Official PS3 Games Recommendation Thread.

• 60 results
#-49 Posted by Hizang (9359 posts) -

I feel like this should be updated, there is no Skyrim on this list!

#-48 Posted by OMGITSJASON (17 posts) -

I'm playing Resistance 3 again. It probably had the best fps single player campaign of all of last year.

#-47 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (688 posts) -

i dont know if anybody said this, but how about jak and daxter the collection

#-46 Posted by MrSlapHappy (209 posts) -

Any chance this can be updated for current releases?

#-45 Posted by Hizang (9359 posts) -

@Abyssfull: Any chance of an updated version?

#-44 Edited by Yummylee (23263 posts) -

@Hizang: lol no. Nobody used it (dozens of threads of people asking what ps3 games they should buy thereafter), plus everytime I look at that ''official'' in the title, my face cringes into itself and I drown in my own tears. Ughh, what was I thinking!?

#-43 Posted by Hizang (9359 posts) -

@Abyssfull: Well your stuck to the top of the page forever now, FOREVER!

#-42 Edited by UitDeToekomst (783 posts) -

Long story short, i lucked into getting my first PS3 today (a brand new superslim version, along with 5 games) for a price that made it impossible to refuse. I have been a 360 guy for a long time, so any multi-platform game that is out I will still be getting on that system and am looking only to get PS3 exclusive titles. The games I have so far are: Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, Infamous, Infamous 2, Little Big Planet 2 and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (the last 2 being free via PlayStation Plus).

This mini-guide has been helpful in some preliminary objective decision-making, but doesn't appear to be getting updated anymore. I don't want to start what I am sure would be the 100th new thread asking this question, so I thought I would try to revive this thread.

What I am now looking for are I guess what one would call more subjective recommendations. On my radar so far are games like the God of War series and Heavy Rain. I am largely an RPG guy - but not JRPGs - and I also tend to enjoy most action-adventure open world type games (AC, GTA, Sleeping Dogs, etc.). I mostly avoid FPS games as well as platformers and puzzle games.

So, what are essential PS3 exclusives that I should add to my Amazon wish list? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#-41 Posted by Kidavenger (3883 posts) -

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/kidavenger/ps3-exclusives-worth-buying/46-73423/

1. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Best game in a very good series, get them all.

2. Heavy Rain

One on the most immersive stories available.

3. inFamous

Great combat

4. LittleBigPlanet 2

A unique platformer

5. Gran Turismo 5

This game is significantly better now than it was at release, don't let reviews stop you from getting this game.

6. God of War III

Sets the bar for action set pieces

7. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
8. Journey
9. The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection
10. Heavenly Sword
11. Valkyria Chronicles
12. Katamari Forever

Most recent Katamari!

13. Super Stardust HD

Zone out game

14. WipEout HD

Weird combo of racer and memory game, I liked it.

15. Tokyo Jungle
16. PlayStation Plus

Best value in gaming

#-40 Posted by Opus (158 posts) -

@UitDeToekomst: Assuming people haven't ruined Heavy Rain for you through overused memes, absolutely. It's a fantastic game if you're going in blind. A good modern comparison would be putting it aside Telltale's "The Walking Dead", serious shit will happen and all you can do is struggle to keep it from falling apart.

Also there's the recent release of Playstation All Stars Battle Royale, haters are hating hard on that one, but at the end of the day it's just a damn fun game to play, especially if you have someone with you locally so the two of you can hop online and tell each other how great you two work together with each kill.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.