Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

How Should I Reset My PS3?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vinchenzo

My friend recently, today actually, decided he'd like to buy my PS3 for his Dad's birthday. That being said, I haven't really used it, but would like to clear everything off of the console. I did use the internet browser a couple times, and obviously had to install a couple games to my hard drive. Should I just do a system restore or a factory reset? If not those, any other suggestions? (Remember, I want the system as if it came out of the box without being set up. That means no saves, no logins, no past information in any form.)

It'd also be ideal if you included how to do your suggestion. I did a Google search before I made this thread so in case you choose not to include a "how-to" I should be able to easily find the process. Would still be nice regardless.

Thanks.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

System restore, Factory reset i believe just resets all settings and does nothing to the memory...ect System restore will deleted every thing.
    yeah just checked system restore will restore every thing to factory settings and delete all information, Factory restore *restore default settings* will just reset all settings on the system.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.