I sure did mess up my Playstation Network account.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

So I fell for the lil trick of gamesharing. I play online a lot. And with a certain guy name dDude500. I've been playing with him since Battlefield Bad Company first came out. He asked me if I ever gameshared before. I dont know anything about so I asked. He says where I give him my login and password and he can download whatever games off my account. I thought ok why not. And he did the same for me. So he downloaded and I downloaded.  

Anyways, so founding out I can do this I thought it would be a convenience to do this at my brothers house instead of dragging my PS3 around. So I went to his house created a new account and logged in. I tried to download Fat Princess and it said I've reached my 5 PS3 activations. I was thinking WTF? So I called Sony and they said that 5 people are already using my account and they asked if I gave my info to anyone. I told them yeah. They said that they've might have given it out to other people. So thinking back I found out that it was dDude500 that given the login out.  

So now stupid has to deal with the fact that when my PS3 goes out (so far so good since the launch) I would have buy my games all over again. After this I've learned from my mistake. Never trust people online. I feel ashamed of myself and after seeing this I went ahead and deleted the games i downloaded from him. So, the only thing I'm asking from people here is if you see dDude500 online to please find a way to make him feel horrible and humiliate him. Thanks.

#2 Posted by Drebin_893 (2926 posts) -

Sounds like you completely brought it upon yourself.

#3 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1916 posts) -

Honestly, why should we? I don't mean to be a jackass, but you made a mistake that none of us should have to take the burden of avenging you for.

#4 Posted by KamasamaK (2409 posts) -

So did you change your password yet?

#5 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
"I dont know anything about so I asked. He says where I give him my login and password. "
Now you know never to do that again.
#6 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Yeah, that was a mistake on your part, thus, we should not flame an already hostile internet crowd.  All I have to say is, never share anything valuable online, especially passwords and money.

#7 Posted by Baillie (4279 posts) -

Your fault. Rather humiliate you.

#8 Edited by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -

Hey, let's share our bank account numbers and passwords, so we can transfer cash between ourselves!

#9 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

actually I do it too.

Yeah, the main thing is that you DO NOT give it to anybody you dont know. Friends are fine, but really really decent mates.

#10 Posted by Baillie (4279 posts) -

Cool man my account number is 00157005.

#11 Posted by PufferFiz (1384 posts) -

Giantbomb is not your personal army.

#12 Posted by KillaMaStA (859 posts) -

This is completly and utterly your own fault. 

I didint know that anyone trusted people online anymore. Or are you just like 10 years old?

#13 Posted by Brake (1118 posts) -

Gamesharing? Well, that's a nice buzzword for it, but I call that phishing. 

But I mean really, how do you not know that?

#14 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

Never trust people if you don't know them. You made a mistake and that happens, but unfortunately it was a kind of big mistake.

#15 Posted by Bioderm (194 posts) -

Never trust anyone online unless it's a real life friend even so... My friend gave is wow account and password to his best friend and the first thing he did when they got angry at each other is steal 4k of gold. Maybe it's only virtual money but I think it's still stealing

#16 Posted by regularassmilk (1466 posts) -

Kinda sounds like your the one who fucked yourself over.

#17 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

You should have deleted his account if you have his password!

But yeah, your fault.

#18 Posted by Phished0ne (2533 posts) -

i only gameshare with people i know in real-life for this exact same reason. 

you didn't "fall for the trick of game-sharing"   you misused a good feature. 

I tried to gameshare with one of my friends lately,  and it wouldn't let me log on my psn account from his ps3....i dont know why...

#19 Posted by Phished0ne (2533 posts) -
@ChineseTea:  Its not "phishing" if you give the info to people willingly  ;)...... 

sony says people should gameshare, i remember them talking about it at one of their E3 conferences, Jack Tretton said people should  "split the cost of downloadable games between friends"
#20 Posted by PeasForFees (2411 posts) -
@Drebin_893 said:
" Sounds like you completely brought it upon yourself. "
#21 Posted by Radar (901 posts) -

Do you fall for those sites promising thousands of MS points if you give them your account info too? It's the same level of stupidity.

@PufferFiz said:

" Giantbomb is not your personal army. "

#22 Posted by LiquidPrince (16124 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
" So I fell for the lil trick of gamesharing. I play online a lot. And with a certain guy name dDude500. I've been playing with him since Battlefield Bad Company first came out. He asked me if I ever gameshared before. I dont know anything about so I asked. He says where I give him my login and password and he can download whatever games off my account. I thought ok why not. And he did the same for me. So he downloaded and I downloaded.   Anyways, so founding out I can do this I thought it would be a convenience to do this at my brothers house instead of dragging my PS3 around. So I went to his house created a new account and logged in. I tried to download Fat Princess and it said I've reached my 5 PS3 activations. I was thinking WTF? So I called Sony and they said that 5 people are already using my account and they asked if I gave my info to anyone. I told them yeah. They said that they've might have given it out to other people. So thinking back I found out that it was dDude500 that given the login out.   So now stupid has to deal with the fact that when my PS3 goes out (so far so good since the launch) I would have buy my games all over again. After this I've learned from my mistake. Never trust people online. I feel ashamed of myself and after seeing this I went ahead and deleted the games i downloaded from him. So, the only thing I'm asking from people here is if you see dDude500 online to please find a way to make him feel horrible and humiliate him. Thanks. "
Change your password.
#23 Posted by angelkanarias (1440 posts) -

Interesting, I'll do that, with friends of course.

#24 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6999 posts) -

Only do it with your good friends. That is the message here, dear readers.

#25 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

dang that sucks. u kind of brought it to yourself for doing that. o well there is nothing really u can do anything about now. lets just hope nothing bad happens with ur account.

#26 Posted by brainwins (252 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
So, the only thing I'm asking from people here is if you see dDude500 online to please find a way to make him feel horrible and humiliate him. Thanks. "
He is probably asking the same for you in another forum.
I guess you should be glad you weren't banned or something nasty.
#27 Posted by choffy21 (1376 posts) -

Welcome to the internet.

#28 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

i have done it before but only with people i actualy know that go to my school. one thing you need to do is CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD TO SOMETHING RANDOM like pies1 or something then after he/she downloads you go back to your account and CHANGE IT BACK to something that you remember or just your old password.

#29 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

That sucks dude, but it was 100% your fault.  I mean I'm sure you trusted the guy who you gave your login information to because you knew him for a while, but he is still just some random dude on the internet.

#30 Posted by Jambones (1696 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
" Never trust people."
As they say, "fixed."

Sorry it happened though.
#31 Edited by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

Boy, what a tough break. Say man, could I borrow your credit card information?

#32 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

After this whole thing happened I did change my password. But i was smart enough to delete my billing info before I gave it to him. So don't think Im stupid enough to give people my credit card numbers. The only thing I thought I screwed myself over with is that I didnt know there was a 5 PS3 limit on downloads. So now I have to deactivate this PS3 before I switch hard drives or PS3's.

Anyways, Im not saying go look for the guy and bash him. Im just saying if you happen to see him in Killzone 2 or Call of Duty to forget everyone else and just target him. You dont have to, its up to you.

And last thing. After this whole thing happened I deleted everything I downloaded from him off my PS3. And his account. I didnt give it to anyone else. Im not that messed up. You know, two wrongs don't make a right.

#33 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@Radar said:
"  
Do you fall for those sites promising thousands of MS points if you give them your account info too? It's the same level of stupidity.

@PufferFiz said:

" Giantbomb is not your personal army. "

"
Dude. I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone. It was a guy ive been gaming with for awhile. I talked to him all the time. Its not like I gave my bank info. It was just my account info just so he can download games. No billing info on my account. The only thing that happened was that I exceeded my 5 PS3 amounts. I didnt know that existed.
#34 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

No sympathy man, none, zero. 

#36 Posted by Shaunage (724 posts) -

Perfect.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.