Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Media Server for PlayStation 3

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

Edited By zyn

After testing TVersity, I've found out that it is the best media server for streaming content to your PlayStation 3!

Thanks Zebadee!
    Earlier yesterday, I setup my server for streaming video, music and photos to my PlayStation 3 (and soon Xbox 360, when I get the chance).  I used Windows Media Player 11 for it. It worked yesterday morning, yesterday afternoon but for some unknown reason, it didn't work last night.  I didn't change nor do anything with the server or PlayStation 3 (except switch off the PlayStation 3).

So, I browsed the interwebz for solutions.  I've tried what others recommended, the "SimpleCenter".  I downloaded the free version, installed and tried to stream content but it only enabled me to stream music files and not videos.  AND THEY WERE ASKING MONEY FOR THAT!  O_o;

Anyways, I went back to WMP11 and after numerous threads about "solutions found" and "try these other software", I managed to find the solution.

Enjoy!
    zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By zyn

Earlier yesterday, I setup my server for streaming video, music and photos to my PlayStation 3 (and soon Xbox 360, when I get the chance).  I used Windows Media Player 11 for it. It worked yesterday morning, yesterday afternoon but for some unknown reason, it didn't work last night.  I didn't change nor do anything with the server or PlayStation 3 (except switch off the PlayStation 3).

So, I browsed the interwebz for solutions.  I've tried what others recommended, the "SimpleCenter".  I downloaded the free version, installed and tried to stream content but it only enabled me to stream music files and not videos.  AND THEY WERE ASKING MONEY FOR THAT!  O_o;

Anyways, I went back to WMP11 and after numerous threads about "solutions found" and "try these other software", I managed to find the solution.

Enjoy!
    Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zebadee

I never managed to get a WMP11 Media server working with my ps3, my network was set up correctly but WMP11 just didn't want to recognise it.

I now use TVersity which uses it's own implementaion of the SSDP protocol, works great and best of all it's free.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zyn

Nice, I'll give TVersity a try.  Even after reparing WMP11 as mentioned in my blog post, I'm having problems just switching the PlayStation 3 off then on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.