Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Infamous 2

LoveSpuds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Feeling really excited about Infamous: Second Son and having just finished New Game+ on The Last of Us I decided to cleanse my pallet a little with a replay of Infamous 2.

When there are choices to be made I always go down the goodie two shoes route but as this is my second play through I thought I would go for the full negative karma and associated missions this time around. I have to say I am amazed at how differently it plays when you are being a complete burk.

Just being indiscriminate with my powers is so refreshing, the carnage I have wrought is really liberating, it did take a little while to start enjoying playing this way as it goes against all my sensibilities but it seems I have now passed over to the darkside. I realised this when I needed to throw a car and walked past 2 parked motors to pick up one with a driver in who had honked his horn at me, what am I becoming :)

Just wondered what route others default too and how easy they found it to switch.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

No reason for this thread to be an answerable question: that tag is meant for questions that have one objective answer that can be marked as "correct".

In any case, yeah, it's super fun. With both inFAMOUS games I first did a "good karma" playthrough and then a "bad karma" one. Enjoy being an oppressive monster, abusing your godlike powers to electrocute anyone and everyone in your sight. And just generally being a dick by hitting people with a mace, or throwing cars at people. Man I miss that game.

I might also have gotten slightly worried at how much I enjoyed those second playthroughs. Oh well! Can't wait for Second Son!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It was tons of fun in inFamous 1. Crazy how differently the game feels when you treat every single encounter with reckless abandon.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I always defaulted to good (and I think Sucker Punch has stated in interviews that the % is somewhere around 75% of people go good). However, I could never make myself change.

The only time I've seen "bad" play-throughs are in walkthroughs or when I made my friend play inFamous 1.

I'm just not wired that way :)

- Also, good idea for using inFamous as a palate cleanser for The Last of Us. I finished 2 recently, so it won't work for me - I'm considering Dust: An Elysian Tail.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@ahaisthisourchance said:

No Caption Provided

Hey man, I got pallet and palate mixed up myself before I double checked :D

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

God dammit. I was supposed to add 'not to be confused with palate', but I accidentally deleted it! I guess I burned myself.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i played both good and evil,but even when i was playing good guy i couldn't stop myself from blowing the shit out off innocent bystander and cars

it would be a crime not too.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always do good playthroughs in games. I just feel really bad every time I try to do an evil playthrough, and can never bring myself to be horrible.

LoveSpuds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL, not just me then. These are the only games where I have actually stuck it out when playing as a bad guy. I did try playing ME2 as a renegade but had to stop as it just felt too wrong. Infamous 2 just lets you tool around without being too deep that you consider the consequences of your actions.

Just finished everything on the 1st island about to move on - I enjoyed this game on release but forgot just how good this game is. Really excited for Second Son now :)

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By DeF

inFamous 1 = better with bad karma

inFamous 2 = better with good karma (ice jump!)

does that make sense? no. but that's how I played them and each playthrough with the other karma felt morally wrong and also kinda sucked in terms of gameplay.

edit: I would also argue that 1=bad, 2=good makes more narrative sense.

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

In both games I did evil first and good on the second playtrough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.