Mic recomendations

#1 Posted by StickyW3b (121 posts) -

Right now I use a crappy $10 Mad-Katz mic and its100% garbage. Its what I get for being cheap but the earpice is all staitcy and the mic itself only picks up half of what I say, I really have to shout to be heard and thats awkward when other people are home. So I want to know what bluetooth headsets are good? Im not really looking at a surround sound set I just want a bluetooth cordless mic.

Im looking at the official sony bluetooth mic right now and it seems ok but what do you guys recommend. I want something that will easily pick up my voice and sound good?

#2 Posted by N7 (3588 posts) -

The official PS3 headset is great. I've used it since it came out.

Great quality.

#3 Posted by Strife777 (1580 posts) -

Apparently, the official PS3 headsets are fantastic. Didn't get to test them myself though.

#4 Posted by Keeng (1001 posts) -

All three of the Sony mics are fantastic options. The original (the more square-shaped one) beeps like every eight seconds if you have the mute on so that could get annoying. The second one (the rounded version of the original) doesn't though. Both come with charging docks and if you power the mic on while it's charging in the dock, it works as a room mic so you don't even have to wear it.

But that newest one... Man, that one takes the cake home and devours it too. It's $100 but it's a set of wireless headphones in addition to being a mic. It has separate volume controls for voice chat sound and game sound. Its microphone can be tucked away inside the unit, plus it plugs in via USB so it can be used on other devices like a PC as a great pair of wireless headphones. That's easily the greatest game headset I've ever seen.

But yeah, they're all good.

#5 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1090 posts) -

PS2 headset.

#6 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

turtle beaches are good. my friend has one. they are on the expensive side though. 

you should look for some kind of mic that just has a basic use. it's what i have that i bought at radioshack when i got borderlands. it's a pretty good one.

#7 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

PS3 official headset (bluetooth) is fantastic. I use it for my phone and laptop too.

Turtle Beaches are okay, I use a pair for my 360 sometimes but only if I can't have my speakers on loud. The microphone quality is really good on them but the actual sound is kinda tinny, at least compared to my Sennheiser HD595s. (not a fair comparison I know)

#8 Posted by z0mbi3jesuz (3 posts) -

@iam3green said:

turtle beaches are good. my friend has one. they are on the expensive side though. you should look for some kind of mic that just has a basic use. it's what i have that i bought at radioshack when i got borderlands. it's a pretty good one.

I'm going to get the PX21 next week. There's a good deal on Wal-Mart.com. At the store in my town, they're $79.99. Online they're $58.96 I've read reviews that they break easily while others say they're durable, but for the most part they all agreed that the sound was awesome.

#9 Posted by Nettacki (1317 posts) -

For a straight-up mic, you could get the Logitech Desktop Microphone. It's $19.54 on Amazon and $30 in most stores.

#10 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

I've heard the new Sony wireless ones are really good and I'm really considering getting them eventually, only thing is that they're $100.

#11 Edited by Ocean_H (290 posts) -
#12 Posted by jasonefmonk (350 posts) -

Just throwing another vote in for the official Sony ones. Nice integration with battery status and such on the PS3. I have a Jawbone that I've been using for years, good noise cancellation.

#13 Edited by Questionable (619 posts) -

Yeah just bought myself one of these, As i live in the netherlands i opted for planetaxel.com as they only charge 2 euro shipping and DONT inflate the US price like every other EU retailer.

Also nabbed myself a pre-order on Dark Souls. Octobre, i'm ready for you!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.