Most memorable PS3 game moment.

• 66 results
#1 Posted by Matt_the_Sniper (33 posts) -

Your most memorable moment while playing a PS3 game, any game online or offline.

My best would have to be a double-headshot on COD4 online on Crossfire.

#2 Posted by Shervin (19 posts) -
My best moment would be visiting Eastern Europe in MGS4, for the first time. I was really impressed by how the city looked, and the motorcycle sequence was awesome.
#3 Posted by lantus (143 posts) -

Either Act 2 or Act 4 of Metal Gear Solid 4. I chose both because, Act 2 was really the pinnacle moment of gameplay for me in the game, and Act 4 because the nostalgia just got to me at such an opportune time that I wanted to cry.

#4 Posted by TurboMan (6945 posts) -

CoD4 - the nuclear explosion death scene

GTA 4 - choosing whether or not to kill dude

MGS 4 - Microwave

#5 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -

CoD4 the huge ass explosion

#6 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -

beating MGS4

#7 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Mine would have to be my amazing moments in Warhawk. Have had amazing moments int he game lol.

#8 Posted by Solid_SnakeXx (1771 posts) -

Mgs4 microwave scene...
My mom and my 5 year old brother were beside me screaming PRESS THE BOTTON PRESS THE BOTTON
i was all sweaty and almost crying

#9 Posted by AquiBlue92 (2 posts) -

All of Act 2 and 3 in MGS4, also, the stealth gameplay was pretty well done in Act 3. 

#10 Posted by hush404 (742 posts) -

Man, there were just SO many points in MGS4 that just sent shivers down my back and I'll never forget.

First time I decided to get off of a highway via smashing my bike into the side of the railing (which in the old games would mean, being flung ahead and down to the bottom - thus getting yourself off of the highway) and having Niko flip, smash, twirl, hit a sign and then fall to his death in GTA4 really made me rethink my way of playing GTA.

Lastly, there are parts of Heavenly Sword that just made my brain die. I just couldn't believe what i was seeing and couldn't enjoy it any more. Awesome game.

#11 Posted by DrPepper1990 (530 posts) -

Mine would be the end cutscenes of heavenly sword. HS, has the best looking cut scene animations ive scene in a game. The game is like a movie/game fusion, which is very cool.

#12 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
Solid_SnakeXx said:
"Mgs4 microwave scene...
My mom and my 5 year old brother were beside me screaming PRESS THE BOTTON PRESS THE BOTTON
i was all sweaty and almost crying"
That is probably my favorite moment from any game ever.  Or at least in my top 5.
#13 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -

Probably the microwave scene from MGS4.

#14 Posted by unworthyBOZO (201 posts) -

Act 4 in Metal Gear Solid 4

#15 Posted by pause422 (6153 posts) -
nerdboy said:
"Solid_SnakeXx said:
"Mgs4 microwave scene...
That is probably my favorite moment from any game ever.  Or at least in my top 5."
That was an amazing scene, definitely up there for me....I really don't know what other moment I've had thats been that great, I guess the time I picked up the LAARK in Resistance, and with the first shot took out 3 guys crowded together , and the second took out an unsuspecting dude with a sniper at long range, I could tell he was trying to line up his shot..but he didn't see the rocket above him being redirected into his face :P
#16 Posted by thelastguy (356 posts) -

Pretty much anything from MGS4

#17 Posted by hush404 (742 posts) -

Ha, I like how many people are just floored by so many things in MGS4.

#18 Posted by randiolo (1088 posts) -

MGS4.. - microwave sequence,

#19 Posted by Buzzer_Beater (200 posts) -

One of mine would be when you finally see those creatures in Uncharted. I was like wtf???

#20 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Buzzer_Beater said:
"One of mine would be when you finally see those creatures in Uncharted. I was like wtf???"
Lol, totally. I was like "WHAAA!?" And they were quite creepy too.
#21 Posted by hush404 (742 posts) -
Buzzer_Beater said:
"One of mine would be when you finally see those creatures in Uncharted. I was like wtf???"
Uncharted really took a turn there eh?
#22 Posted by imayellowfellow (558 posts) -

^^^^ i thot u just fought pirates!??!?!

omg i want to get this game now just to find out the twist

#23 Posted by melanie (110 posts) -

I...don't think I have one! MGS4 was so awesome and I can't wait to beat it for my third time this week. OH! I remember, when I fucked someone over into a wall in MotorStorm. Oh that was funny, that guy was pissed, he was yelling at me through the headset. Lol, my rally car sure hurt him! =D I can't wait for number 2!

#24 Posted by TurboMan (6945 posts) -

yeah, that docking station bit at the end of Uncharted turned into some survival horror game with really old guns that was a pain in the ass to reload...

#25 Posted by Irishjohn (581 posts) -

Returning to Shadow Moses in MGS4.  Otherwise, the first thirty minutes of Burnout Paradise after I 'got' it.

#26 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
pause422 said:
"nerdboy said:
"Solid_SnakeXx said:
"Mgs4 microwave scene...
That is probably my favorite moment from any game ever.  Or at least in my top 5."
That was an amazing scene, definitely up there for me....I really don't know what other moment I've had thats been that great, I guess the time I picked up the LAARK in Resistance, and with the first shot took out 3 guys crowded together , and the second took out an unsuspecting dude with a sniper at long range, I could tell he was trying to line up his shot..but he didn't see the rocket above him being redirected into his face :P"
Yeah, things like that happen a lot to me and can often determine just how much I like the game.  Like with Grid.  Originally I thought it was pretty cool but then there was this race and I was in 2nd going down a hill, got rammed by another car and was sent flying into the wall.  Instead of spinning out or just getting totaled I was sent flying into the air and barrel rolled a few times only to land perfectly and continue racing in 3rd place. (Something I would love to recreate.)  And then later on I was neck and neck with another guy for 1st as we crossed into the final lap.  As that happened I was told that my car was so damaged that it may not last.  Immediately the tension was raised ten fold.  So really a lot of times my most memorable moment from games can be completely unintentional on the devs part.
#27 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4866 posts) -

The last cutscene in GTA IV, was amazingly realistic and overwhelming.

#28 Posted by dum41 (26 posts) -

Probably when I watched a bunch of Blu-rays and was amazed by the video quality.

#29 Posted by normajean777 (450 posts) -

mgs4=the whole game
warhawk- insane moments and chaos

#30 Posted by LiquidPrince (15610 posts) -

Getting a 10 kill streak in COD4 while I was downstairs... (my TV is upstairs)

#31 Posted by gersan93 (136 posts) -

Hands down the microwave scene in MGS4.

#32 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

online cod4 went 40 and 3 and 7 assists at i believe the map is called crash

#33 Posted by Lotan (215 posts) -

The first time I came to the submarine scene in Uncharted.  Specifically after climbing the wall and looking out through the waterfall on the setting sun.  That was the day next-gen "arrived" for me.

#34 Posted by Ironhide (146 posts) -

When I pressed the Playstation button and was rewarded with an in-game XMB. Good Times.

#35 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Hahaha. Imagine people who were clueless about the update, and were playing a game one day and pressed the PS button to quit... man oh man they must have been surprised. XD

#36 Posted by Ironhide (146 posts) -

I was excited about the update. Oh and second greatest moment = Not having to quit out of Resistance to connect my Bluetooth Headset.

#37 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Oh another existing moment was going to the PS Store for the regular update only to find the Home beta waiting for me...

I kid... since I knew it was coming.

#38 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

First moments in Liberty City.

Revisiting Shadow Moses Island.

#39 Posted by chronicsmoke (995 posts) -

MGS4-the whole fuckin game,Im about to play through it again for the fourth time

#40 Posted by scass319 (24 posts) -
#41 Posted by solidusnake1234 (7 posts) -

I'd say the most memorable PS3 game moment would have to be transitioning between cut-scenes within MGS4. Every single time the camera would pan around behind snake, I had about a 40 second delay between my brain sending the signal and my hands actually picking up the controller.

#42 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
Ironhide said:
"When I pressed the Playstation button and was rewarded with an in-game XMB. Good Times."
Yeah I remember that....2.4 Firmware of the forever.
#43 Posted by Lingxor (419 posts) -

Rex VS Ray

#44 Posted by Vyse_Legends (417 posts) -

The last boss fight of MGS 4.

#45 Posted by chililili (1328 posts) -
nerdboy said:
"Solid_SnakeXx said:
"Mgs4 microwave scene...
Me too that as just sucha  damn good scene.
#46 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Revisiting Shadow Moses in Metal Gear Solid 4 and the ending of Call of Duty 4.

#47 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

OMG I haven't played MGS4 (fully) but this microwave scene seems interesting, I almost feel like searching it on youtube, but I don't want to spoil it! XD

#48 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -
DrPepper1990 said:
"Mine would be the end cutscenes of heavenly sword. HS, has the best looking cut scene animations ive scene in a game. The game is like a movie/game fusion, which is very cool."
Same here.

The director for the motion capture and actor for the main bad guy was the dude that did Gollum in the Lord of the Rings.
#49 Posted by Snipes424 (120 posts) -

The triangle smashing part towards the end of MGS4, probably the most epic moment of all video games

#50 Posted by Ironhide (146 posts) -
Relys said:
"DrPepper1990 said:
"Mine would be the end cutscenes of heavenly sword. HS, has the best looking cut scene animations ive scene in a game. The game is like a movie/game fusion, which is very cool."
Same here.

The director for the motion capture and actor for the main bad guy was the dude that did Gollum in the Lord of the Rings."

I'm pretty sure that his name is Andy Serkis. But don't press the quote button on me for that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.