Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Just bought PS3 (first Sony system). What should I play?

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey everyone! I just bought a used PS3 mainly to play console fighting games (I was using a PS3 fightstick on PC) and I'm wondering what other games people would recommend to me that are not on pc. I'm most interested in multiplayer games that are still active but all suggestions are welcomed. Thanks!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi
    Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get PS+ and go download Yakuza 4 while it's still free and then play it.

Go. Now.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

• MGS4,
    • Way of the Samurai 4
    • PSONE classic: Grandia
    ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Find a list of PS3 exclusives, it has way more worthy exclusives than the 360. Then, just look for the best console exclusives.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

That PS2 classics library has expanded a fair bit. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and Persona 4 are both on it and you need both of them. If you can only have one, decide whether you like the post-apocalypse or high school hijinx better.

Off-topic - I got a red squiggly line under "hijinx" and come to find out, that word is supposed to be spelled with a -ks on the end. Fuck that, an x on the end looks so much better.

EDIT: Also, Resistance 3 is a pretty great first person shooter. If you're traditionally a PC gamer, you might be bothered by the framerate (it unfortunately dips some) and/or the controls (it's a shooter on the PS3, those have never had satisfying controls), but the game's story and campaign are well-worth it. The first Resistance can be pretty fun at times, but portions of that game haven't aged well at all. Resistance 2 is a steaming pile of shit, and I don't mean that in an offhanded manner. It is one of the worst shooters I have ever played. The third one is the one you really need to play.

The rest of the PS3 games you should give a try are probably going to be mentioned ad nauseum, so I won't repeat them here.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By agentboolen

Motostorm series, Little Big Planet series, Ratchet and Clank, God of War games, Heavenly Sword. These are just a few I had fun with.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

If I was gonna play only one Uncharted game I'd start with 2. If I wanted to play one more I'd play Drakes Fortune. If you still want more then play Tomb Raider instead.

Motorstorm Pacific Rift is the only great Motorstorm game. The first one is good, the rest are bad.

If you played Dark Souls on PC or 360 then you might like Demon's Souls.

I still really like Flower.

For some timeless classics you should play Ico/Shadow of the Colossus, Persona 4, Okami, Odin Sphere.

Up until the recent PC release I would have said Valkyria Chronicles. Since I have no way of knowing if you played that then I'm gonna say Valkyria Chronicles anyway.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Solid 4, Unfinished Swan, Rain, Journey, Uncharted 2, Resistance 1, BlazBlue, Persona 4 Golden, Last of Us.

Lots of great games on the system. Hope you enjoy!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.