty, and you can't ever pause. The only break is the loading screen between each of the 84 tracks. /impossible"
    Wow, I didn't know that... it's not only impossible it's also idiotic... how is that even fun to acomplish?
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Snail
    zitosilva said:
    "nerdboy said:
    Wait, you mean you'd like that or you like that? Because all I get is "challenge name trophy", 
    Quoth the Raven:
    "nothing more.
    I couldn't resist it for some stupid reason.
    Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Keeng
    zitosilva said:
    "Keeng said:
    "artofwar420 said:
    "zitosilva said:
    "nerdboy said:

The highest level I've seen is about 7 but I imagine there's no cap. I also think it's impossible to get platinum in every game. Some games just don't have well-thought-out Trophies. Take Rock Band 2 for example. One of the requirements is that you beat the Endless Setlist 2 on Expert without ever hitting the pause button or failing a song. That's an 8-10 hour gameplay sesison in Rock Band, which is already physically challenging, on the highest difficulty, and you can't ever pause. The only break is the loading screen between each of the 84 tracks. /impossible"
    Wow, I didn't know that... it's not only impossible it's also idiotic... how is that even fun to acomplish?"
    I have no idea. I'm one of the best Rock Band drummers in the world and I think that's still a terrible Trophy/Achievement. It's not fun.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By Snail
    Keeng said:
    "zitosilva said:
    "Keeng said:

Wow, I didn't know that... it's not only impossible it's also idiotic... how is that even fun to acomplish?"
    I have no idea. I'm one of the best Rock Band drummers in the world and I think that's still a terrible Trophy/Achievement. It's not fun."
    Talk about modesty...
    Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Keeng

Lol I'm sorry it wasn't to be an ass about it. I was just trying to illustrate that for someone who is really good at the game and more importantly, really used to the game, it's still an insurmountable challenge. Sorry to offend. 

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LiquidPrince

I'm level too. Will be higher once I get Prince of Persia!

DoucheVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DoucheVader
    I am level 7 with about 350 trophies.  A buddy in my friends list is level 10 with over 600.

artofwar420
    said:
    "As I climbed in the PSN ladder of trophies, I began to wonder, how high does the level go? 20? 50? Infinite?

The highest level I've seen in my friends list is six.

DING!
    DING!
    "

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LiquidPrince

Damn. That's a lot.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By get2sammyb

I'm level 7 with 362 trophies. Level's get harder to beat the further up you get. For example - reaching level 2 takes around 10 bronze trophies whereas on level 7 getting one bronze trophy doesn't even take you 1% closer to the next level.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By Red

I'm level 5, leveling is very slow.
    I have a guy that works at IGN in my friends list, he's level 7 and he levels slow.
    I think it maxes out at level 10 maybe.

RyanBard22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RyanBard22

No Caption Provided
    Yea im level 7 going onto level 8. I have 3 platinum Trophies.. Not an easy task ... and i will have 5 platinums by the end of the week. one in borederlands and the other in Call of Duty MW2
    chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By chililili
    @RyanBard22 said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    Yea im level 7 going onto level 8. I have 3 platinum Trophies.. Not an easy task ... and i will have 5 platinums by the end of the week. one in borederlands and the other in Call of Duty MW2 "
    Dude you resurrected a year old topic? Man I'm now level 12 with 770+ trophies. The experience gaining definitely starts gearing up in the higher levels fully platinuming a game gives me around 25% of a level now.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LiquidPrince

I'm a level 11 right now and I've seen level 20's.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By gingertastic_10
    Here they say the highest is 29. But there is probably a higher one out there.
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By frankxiv

i hear it slows down hard around 14, but i'm level 12 now with only 2 platinums

ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

I'm 10 or 11.  My friends are 13. 

Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Junpei

Level: 11
    Trophies: 773
    Platinums: 3 (AC2, SEGA Genesis Collection, Prince of Persia)

So yea, the way the leveling works is that the different types of trophies are weighted. I don't know the exact ratio but Platinums award a ton more "experience" towards of level than bronze and silver. You can level without them, just takes a while. Working on Uncharted and Darksiders Platinums at the moment....

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @gingertastic_10 said:
    " Here they say the highest is 29. But there is probably a higher one out there. "
    114 Platinums O_o
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By frankxiv
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " @gingertastic_10 said:
    " Here they say the highest is 29. But there is probably a higher one out there. "
    114 Platinums O_o "
    0 Life

lol
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @onimonkii said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:
    " @gingertastic_10 said:
    114 Platinums O_o "
    0 Life  lol "
    Are there even that many games with trophy support?  O_o

XD
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By frankxiv
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " @onimonkii said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:
    " @gingertastic_10 said:
    114 Platinums O_o "
    0 Life  lol "
    Are there even that many games with trophy support?  O_o  XD "
    there's duplicates too, like demons souls you can plat 3 times (japan, asia, us). the japanese version of 50 cent has trophies but the us one doesn't.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Andorski

w00t!
    yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By yakov456
    RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RobotHamster
    liquidsol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45  Edited By liquidsol

The highest I've seen is the low 20s.  But as you can see by this list, the levels really really start to get long at 12.  Just getting from 12 to 13 is the same length as getting from 1 to 8.    

Also, I've heard from some the plat is 180, and others it's 200.   However, I added up all my trophies, and I came out exactly at the correct point value, which is the beginning of 11 at the correct %.  So this list is accurate.

Point Value: 
    Bronze - 15
    Silver - 30 (= 2 Bronze)
    Gold - 90 (= 6 Bronze or 3 Silver)
    Platinum - 180 (= 12 Bronze, 6 Silver or 2 Gold)

Level Point Requirements:
    Level 1 - 0
    Level 2 - 210
    Level 3 - 600
    Level 4 - 1,200
    Level 5 - 2,400
    Level 6 - 4,000
    Level 7 - 6,000
    Level 8 - 8,000
    Level 9 - 10,000
    Level 10 - 12,000
    Level 11 - 14,000
    Level 12 - 16,000
    Level 13 - 24,000
    Level 14 - 32,000
    Level 15 - 40,000
    Level 16 - 48,000
    Level 17 - 56,000
    Level 18 - 64,000    

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By artofwar420

Zombie thread! jk

Now I think I am level 8, mostly because I don't actively go for the platinums. Maybe I should? I do need a bigger e-peen.

RyanBard22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RyanBard22

platinums are had to get in some games. im about to have 5 and thats wasnt easy.... but i deff dont think there are 110+ games with trophies

xdarnokx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#48  Edited By xdarnokx

I'm working on getting my fourth platinum in Uncharted 2.  I really enjoy collecting trophies, but I'm not the kind of person to go out and play crappy games for trophies.   

I'm getting very close to lvl 12 

I don't know why it shows me at lvl 9 here, but I'm lvl 11 if you click on it....

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#49  Edited By sjschmidt93

One of my friends is 16. 

I'm 11.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By trophyhunter

I'm level 13 like three away form level 14 
    me and omega pirate have been swapping 2nd place back and forth next to sammy as the 3 biggest trophy getters on giantbomb

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.