I haven't used my PS3 in while, but now when I try to launch a game, the screen gets filled with static. The game is still visible under the white noise, but it's virtually unplayable. I've spent two hours trouble shooting, and I'm completely out of ideas. Here's what I know so far:
- This only happens with games. The PS3 dashboard works fine, as do other apps (e.g. Netflix, PSN Store)
- This happens both with disc games and with downloaded games, so it's not an issue with the Blu-ray laser or a scratched disc.
- This issue does not occur on other consoles hooked up to the same A/V receiver.
- I tested with multiple HDMI cables, to no avail.
- This PS3 has worked perfectly fine before using the exact A/V setup.
Does anyone have any other ideas for things I can try? I tested every variable I can possibly think of, and I'm at wit's end. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, duders.