Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Old Memories from the Past... some may be Forgotten, Forever

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

Edited By Luke

Whelp, I'm now "done" with copying my PS2 Saves over to my PS3's Hard Drive.

I say "done" because out of my 7 Memory Cards, only 6 of them would be recognized by my PS3.  The one that will not, is not a Sony Branded Card :(

I guess I'll have to unbox my PS2 again, see if it recognizes the bad card, copy-over the Save Data to a Sony Branded one, and then go back to the PS3.  This is if that Memory Card even works anymore?!

I'm not even sure what's on that 1 bad Memory Card.  It looks to me like I got everything important, but you never know :p

Moral of the story... be careful when buying 3rd party crap.

No Caption Provided
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Luke

Whelp, I'm now "done" with copying my PS2 Saves over to my PS3's Hard Drive.

I say "done" because out of my 7 Memory Cards, only 6 of them would be recognized by my PS3.  The one that will not, is not a Sony Branded Card :(

I guess I'll have to unbox my PS2 again, see if it recognizes the bad card, copy-over the Save Data to a Sony Branded one, and then go back to the PS3.  This is if that Memory Card even works anymore?!

I'm not even sure what's on that 1 bad Memory Card.  It looks to me like I got everything important, but you never know :p

Moral of the story... be careful when buying 3rd party crap.

No Caption Provided
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RHCPfan24

...I don't even have a BC PS3 *grumblegrumblegrumble*

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Luke

Yeah, kinda dumb that Sony did that... o-well, maybe they'll put a Patch-out one day to give all PS3's BC.  That would be the #1 awesome move of the century :)

Anyway, I edited and posted a pic to go along wif my Blog :p

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60
    Luke said:
    "Yeah, kinda dumb that Sony did that... o-well, maybe they'll put a Patch-out one day to give all PS3's BC.  That would be the #1 awesome move of the century :)Anyway, I edited and posted a pic to go along wif my Blog :p"
    Won't happen
    BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By BigBoss1911

Just play the ps2 for ps2 games.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Luke

There are a few advantages to having my PS2 Saves on my PS3.

1. Upscaling/Widescreen, especially since I don't have the Component Cables for my PS2 but have HDMI for my PS3.  Even stretching some 4:3 games to 16:9 is nice, in some cases.
    2. Wireless Controller.
    3. Having all saves on the PS3 Hard Drive with near unlimited space and no need to buy more Memory Cards, with better organization and sorting options.
    4. Having peace of mind that my data is safer, with the ability to backup the PS3 Hard Drive to an external drive, which I do every few weeks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.