Must have PS3 exclusives

#1 Posted by BleedingStarX (279 posts) -

Right so I have been looking to pick up a PS3 today, I've had one before but never really gave it much time. I loved Killzone 3, UC1 and UC2 but that was about it. I've played MAG and really enjoyed it so I would definitely pick that one up with it as well as getting DC Universe off the store for free. The question is what are some other must have PS3 exclusives? I can get a PS3 for around £130 but can't justify that on 3 or 4 games.

I'll pretty much give anything a go, what are some worthwhile PS3 exclusives, preferably RPG or action games.

#2 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Demon's Souls

#3 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

MGS4

Katamari Forever

LittleBigPlanet 2

God of War 3

inFamous

3D Dot Game Heroes

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

#4 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1735 posts) -

Despite having a rock stupid story, Valkiria Chronicles was a very unique Strategy-JRPG that I would recommend just for the gameplay, which is not something you can generally say about the genre.

#5 Posted by mwng (921 posts) -
#6 Posted by BleedingStarX (279 posts) -

@mwng said:

Valkyria Chronicles, without a doubt.

Heard a lot of good things about this game but its an absolute pain to find here

#7 Posted by mosespippy (4043 posts) -

As others have already mentioned, Valkyria Chronicles is the PS3 exclusive game that is most worth your time. Motorstorm Pacific Rift is fantastic. I played it last week and even saw that some europeans still play the multiplayer. Morotstorm Apocalypse is not an improvement so don't get that. Heavy Rain is worth playing but maybe you could just rent it. It's not really the sort of game that you play after you finish it unless you are farming for trophies.

#8 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

all of them

#9 Posted by DeF (4808 posts) -

Grab the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD thing and take a look at Heavy Rain (you should know if that's your thing or not).

Also, Resistance 3 (ignore 1 and 2) is something you should definitely play and personally I'm an advocate of Heavenly Sword.

I don't have a very good overview on what's exclusive to the PSN though, somebody else would have to take care of that.

#10 Posted by ABritishNerd (318 posts) -

Heavy Rain & Infamous 1 & 2 get my vote.

#11 Posted by EightBitShik (1333 posts) -

Valkyria Chronicles, without a doubt.

@mwng said:

Check Ebay or whatever the foreign version of it is because this game is great. I like the second one too on PSP and I am furious the third is not on console and is not coming out in America ;(

#12 Posted by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

Heavy Rain

Uncharted 3

Gran Turismo 5 (wait for the complete edition to be released)

inFamous and inFamous 2

Metal Gear Solid 4

Resistance 3

Little Big Planet 2

God of War Collection

God of War 3

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD

Tales from Space: About a Blob

Flow

Flower

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.