Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Just tried Playstation Home for the first time.

• 69 results
    hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By hwy_61

I don't get it.  I mean, I walked around for an hour clicking on things, watching the chat logs.  What do you do exactly?  Tried to converse with a few people, but all I see are people flirting with each other.  I think multiplayer games do a better job of getting strangers to socialize than this crap.  Did I miss something?  AMIDOINITRITE?

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's an online chess game.

StillVictor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By StillVictor

Yes. Sony can keep saying that Home is a success because people who log in to Home spend there an hour average.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By KaosAngel

It'd be better if it was like Second Life, I'd rather cyber on there. 

For some reason I love to get my jollies on in games like that, and it's a shame Sony won't allow it.  I'm a fairly sexy chick in Home, got the heels and everything.   

I mean, is there even a serious reason to be on Home?  We can't even use the avatars for games.  It's the biggest mistake Sony made with the PS3, right after having no good games (for the love of god...this is sarcasm).

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By onarum

yep Home is stupid,  actually it's beyond stupid, I remember at E3 last year, they were showing all of the sony PC at the virtual cinema thing, so I went there cuz I though that was kinda neat, then I see these 2 "girls" going around stopping by "guys" and saying something like "hey if you buy me this and this we will be your girlfriends", that alone made me reconsider the idea of using Home ever again, I disconnected shortly thereafter....

though some time ago they launched this Sodium one place (I think this is how it's called) that actually has a pretty fun game going on there, basically you controll a tank and shoot stuff, but it's pretty frantic and at times challenging, you can also upgrade your tank and whatnot, but then i got to lvl 5 and learned I would have to buy stuff to play the rest of the game, so I just  said eff it and never used home again, that was also last year if I'm not mistaken.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I never even bothered trying it. 
    ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By ssj4raditz

I used it for about 10 minutes one day. And, that was it.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KaosAngel

Yo!  I am 100% positive that if Home had yiffing, Home would be populated 24/7.  

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By onarum

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I tried it once but things took forever to load so I gave up.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hwy_61
    @onarum said:

" yep Home is stupid,  actually it's beyond stupid, I remember at E3 last year, they were showing all of the sony PC at the virtual cinema thing, so I went there cuz I though that was kinda neat, then I see these 2 "girls" going around stopping by "guys" and saying something like "hey if you buy me this and this we will be your girlfriends", that alone made me reconsider the idea of using Home ever again, I disconnected shortly thereafter....  though some time ago they launched this Sodium one place (I think this is how it's called) that actually has a pretty fun game going on there, basically you controll a tank and shoot stuff, but it's pretty frantic and at times challenging, you can also upgrade your tank and whatnot, but then i got to lvl 5 and learned I would have to buy stuff to play the rest of the game, so I just  said eff it and never used home again, that was also last year if I'm not mistaken. "

I've owned my ps3 for a year now, and tonight I decided to use Home.  I didn't know what to expect, since I've pretty much paid attention to zero coverage.  Man, I should've read what the media had to say, because Home is really stupid.
    Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Malakhii

I've only used home once, on my roomate's PS3. I made his avatar into a female and hit on a bunch of random dudes, sending them friend requests and messages. He was ecstatic to discover all the shit on his PS3 the next day. 

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By grilledcheez

I got called a noob when I first used it...: / 

Lavapotamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lavapotamus

I tried it out on my roommate's PS3 once, thought it was great fun for all of 30 minutes. I don't really understand the purpose of it. I understand the concept, but the application as is seems pretty useless. I haven't anyone talk about it in a long time, including Sony, so I figured everyone kind of gave up on it.

HereAllDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HereAllDay

Not only is there nothing to do, there's clans in there doing nothing. This guy once asked me to join his clan and to do so I'd have to go buy an Altair costume from the mall, made me LOL so hard, anyhow does anyone know what a Home clan does?

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By ch13696

I'm assuming you only went into the main plaza. There's still other stuff you can do. There's bowling, arcades, and some weird saucer thing in the main part. There's also a few multiplayer games when you browse around the different sections. I wouldn't really listen to many people on here. These are the people that either tried it once when it first came out or listen to the people talking crap on it when it first came out. Trust me, they keep adding to it and making it better.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By beforet

I only ever get on Home when I miss the store button. The times I intentionally attempt to get into Home are cut short by the patch I need to download, which I never do.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By hwy_61
    @ch13696 said:
    " I'm assuming you only went into the main plaza. There's still other stuff you can do. There's bowling, arcades, and some weird saucer thing in the main part. There's also a few multiplayer games when you browse around the different sections. I wouldn't really listen to many people on here. These are the people that either tried it once when it first came out or listen to the people talking crap on it when it first came out. Trust me, they keep adding to it and making it better. "
    I went to the theater, bowling alley, and the mall.  The fact that you have to download a room before you enter was kind of a boner killer.  I went into the tester 2 theater expecting people to make smart ass comments about what was going on (I was), but nothing >.<  It's like Home is full of bots or something.
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Gabriel

After Game Rooms over, how about some PlayStation Home quick looks Jeff? 

*Gunshot*

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CABBAGES

I thought it was goin to be great when they showed you could put video files stored on you hdd on the tv in your own house space and play music from your stereo and also use pictures on your hdd to decorate your house.
    But none of that happend and I dont think it ever will now.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By recroulette
    @sharma55 said:

" Not only is there nothing to do, there's clans in there doing nothing. This guy once asked me to join his clan and to do so I'd have to go buy an Altair costume from the mall, made me LOL so hard, anyhow does anyone know what a Home clan does? "

A clan....wearing altairs costume... which is a white robe

a CLAN.... 
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zeforgotten

I like it, mostly because of those retarded people, you know. The ones who thought it was gonna be a game and not a Avatar chat/community thing that Sony said it would be. 
    You know those guys right? The idiots who thinks that everything that i on a console is a super AAA Game. 
    Come on, you guys know! Geesh, those guy who are so stupid that their parents wish they didn't have the kid in the first place 

Wait.. 'looks around'... Oh, hi guys, I'm sorry!.. 
    I didn't know it was all of you :(

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#23  Edited By fox01313

It seemed strange that they put it out in beta for who knows how long, as I lost track, but for me PS Home just was another possible  good idea for Sony executed in such a backwards way that just seems to make it useless. Aside from the demos there's really nothing more than an overglorified ICQ chat room where you decorate a homepage (with fake furniture or other stuff you buy). The sad part is how Sony is clinging on to it instead of saying that it's scrapped & trying something else.

HereAllDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HereAllDay
    @RecSpec said:
    " Home had lofty promises the failed@sharma55 said:
    " Not only is there nothing to do, there's clans in there doing nothing. This guy once asked me to join his clan and to do so I'd have to go buy an Altair costume from the mall, made me LOL so hard, anyhow does anyone know what a Home clan does? "
    A clan....wearing altairs costume... which is a white robe a CLAN....  "
    Oh god.... 
    imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By imhungry

i for one think it's brilliant! maybe it's childish, ok it most certainly is childish, but there's nothing quite like interrupting conversations with dancing or being a terrible poor sport in all the stupid games like bowling by thumbs-downing people in the face

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By iam3green

it's nothing good to do on there. i played it a couple of times on my friend's ps3.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ravensword

Did you try going to the game spaces or playing the various mini games they have?
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By napalm

Home sounds amazing. I totally want a PlayStation 3 for this.

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By Kierkegaard
    @elsuperdonut said:
    " @ch13696 said:
    " I'm assuming you only went into the main plaza. There's still other stuff you can do. There's bowling, arcades, and some weird saucer thing in the main part. There's also a few multiplayer games when you browse around the different sections. I wouldn't really listen to many people on here. These are the people that either tried it once when it first came out or listen to the people talking crap on it when it first came out. Trust me, they keep adding to it and making it better. "
    I went to the theater, bowling alley, and the mall.  The fact that you have to download a room before you enter was kind of a boner killer.  I went into the tester 2 theater expecting people to make smart ass comments about what was going on (I was), but nothing >.<  It's like Home is full of bots or something. "
    Home's basic spaces are mostly shitty advertising and trumped up chat rooms. However, the game-based spaces for Uncharted, Infamous, Buzz, and more are actually quite cool. They usually construct little bits of the game world for you to run around in with some mini-games and challenges. 

Is it amazing and fantastic? No. Is it a fun little time waster that you can experience free after a quick download? Yes. So, download a couple and see what gems you can find.
    RankRabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By RankRabbit

My favorite part about home is that I can spend $3 on Diesel t-shirt for my avatar as well as many other clothing choices. Just another way to advance my mission of finding the sex on Home.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GoofyGoober
    @RecSpec: O LAWD XD
    Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i spent a few hours on it a couple times.  i began playing chess with a "girl" and i began flirting with her.  i stopped using it after i realised how much of a life i had (sarcasm)

SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33  Edited By SBYM
    @ZeForgotten said:
    " I like it, mostly because of those retarded people, you know. The ones who thought it was gonna be a game and not a Avatar chat/community thing that Sony said it would be. You know those guys right? The idiots who thinks that everything that i on a console is a super AAA Game. Come on, you guys know! Geesh, those guy who are so stupid that their parents wish they didn't have the kid in the first place  Wait.. 'looks around'... Oh, hi guys, I'm sorry!.. I didn't know it was all of you :( "
    I know, right? People who don't like the things I like are retarded and shouldn't be alive!
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By zeforgotten
    @SBYM said:
    " @ZeForgotten said:
    " I like it, mostly because of those retarded people, you know. The ones who thought it was gonna be a game and not a Avatar chat/community thing that Sony said it would be. You know those guys right? The idiots who thinks that everything that i on a console is a super AAA Game. Come on, you guys know! Geesh, those guy who are so stupid that their parents wish they didn't have the kid in the first place  Wait.. 'looks around'... Oh, hi guys, I'm sorry!.. I didn't know it was all of you :( "
    I know, right? People who don't like the things I like are retarded and shouldn't be alive! "
    No my little dumb friend, those people I don't care about they're not funny or retarded. 
    It's the idiots that think it was supposed to be a game. Why are you getting so mad? Please don't tell me you're one of them!?
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By Enigma777

1. Go to the XMB 
    2. Go to the Home icon but don't launch it
    3. Press triangle  
    4. Select "Delete" 
    5. ??? 
    6. Profit

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I got into the beta. I had read a lot of preview coverage. So I'm thinking this could be kind of neat. I run it and play around the avatar maker. Move furniture and go to the plaza. Walk around lazily, go to the the arcade. People are queuing up but I manage to make it to an arcade game. Try it and leave bored. I go further into the mall and look at the store stuff.  Looked at the theater.

Anyway, my point is I was bored. I spent an hour at least exploring and then I became super bored. I have not run it since.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By hwy_61
    @Kierkegaard said:
    " @elsuperdonut said:
    " @ch13696 said:
    I went to the theater, bowling alley, and the mall.  The fact that you have to download a room before you enter was kind of a boner killer.  I went into the tester 2 theater expecting people to make smart ass comments about what was going on (I was), but nothing >.<  It's like Home is full of bots or something. "
    Home's basic spaces are mostly shitty advertising and trumped up chat rooms. However, the game-based spaces for Uncharted, Infamous, Buzz, and more are actually quite cool. They usually construct little bits of the game world for you to run around in with some mini-games and challenges.   Is it amazing and fantastic? No. Is it a fun little time waster that you can experience free after a quick download? Yes. So, download a couple and see what gems you can find. "
    Didn't see those...I'll give another run through and see what else I find.  Thanks!
    Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38  Edited By Kierkegaard
    @elsuperdonut said:
    " @Kierkegaard said:
    " @elsuperdonut said:
    " @ch13696 said:
    Home's basic spaces are mostly shitty advertising and trumped up chat rooms. However, the game-based spaces for Uncharted, Infamous, Buzz, and more are actually quite cool. They usually construct little bits of the game world for you to run around in with some mini-games and challenges.   Is it amazing and fantastic? No. Is it a fun little time waster that you can experience free after a quick download? Yes. So, download a couple and see what gems you can find. "
    Didn't see those...I'll give another run through and see what else I find.  Thanks! "
    You're welcome! I think people too often go to extremes on things like this. If it isn't a godsend it's a travesty. Home is not brilliant; I'm not even sure it's good. But it's got some fun bits I hope you find. 
    gill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By gill

I used Home when it first launched. It was worse then, absolutely nothing to do but walk around and watch Twilight trailers. Its probably a lot better now in comparison, but I never reinstalled it and I have no pressing desire to.

@Malakhii said:

" I've only used home once, on my roomate's PS3. I made his avatar into a female and hit on a bunch of random dudes, sending them friend requests and messages. He was ecstatic to discover all the shit on his PS3 the next day.  "
    I think you don't know what ecstatic means. At least I hope so because I, for one, would be the exact opposite.
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By penguindust

You've discovered what people who experienced Home when it was new found out.  Two years later and Home is still worthless.  I walked around the main plaza, and then departed to some of the game specific zones last time I entered.  Unless you like dancing with random strangers, it's not worth the load time. 

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By FritzDude

Aren't Home for the homeless?

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Malakhii
    @Gill said:
    " I used Home when it first launched. It was worse then, absolutely nothing to do but walk around and watch Twilight trailers. Its probably a lot better now in comparison, but I never reinstalled it and I have no pressing desire to.

@Malakhii said:
    " I've only used home once, on my roomate's PS3. I made his avatar into a female and hit on a bunch of random dudes, sending them friend requests and messages. He was ecstatic to discover all the shit on his PS3 the next day.  "
    I think you don't know what ecstatic means. At least I hope so because I, for one, would be the exact opposite. "
    You wouldn't be elated to be receiving messages from strangers, who are so unbelievably desperate for any form of ass that they have resorted to roaming the pristine lands of Playstation Home?  

Neither was my roomie. He was actually pretty pissed, but it was pretty darn funny to witness. 
    Amducious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Amducious

Went on it once for ten minutes before I got bored and went and played Bioshock instead

cgoodno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By cgoodno
    @elsuperdonut said:
    "What do you do exactly?"
    It's not really for the typical gamer, but more for those who like to just hang out in 3D worlds and socialize.  What you do is hang out, talk, have dance parties, and deal with the usual perverts one encounters in most other social environments.  I'm not sure what the draw is, but there are a lot of people who seem to like it.

I think it's less used in the U.S. compared to Europe and Japan where these type of things are more common and have communities built around them that lead to support and direction by the community rather than the undirected environments one typically gets in the U.S.

I remember back in the day logging onto a primarily French Anarchy Online server and seeing people just stand around and socialize all day rather than play the game.  Home is for those type of people who now don't pay a subscription fee to do it.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By get2sammyb

There is cool stuff in there, it's just directing people to the right stuff. It's never going to be for everyone, but they're taking it in a kind of meta-game MMO direction which is cool. There are full on shooters in Home now with persistent unlocks and ranks and stuff: Sodium One and Novus Prime. They're both good examples of where Home is heading (they've got a spy game coming out soon I believe).

The problem is, people are still caught up in the "HOME IS SO SHITZORZ!" that they refuse to give it a second chance. I appreciate it that the concept's not for everyone, but to say it's not improved is so wrong.

Examples of games in Home that people don't even know are there:

But it's totally just a big chat room, right guys?
    Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ben99

it's boring . I might give a second shot after I buy a keyboard . 

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#47  Edited By cornbredx

I tried home out when I first got my PS3. I don't like it. Takes to long to load stuff, very confusing interface, and I dont give a crap what little kids have to say on the internetz =P

So ya i found it pointless. Only cool thing is the virtual movie theatre. That was novelty, though, at best.
    Edit: forgot to say I haven't played in awhile so I don't know a whole lot about what improvements they've done but I do know they've been working on improving it.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#48  Edited By Griddler

It is just a massive waste of time.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By JoelTGM

Yeah it's pretty lame because you really have to go out of your way to use it... and then there's no point to it, especially when all you want to do was play a video game.  Weird chat room games like that belong on the PC, for bored kids with 5 year old computers.

p_p_o_d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By p_p_o_d

if HOME had trophies I would use it more.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.