I bought DLC on the PS Store but can't download it. Please help.

#1 Posted by roomac (36 posts) -

I just bought a game pack for GT5 on the PS Store. I had to update my card details and then I added the £5 to my wallet on the store. The DLC was then bought and I got the money taken out of my account and a confirmation email was sent to me about my purchase. However, i can't download the DLC. It didn't download automatically, and when I look at the DLC in the store, it still has the 'Buy Now' button next to it (not 'Download Now'). Usually when you download something, a red shopping bag icon appears next to the item. This item has a blue shopping bag next to it. So it knows i have bought it, but there is no download button. Has anybody had this happen before? I'm not sure what to do.

Cheers

#2 Posted by Sterling (2608 posts) -

Check your download history. If it doesn't appear there contact Sony support.

#3 Posted by roomac (36 posts) -

When I go into account management, and look at my list of transactions. It is there.

But it isn't in my downloads list.

#4 Posted by doejonathan (172 posts) -
@roomac: You might try firing up GT5, on the main menu there should be a Store icon. Try to activate it from there. I remember GT5 has some quirks when it comes to stuff like that. 
#5 Posted by roomac (36 posts) -

Cheers, I'll give that a try.

#6 Posted by RustySanderke (117 posts) -

@roomac said:

When I go into account management, and look at my list of transactions. It is there.

But it isn't in my downloads list.

I've had the exact same thing happen to me. Waiting didn't solve it. After a phone call with my local PlayStation support I got a refund. I suggest you do the same.

#7 Posted by roomac (36 posts) -

@doejonathan: That worked. Seems like a really stupid system. I had to go into the game and activate them.

Thanks for your help.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.