How do you organise your PS3 collection?

• 98 results
#1 Edited by Hizang (8533 posts) -

I have 98 PS3 games, which is a lot of PS3 games! I don't really have them in any order because I really don't know how. PS3 games are really akward because older games have the red stripe while the current have the black stripe + slip cases + PSMove games, so many considerations!

How do you do it?

EDIT

I should point out that this has been sorted now.

So I have organised my 110+ PS3 games into 3 sections each on different shelfs.

• Completed games.
  • Uncompleted games.
  • Games I am currently playing or will be playing.

Completed games and uncompleted games are in alphabetical order and are stacked one next to the other where as the games I am currently playing are stacked next to my TV, not in any order.

I really like this system, having my games that I have not completed all on one shelf really encouraged me to get busy and start completing those games instead of having another Call of Duty night. Since I did this last week I have completed Brutal Legend and Star Wars The Force Unleashed. Although this doesn't seem to be a long term setup, I'd say once I complete 6 more games I will be out of room on my completed shelf, so this is a temporary solution but a good one at that.

#2 Posted by FTomato (233 posts) -

Last played, most recent closest to me.

#3 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

But when you get to 98 it is hard...

#4 Posted by ArcadeHero (70 posts) -

Alphabetical is the best if you have a lot of games, easy to find and keeps franchises together for the most part.

#5 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (730 posts) -

Alphabetical. Anything else is madness.

#6 Edited by Wraxend (552 posts) -

I don't let the red banner of old bother me. I just go alphabetical then for franchise I go with release.

#7 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

They are just on my shelf in a random order, I keep all my games in a disc wallet anyway because who wants to get up and go to a shelf and open/close different cases every time?

#8 Posted by RE_Player1 (7550 posts) -

Alphabetical.

#9 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

Alphabetically.

#10 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

@Wraxend: @ssj4raditz: @msavo: @ArcadeHero: @Sooty: I can't do that because of the red stripe, it bugs the hell out of me seeing random red stripes and black stripes all scattered around.

#11 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

@Hizang: I do have a bit of distress when I look at my collection and see those differing labels; I'd rather have them the way they are, though, just easier for me to find what I want to play! But, I understand what you mean.

#12 Posted by ArcadeHero (70 posts) -

@Hizang: Learn to love every game for the unique snowflake that they are...

or just throw all your old games out :)

#13 Posted by mac_n_nina (272 posts) -

alphabetically

i have close to 200 games for 360 if not more and i found that the easiest way to organize them is to put them in a cd case alphabetically

i love cases especially ps3 game cases but they take up way too much space when you have so many games

#14 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4292 posts) -

By shortest to tallest in alphabetical order.

#15 Posted by probablytuna (3546 posts) -

98? Jesus........... Also, I do it in alphabetical order and if it's in a franchise I then sub-categorise it in order of release.

#16 Posted by Mijati (896 posts) -

I order mine by the total character counter of the credits.

Or alphabetical order, whichever I feel like doing.

#17 Posted by Wraxend (552 posts) -

@Hizang: In which case organise them by release date. then the red stripes will be seperate.

#18 Posted by Redbullet685 (6027 posts) -

I have 10 PS3 games and I stack them up next to my PS3, so whatever I play ends up on top on top of the stack, and whatever I haven't been playing is at the bottom.

#19 Edited by Melvargh (489 posts) -

Alphabetical. Get over the red stripe. It's a label.

#20 Posted by BurningHunter (56 posts) -

Spider-Man font boxes arranged alphabetically, followed by current PS3 font arranged alphabetically.

#21 Posted by AlexW00d (6186 posts) -

@dekkadekkadekka said:

Alphabetical. Anything else is madness.

This. I'm no monster.

#22 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

@FTomato said:

Last played, most recent closest to me.

This, because I have less than 10.

#23 Posted by N7 (3573 posts) -

I just have a stack and I put them down depending on the last one I played. So, the top is the one I'm playing now, and under that is the last one and so on and so forth.

#24 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

Most liked to least liked

#25 Posted by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -

I used to do it by chronological order of when I bought it, but now I've changed to alphabetical. It's just easier once you get to the higher amounts of games.

#26 Posted by ShadowKnight508 (659 posts) -

First off, I have a special section on my bookshelf just for my PS3 games. As for the way I organize them, I usually do it by the standard A-Z order. The box for the game that I am currently playing sits next to my 2009 80GB PS3 until the disk is put back in and the box returned to the shelf.

#27 Posted by NeoGamer (158 posts) -

Chronological order of release... I'm one of those crazy date freak guys, but the good thing of this is that the red stripe games never get mixed with the black stripe ones.

#28 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I only have 19 PS3 games so there is no order.

#29 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

I've got 62 and I organize them alphabetically by franchise then chronologically within that. If I dont its really hard to find the game I'm looking for. The different cases really bugged me at first but after a while you stop noticing and get used to it.

#30 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

Currently it's a mess, I pulled a bunch of stuff from my collection to sell. However it's usually alphabetical.

#31 Posted by Deadmanforking (570 posts) -

I have 42 PS3 games, they are all tossed in a box under my bed.

#32 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

@BurningHunter said:

Spider-Man font boxes arranged alphabetically, followed by current PS3 font arranged alphabetically.

That seems like a good idea.

#33 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

4 PS3 games.. I manage! 

98 eh? holy fuck.

#34 Posted by GunstarRed (5037 posts) -

I Only have 19 and theyre hidden in a corner of my room. theyre not alphabetical but all the Uncharteds/Ratchets/Killzones are grouped together.

#35 Posted by Sweep (8823 posts) -

Sometimes Uncharted 3 is on the top and Infamous 2 is underneath. However, I have been known to occasionally place Infamous 2 on top of Uncharted 3. I'm just a maverick like that.

I sometimes think about owning more than two PS3 games, but that sounds like it could get messy.

#36 Posted by shermanatorek (114 posts) -

I don't organize my games. I just put the game I recently played in front of my other games on my shelf. If I ever want to play an older game all I have to do is look to the right.

#37 Edited by mariokart64fan (366 posts) -

i dont they are in a drawer nuff said, they are stacked , , my nes games are on a shelve next to the original xbox section and the ps2 sits below 360 section gc is below xbox 1 section , my genesis are on a metal shelf accross the room , my n64 games are in this big barrel snes games ocupy 2 milk crates and wii games occupy 1 crate and a barrel my ps1 dc games are in a cd holder, same for sega saturn and sega cd my ds 3ds games are in a box and some are in carrying cases my gbc gba gamegear and gb original games are in this metal gba carry case i got along time ago psp games are in a drawer as well so ya their all in their own section

and i do keep the cases for the cd games, all my cartridges are loose, hence all the boxes ripping along time ago , i have 1700 games total averaging 100 games or more per system excluding pc , i only have like 28 working win xp/vista/7 games with a whole box full of old games that aint compatibile,

and 4 atari 2600 games , 5 saturn and 3 sega cd these are the only platforms i have less then 10 games for everyother platform i have over 10-or more games

#38 Posted by Yurtigo (35 posts) -

Colors.

#39 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

There's really not much to organize...

#40 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Two stacks, old and new covers, alphabetical.

#41 Posted by JacDG (2114 posts) -

I don't.

#42 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (263 posts) -

Alphabetical.

#43 Posted by mosespippy (4043 posts) -

The same as every other sane person in this thread; alphabetical. On the hard drive they are arranged in folders labeled PSOne, Trash, Unplayed, Minis and Worth Playing. Unfortunately thanks to PS+ a lot of the first 4 folders are getting big.

#44 Edited by Hizang (8533 posts) -

Another issue I probably didn't explain was that I only have one shelf for all of these, so it looks like this.

- - - -

- - - - - Ignore spaces in-between, but yes its like this.

- - - -

||||||||||

#45 Posted by tentkaylor (13 posts) -

I sort my video games by genre. For the PS3 I have them from sports---racing---fighting--RPG--shooter--platformer--adventure

#46 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

Its all about the alphabetical, I have 200 odd xbox games and the only way to find what I want is to be alphabetical.

#47 Posted by BleedingStarX (279 posts) -

@Hizang said:

@Wraxend: @ssj4raditz: @msavo: @ArcadeHero: @Sooty: I can't do that because of the red stripe, it bugs the hell out of me seeing random red stripes and black stripes all scattered around.

Alphabet the red stripes and then the black stripes?

#48 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

I should point out that this has been sorted now.

So I have organised my 110+ PS3 games into 3 sections each on different shelfs.

• Completed games.
  • Uncompleted games.
  • Games I am currently playing or will be playing.

Completed games and uncompleted games are in alphabetical order and are stacked one next to the other where as the games I am currently playing are stacked next to my TV, not in any order.

I really like this system, having my games that I have not completed all on one shelf really encouraged me to get busy and start completing those games instead of having another Call of Duty night. Since I did this last week I have completed Brutal Legend and Star Wars The Force Unleashed. Although this doesn't seem to be a long term setup, I'd say once I complete 6 more games I will be out of room on my completed shelf, so this is a temporary solution but a good one at that.

#49 Posted by CamiKitten (8 posts) -

Alphabetical here. I own GOTY of Fallout 3 and Oblivion as well as the original so they follow suit behind the original.

#50 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

I have a CD spindle. It has games on it. Ordered by preference.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.