Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Newly-priced Warhawk or PixelJunk Eden?

changgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By changgo

In about a week I will be leaving for month (for work/vacation) and will not have access to my PS3 during that time.  I'd like to eventually get both Warhawk and PJ Eden, however, I'm wondering if the learning curve to Warhawk makes it pointless to play it for a few days and then leave it for a month or so.  Would it be better to just leave it until I return and grab PJ Eden for the time being? 

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Dude, Warhawk for sure. Although PJE is amazing and all, WH is the hands down purchase, one of the most amazing MP games this gen really. The learning curve takes a little while, and at the start the on-foot stuff may seem really gay and something you will never like, but over time it gets really intense and amazing. Warhawk on the other hand, are a totally other story. I am a pro in them (not bragging!) and even I took a while to get started even. First while is a lot of dying after dying, but once you get it, and start becoming good, my god its amazing.

Its one of those games that escelates its review score over time, at first it was like an 8 for me, but over time, it became a clear 10. It just feels so good and satisfying, and there are times where it can get so intense you sweat, which I never do when playing games.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By OmegaPirate

Warhawk is incredible fun man -
    One of the few games from the first few months i go t my ps3 that i still play

Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Nets

I'm getting Warhawk on Saturday because of the price drop, and a question about the wireless headset (to anyone that has it). Is the VOIP of good quality? And is it a cheap plastic headset?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a pretty good heaset, voice chat in the game is pretty meh, its average nothing amazing, def. depends on the headdset people have. But the price drop to 30 bucks doesn't include a headset, the price drop is to 50 bucks if you want the headset.

So either way 10 dollars off. I wouldn't recommend getting that headset anyways.

Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nets

Damn. Is it better to get a seperate bluetooth headset/wired one? Cause the headset was a huge reason why I would get Warhawk.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bluetooth of course. IMO anyways. Or wired if you you dont like charging it or are lazy. :)

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By get2sammyb

I find Warhawk really, really, really tough. It's so effing hard. You just never get a chance to work anything out because you find yourself dead in seconds. It always feels unfair to, I'm sure that's an accolade to the other players being so good but you'll just sit there wondering how he killed you when you can't kill him.

PixelJunk Eden has a learning curve of a couple of hours but is absolutely brilliant fun. I guess if you're happy to stick with it though, Warhawk will last the longer of the two games.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By brukaoru
    Nets said:
    "Damn. Is it better to get a seperate bluetooth headset/wired one? Cause the headset was a huge reason why I would get Warhawk."
    Are you speaking of the Jabra headset included in the retail version? I purchased it and I found the headset to be awful. When I started using it, I found it it to be low. In a few days after using it,  I could hardly hear anything. I currently use a PS2 Logitech USB wired headset and it works great. I would just recommend getting the DLC unless you like having a physical copy of the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

get2sammyb said:
    "I find Warhawk really, really, really tough. It's so effing hard. You just never get a chance to work anything out because you find yourself dead in seconds. It always feels unfair to, I'm sure that's an accolade to the other players being so good but you'll just sit there wondering how he killed you when you can't kill him.

PixelJunk Eden has a learning curve of a couple of hours but is absolutely brilliant fun. I guess if you're happy to stick with it though, Warhawk will last the longer of the two games.
    "

Yeah lol thats exactly how I was when I first started playing. I was like, this is so unbalanced and cheap. But after just weeks, I found it to be one of the most balanced games this generation, honestly. And its so much fun, but you have to work hard and not give up to get skilled at it; something I like. Separates the noobs from the hardcore.
    Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nets

Thanks Sentry and brukaoru, I guess I'll get either a Bluetooth, or PS2 headset if I'm feeling cheap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No problem bro, I would get a wired just to save time, and it's easier. There are really cheap wired ones out there btw.

Wuffi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wuffi

i got warhawk but traded it in cause i was terrible at it and didnt put any effort to get good, Is PJE out already?

Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Albanian_Killa

I don't think Warhawk comes with a headset anymore. If you want a good headset, buy SOCOM. It's going to be an amazing game too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Albanian_Killa said:
    "I don't think Warhawk comes with a headset anymore. If you want a good headset, buy SOCOM. It's going to be an amazing game too.
    "

It does, they just added another disc version that comes without it.
    DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By DrPepper1990

Get Warhawk, a very fun and addictive online shooter. I want to kill my self for selling this game a while back.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I know a lot of people who hate the game though because they suck at it and never learned to play. :(

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By DoctorTran
    Nets said:
    "Damn. Is it better to get a seperate bluetooth headset/wired one? Cause the headset was a huge reason why I would get Warhawk."
    Just wait for the new SOCOM to come out. It has the official Sony Headset.
    somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By somesthetic

I have Warhawk and I suggest Eden.

Socom Confrontation does look more like what I wanted Warhawk to be.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

somesthetic said:
    "I have Warhawk and I suggest Eden.

Socom Confrontation does look more like what I wanted Warhawk to be.
    "

Ummm, they are SO different its incomparable, really.
    somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By somesthetic

yeah, two online only military third person shooters.

I see no similarities there.

come on now, guy.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Homer

I would say Warhawk, you get the controls down after about a day.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23  Edited By OGCartman

Warhawk is awesome, cheap price FTW

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.