Looking for co-op puzzles games

#1 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

Hey guys,

I recently finished off Portal 2 with my brother on co-op and the added co-op missions and we both really enjoyed it. I'm a lot older than him and he's fairly young, I'd preferably like him to not play so much CoD as he does (not that there's anything wrong with that) and I think Puzzle games are great for developing good problem solving skills. I was wondering if any duders have any suggestions of co-op puzzle/adventure/action games similar to Portal 2 on the PS3. I've heard Trine 2 is pretty good and I'm pretty keen on that. I'm looking at the newly released The Cave as well. How about any Pixel Junk games?

Cheers!

#2 Posted by Legend (2658 posts) -

Yeah, Trine 2 is great. I just finished playing it yesterday with a friend. It's a blast to play coop.

#3 Posted by RazielCuts (2943 posts) -
#4 Posted by audioBusting (1488 posts) -

PixelJunk Eden is pretty neat. Swinging around and bumping into each other is fun although it sucks when you get separated from each other.

#5 Posted by djou (872 posts) -

Trine 1+2 and the Pixeljunk games are good.

If you want something closer to a platformer with a few puzzles try Outland, Little Big Planet (1 and 2), Ratchet and Clank All for One (good for younger players.) Outland is a lot of fun but a bit more sophisticated (more along the lines of Trine) depending on how old your brother is.

However, Portal 2 is an amazing game, you'll be hard pressed to replicate that level of fun.

#6 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

@djou: Thanks for the Outland suggestion. That looked really cool - but from what I'm seeing, it's online co-op only unfortunately.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.