My PS3 Memories

Posted by Colorwind (235 posts) -

The PS3’s moment in the sun is finally coming to an end, as it’ll no longer be the newest console on the market. While there are still games coming to the PS3, no more is it the focus of video game sites or even its parent company Sony. Therefore, it’s time to share some of my memories of the console. This is interesting because I’ve had three PS3 over the course of its lifetime, none for very long.

The first PS3 I got was around six months after the system’s launch. Yes, I paid $600 and no, there was nothing to play except for Resistance: Fall of Man and Virtua Fighter 5. What’s worse is because of college, I had to sell my PS3 soon after that because I needed money for books, tuition, food, that kind of thing. However, I got a summer job and saved and got another PS3 that fall. I was then able to get Heavenly Sword and Assassin’s Creed. Now Assassin’s Creed is a bad memory because on the PS3, the frame rate takes a dump halfway through the game. This pissed me off because at that time, Assassin’s Creed was planned to be a PS3 exclusive before Ubisoft changed their minds last minute and ported it to the 360. However, since the PS3 was the lead platform, I thought it would be the better version. NOPE!

After that, the 2008 housing crash happened and in an effort to save our house, I sold my PS3, as well as my 360 and Wii and all the games. I then went five years without a PS3, up until this year. In April, I finally bought another PS3 and bought ALL of the games. I still have many games I haven’t played yet that I bought with the console. This is when I started getting trophies too as there was no such thing back in early 2008.

As well as video games, I have fond memories of streaming media to my PS3. This was essentially my first time doing something like that and it was so cool to stream a video from my computer to my console and onto the big TV screen. In terms of video games, since I was mostly a 360 gamer this generation, my gaming memories tend to come from there. However, playing the games made by thatgamecompany, which was earlier this year one after the other, is something that pops to mind. Flower and Journey in particular were mind blowing experiences and Journey stands as the only video game to make me cry. I played them all through one sitting, which is how those games are meant to be played and that feeling of needing time to fully comprehend what you just experience is something that I rarely get from a video game.

So what are your memories of the PS3?

#1 Posted by Marcsman (3183 posts) -

First online gaming experience for me

Burnout:Paradise mugshots

Drunken Rock and session

The best Sony exclusives. inFamous, MGS IV, Diablo III and so on

Motorstorm death races

So many good memories.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.