Playstation Store driving me insane!

#1 Posted by MachoFantastico (4488 posts) -

So I wanted to pick up Noby Noby Boy through a recommendation of a friend, I go to purchase it and realise that the store as to add £5 to my account as usual but for some odd reason it won't let me. Well I check my details and everything is perfect, I then try to see if I can add funds through my profile page rather then the store and see get the same error of 80023102.

Well doing some research I find that this issue is caused by... well there doesn't seem to be a direct cause but apparently it goes away in 24 hours or so. Well I wait and check 24 hours later to find it still won't add any funds, I wait till the next day (today) and still it won't add? This is insane, I only bought Flower a week or so again with no issue so does anyone have any idea what could be the issue, I have checked again and again but everything seems fine. Is this possibly just a Sony problem or is there a bigger issue here.

Anyone else been in this situation?
Thanks!

#2 Posted by Kilzombie (407 posts) -

I haven't been in this situation, as it doesnt accept any of my cards, that's why I always use PSN cards, much easier imo. =)

#3 Posted by MachoFantastico (4488 posts) -
Kilzombie said:
"I haven't been in this situation, as it doesnt accept any of my cards, that's why I always use PSN cards, much easier imo. =)
"
Would be fine but I don't even believe the PSN Cards are going to hit European anytime soon.

Hope I'm wrong though.
#4 Posted by Snail (8579 posts) -

I never ran into a situation like that on the Playstation Store.. There were other bugs when game pages wouldn't load, but that only happened twice.

#5 Edited by MachoFantastico (4488 posts) -

This is insane, the Playstation Store simply won't let me add any funds and I'm eager to try Noby Noby Boy. I have checked and checked again, I have tried doing it through the web version but still it denies me and I have now contacted my bank and they record no issues so what the living hell is going on?

Screw it! not in a good mood and losing patience. 

#6 Posted by chililili (1328 posts) -

Contact Sony Help, but I dunno

#7 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

Though only thing I can tell you is to contact Sony, sorry to hear this, things like this really suck.

#8 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

maybe try clearing your card info and put it back in maybe that will work. i have not heard of this problem before tho.....

#9 Edited by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

It happened to me when I was gonna buy Flower for no apparent reason, though my theory is that I did the wrong log in twice. I had to wait 48 hours for it to work again. Don't bother calling Sony, you'll just have to wait.
I even tried with both my Visa and my Mastercard without luck, but I think it bans your system.

I apologize, a true English gent should not have to endure such tardiness. I suggest sitting down with a spot of tea and relaxing to some Wagner.
Bully to Sony for this heinous practice! Bully, I say!

#10 Posted by Pink_o_mat (203 posts) -

It's £5 in the UK? I thought 1£ is more than 1€ or 1$...
Sony hates the English!

#11 Posted by Gaius (129 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"maybe try clearing your card info and put it back in maybe that will work. i have not heard of this problem before tho....."
Yeah, for now try clearing all your info and re-entering it.  I have had this problem before and that fixed it.  But it didn't last as long as yours, mine was at most one day.
#12 Edited by MachoFantastico (4488 posts) -

Hey folks, didn't realise people were still replying to this. 

Anyway, I did get it to work. Took two days before it would allow me to purchase Noby Noby Boy though. No idea why, stupid PSN Store. 

Thanks for the help though.

PS, If anyone else is having this problem just wait 24 to 48 hours. That's what I was told to do and eventually it worked. It is a pretty common problem from my web searching. 
#13 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
TrueEnglishGent said:
"Hey folks, didn't realise people were still replying to this. 

Anyway, I did get it to work. Took two days before it would allow me to purchase Noby Noby Boy though. No idea why, stupid PSN Store. 

Thanks for the help though.

PS, If anyone else is having this problem just wait 24 to 48 hours. That's what I was told to do and eventually it worked. It is a pretty common problem from my web searching. 
"
I too have had the same problem. It's ridiculous. :(
#14 Posted by Xan_Diesel (2 posts) -

Four years later and it looks like this is still a problem. I've easily cleared $1,000 through PSN with no problems (changed addresses a few times over the past 6 + years I've been using the PS3). Randomly today I was on my lunch break at work and decided to try their online store to purchase the recently released Dawnguard TES expansion. It wouldn't let me add funds or purchase it directly. I figured it was a hiccup with their online store (since I checked my account information and everything was right).

I booted up the PS3 when I got home and, sure enough, it's the same experience. I went back and re-entered my credentials (made sure the address was right, deleted the card and added it back) and checked my bank account information to make sure there was money and no problems and everything looked okay. Sort of strange. It also bothers me that there are countless threads about this dating back years and there's never a clear answer as to what causes the problem or how to fix it.

Interestingly, there were quite a few people who reported the issue using a credit card (Mastercard, Visa and the like) as well as a prepaid PSN card. Very weird. My transaction history shows funds being added to the wallet yesterday and a bunch of "missed charges" today (presumably from me trying several times after getting the error). I want my Vampire/Werewolf skill trees!

#15 Posted by Xan_Diesel (2 posts) -

In case somebody out there in the void stumbles upon this topic like I did: after ~ 24 hours my account went back to normal. I tried to add funds to my wallet the next night (last night) and everything worked like a charm. Didn't update anything, didn't do anything differently ... it just - worked! So, I guess my advice is to accept the fact that PSN will do this to random people (seemingly at random intervals on top of being randomly selected for the randomness) and there isn't anything you can do to fix it (as long as it isn't something like your expiration date being wrong) but wait. Good luck!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.