Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Hooray, Sony launched an online store!

angouri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By angouri

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

Sometimes I think Sony really can't make things clunkier. but then they go and use Sony Entertainment Network.com, without abbreviations.

Oh well, at least it makes navigation of PSN not suck as much as it used to. Hopefully they add the auto-download feature soon (maybe timed with Plus updates? that way my PS3 (or PS4) could be all ready when I get home).

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mosespippy

When I tried the site earlier it was straight up broken. Good to see them meet expectations.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By recroulette

Like the new PS Store on the PS3, it's kinda tough getting around and finding stuff. But kind of expected. This is really just a test run before the PS4 comes out.

kuiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kuiper

Looks the US is finally getting the web store that Europe has been enjoying for the past few weeks. Does this mean that we can remotely deactivate PS3 devices now? I tried from the device list on https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/cam/devices/device-list.action but hitting the "deactivate" button just took me a page giving me instructions on how to navigate the XMB to deactivate the system from the PS3.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Branthog

Sounds good to me. I really find Sony's online login system (via the web) to be convoluted and Xbox's online site is just as big a hassle for buying shit and handling accounts, too (every time I buy something on XBOX.com, it ends up auto downloading to the wrong fucking console -- not even one of the consoles I fucking own even more and not to the console that is currently set as the one owning all the licenses!).

I hope they all fix their shit, next generation. Online, mobile, console -- all the interfaces should be seemless, simple, and powerful.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By recroulette
    @Kuiper: They added the ability to deactivate all systems about a year ago if not longer. Here's how to do it. 

I didn't find out about this until a few months back, took them long enough, but at least we got it. Doesn't apply to the video store though. You have to call them if you activated a video on an account you can't access anymore. Not really worth the trouble. 
    project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By project343

Way more functional than any other Playstation store that I've ever seen. It isn't in a constant state of breaking down in front of me... so there's that.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By BigBoss1911

Better than this abomination.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Snail

Hooray indeed! It is even available here in Portugal!

This is great. I don't have to turn on my PS3 to see what's new in the store, and good promotions are easier to snatch now (not that I remember ever taking advantage of one on the PSN store though). This also makes PS+ even more appealing because now you can just "acquire" the games from the "free game library" or whatever it's called, thereby attaching them to your account so you can download them whenever you'd like as long as you have a subscription, without even having to go to your PS3/Vita right?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RE_Player1

I used it to buy LBP Karting and redeem a Ni No Kuni code I got with the guide and it worked like a charm. Looking forward to my PS3 automatically downloading these titles in the future.

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Kierkegaard

I like it. Unfinished Swan and Looper are mine now. Design seems fine to me.

Miketakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Miketakon

It's slick man...I have a question though. If I sub to PS+ through the webstore will I able to use the discounts? Or is that stuff tied to your system?

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By aurahack

Was every other URL in the world taken? Someone should go up to the guy who thought 30 characters BEFORE the ".com" was a genius idea and deck him in the face.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RE_Player1

@Miketakon said:

It's slick man...I have a question though. If I sub to PS+ through the webstore will I able to use the discounts? Or is that stuff tied to your system?

That shouldn't be a problem cause PS+ is tied to your account. You should be able to access discounts on PC, PS3 and Vita with your PSN account you associate your Plus subscription with.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xyzygy

You mean to tell me this wasn't available before? Jesus... behind with the times much.

Hopefully it's better than that mess of a system they have on the actual console.

Avatar image for zombiesatemycereal
    zombiesatemycereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This is nice, but it's rather dumb that it doesn't automatically start downloading once you turn on your PS3. You still have to tell it to download from your list.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.