Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Is there a way to speed up downloads on my PS3?

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I've had my PS3 since launch, and I've barely played it, save for the Uncharted and Metal Gear games really. However, I recently purchased PS+ and have been purchasing the free games since I signed up.

However downloading these games are an absolute chore. Why on earth are they so terribly slow? I may not have the fasted internet, but at it's peak I can get up to 3MB/s. On the PS3, I barely get passed 3Mb/s.

Anyone got any tips? :/

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

For me, setting the secondary DNS to google's 8.8.8.8 -address helped a quit a bit.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you can, try hard-wiring it with an ethernet cable (assuming you're using wi-fi now).

Definitely helped for me.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@berserker976: Yup it works with a charm with a cable . i will try the Google DNS the other guy mentioned when i download the next batch of plus games,

yourbuddyjeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

if you don't have room to wire it like they are in two separate rooms you can use a wireless bridge to set it up I use that so I get a wireless N signal and then pump it in via Ethernet to my ps3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.