Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Is the Playstation 3 Worth It?

Warborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Warborn

While my last generation console addiction, was heavily involved into the Microsoft Xbox, and Sony's Playstation 2, I've only been playing this generation on my Xbox 360.  I've been dying to get a Playstation 3 ever since it was first announced, because Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, and a few others have just been on my mind. When I first got my hands onto a Playstation 3 it was my cousins console. I played some Resistence Fall of Man, and didn't seem too enjoy it all to much. The only feeling I got from that game for about 4-5 hours was... wow I've played this game before. While graphically it was kind of shocking, it was the same ol' repetitive FPS gameplay I have enjoyed for about 6-7 years before hand.

But after seeing things like Killzone 2 and MGS4, I've really wanted to get my hands on the system. I was one of the few people back in 2004 who really enjoyed the first Killzone game, while it did have many bugs that didn't really bother me. Also being a huge Metla Gear Solid fan I really don't see a problem with getting the system until the price comes into view. Now I can afford the system, but does it offer much besides these 2 games, and possibly Little Big Planet worth getting for?

Warborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Warborn

While my last generation console addiction, was heavily involved into the Microsoft Xbox, and Sony's Playstation 2, I've only been playing this generation on my Xbox 360.  I've been dying to get a Playstation 3 ever since it was first announced, because Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, and a few others have just been on my mind. When I first got my hands onto a Playstation 3 it was my cousins console. I played some Resistence Fall of Man, and didn't seem too enjoy it all to much. The only feeling I got from that game for about 4-5 hours was... wow I've played this game before. While graphically it was kind of shocking, it was the same ol' repetitive FPS gameplay I have enjoyed for about 6-7 years before hand.

But after seeing things like Killzone 2 and MGS4, I've really wanted to get my hands on the system. I was one of the few people back in 2004 who really enjoyed the first Killzone game, while it did have many bugs that didn't really bother me. Also being a huge Metla Gear Solid fan I really don't see a problem with getting the system until the price comes into view. Now I can afford the system, but does it offer much besides these 2 games, and possibly Little Big Planet worth getting for?

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By randiolo

If ya want my advice. the ps3 is a quality console. i got it ages ago at full price and it was worth every penny.  If anyone thinks then only good games on ps3 are mgs4 a LBP then thier being very short sited. 

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ZeroCast

Yes.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince

Yes.

LeetBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By LeetBalla

Uncharted is really good, probably has some of the best voice acting you will hear in a game. Also, I think Infamous will be amazing. I still suggest you keep getting multiplatform games on 360, they tend to run better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have 360 and PS3....and I'm gonna have to say no. Sorry.

It is a quality console though. But there's not really any rush to get one. There's not that many games on it that I personally find interesting. MGS4, Flower, and Noby Noby are basically the games I own on it. Uncharted is a really good game, but you would be satisfied just renting it probably. I didn't like Resistance either. And I've only played the demo of Killzone 2. Pretty looking game, but it didn't really captivate me enough to go any further with it. It could be just me though.

In short, if you have a 360 - you're set pretty much. You can buy a PS3 if you want for the few note-worthy exclusives, but it's not necessary.

Warborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Warborn

Thanks for the advice guys, I think I may just go out and get it. Although I'm gonna do a bit of research on what games are coming to the system beforehand.

EvolutionX0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EvolutionX0

i been trying to find out if i want one aswell but considering its going for cheap now for what its worth, i think its a bargin.

yeah sure u wont get some features on it like only 2 instead of 4 memory slots or no ps2 compatblty but who cares most of us has a ps2 anyway but everything else is still there. and its good to get both consoles becuase why the heck not lol.
    s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By s-a-n-JR

My reasons for getting a PS3 (not neccessarily your reasons):

MGS4
    Uncharted 1+2
    Infamous
    Killzone 2
    God of War III
    LittleBigPlanet
    Team Ico Game (love me some Team ICO)

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

At this point just wait until E3. See what games get announced for the PS3 and 360, and then make your decision based on that knowledge. Also, there's a chance that Sony might announce a price drop or at the very least a new bundle with something like InFamous.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#11  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I own all three consoles, and I enjoy the hell out of my PS3.  Resistance 2, MGS4, MLB The Show, Disgaea 3, and Valkyria Chronicles have all made the system's purchase well worth the money.  That being said, I do agree with the following.

Chaser324 said:

"At this point just wait until E3. See what games get announced for the PS3 and 360, and then make your decision based on that knowledge. Also, there's a chance that Sony might announce a price drop or at the very least a new bundle with something like InFamous."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.