Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

I Need Help

rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By rockinkemosabe

Hey, I just bought a new Samsung HDTV and I went ahead and purchased an HDMI cable because I was upgrading from a stand def. I attached the HDMI to the TV and I get 1080P output, and I used the left-right audio cables that came with the system to hook up to my receiver. The issue is that I don't get any sound coming out of my stereo, and I changed my audio output setting to Audio Input Connector / SCART / AV MULTI but there is still no sound.

Also, I did change the Audio Multi-Output to ON and I only get sound that comes out of the TV and still nothing out of the stereo.

If anyone can help me in my dire predicament it would be kindly appreciated.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TotalEklypse

Just go to the audio settings and switch it that way within the XMB.  Not sure how well the multi audio out shit works.. Never fucked with it i just switch it via XMB.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SlasherMan

Are you sure you have the cables connected right? They are going in 'Audio In' ports on the receiver, yes?

rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By rockinkemosabe

@SlasherMan: Everything is connected correctly in the receiver. I got perfect audio coming out of my stereo when I had my previous TV with the same receiver hooked up.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SlasherMan

Did you have everything connected the same way before (aside from the video obviously)? Were you using the same cables? Did you try perhaps resetting the PS3's settings? Did you try to get audio over the HDMI cable (just to rule out some sort of audio issue with the PS3 itself)?
    As far as I can tell, you have it set up correctly as far as the PS3 settings go, so don't really have a lot of ideas here.

gravytrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gravytrain

Have you confirmed with the new tv that coax input coming from device A (not ps3) -> receiver works? if you have an optical cable you could also consider using HDMI exclusively for video, then digital out to the receiver as opposed to coax connections.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.