Please suggest some IMPORT games for PS3

#1 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

I saw the sticky thread's first post and there's no mention of import games so I'll ask here.

What import games would you guys suggest for this region-free beauty? Stuff that we can't get in the USA and has a reasonable amount of English language. For fighting games, English isn't that necessary but for plot heavy games like RPG's/Strategy English is necessary for me.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@LunarAura said:

reasonable amount of English language.

That just broke the giant list of Japanese games I was about to post D:

#3 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

it's cool post it anyway please. I'll look at screenshots and gauge whether I'll need a gamefaqs translation guide or whatever.@Cloudenvy:

#4 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

THE iDOLM@STER 2, THE iDOLM@STER 2, THE iDOLM@STER 2, THE iDOLM@STER 2 when that gets released for PS3 in October ; )

Uuuh, Tales of Xillia when that gets released...It's hard to recommend stuff when i don't know your taste, haha.

#5 Posted by Matoya (416 posts) -

Why

#6 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

THE iDOLM@STER 2, THE iDOLM@STER 2, THE iDOLM@STER 2, THE iDOLM@STER 2 when that gets released for PS3 in October ; )

Uuuh, Tales of Xillia when that gets released...It's hard to recommend stuff when i don't know your taste, haha.

Cool. I try about anything that doesn't involve an isometric "2.5D" viewpoint like Starcraft and such strategy games.

@Matoya: Why not?

#7 Edited by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

I heard the Saint Seiya PS3 game will only be released for EU next year, but yeah, "Anime is for Jerks!", I know...
 
EDIT: HOLY SH*T JUST SAW YOUR AVATAR, DON'T MIND MY LATTER COMMENTS THEN

#8 Posted by Matoya (416 posts) -

@LunarAura said:

@Cloudenvy said:

THE iDOLM@STER 2, THE iDOLM@STER 2, THE iDOLM@STER 2, THE iDOLM@STER 2 when that gets released for PS3 in October ; )

Uuuh, Tales of Xillia when that gets released...It's hard to recommend stuff when i don't know your taste, haha.

Cool. I try about anything that doesn't involve an isometric "2.5D" viewpoint like Starcraft and such strategy games.

@Matoya: Why not?

It just seems like you're trying to play them becaause "Hey Japan".

#9 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -
#10 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

@Matoya said:

@LunarAura said:

@Cloudenvy said:

THE iDOLM@STER 2, THE iDOLM@STER 2, THE iDOLM@STER 2, THE iDOLM@STER 2 when that gets released for PS3 in October ; )

Uuuh, Tales of Xillia when that gets released...It's hard to recommend stuff when i don't know your taste, haha.

Cool. I try about anything that doesn't involve an isometric "2.5D" viewpoint like Starcraft and such strategy games.

@Matoya: Why not?

It just seems like you're trying to play them becaause "Hey Japan".

Hey assumptions.

#11 Posted by Matoya (416 posts) -

@LunarAura said:

@Matoya said:

@LunarAura said:

@Cloudenvy said:

THE iDOLM@STER 2, THE iDOLM@STER 2, THE iDOLM@STER 2, THE iDOLM@STER 2 when that gets released for PS3 in October ; )

Uuuh, Tales of Xillia when that gets released...It's hard to recommend stuff when i don't know your taste, haha.

Cool. I try about anything that doesn't involve an isometric "2.5D" viewpoint like Starcraft and such strategy games.

@Matoya: Why not?

It just seems like you're trying to play them becaause "Hey Japan".

Hey assumptions.

Seems like. But your reaction was good

#12 Posted by MideonNViscera (2252 posts) -

Mass Effect 1.

#13 Edited by Questionable (619 posts) -

I could only think of wizardry at first wich was translated for the NA store i believe. beyond that anything released from atlus/nippon ichi/KOEI is targeted at the asian market.Check out the atelier series for example.

If you want actual japenese games but dont speak a word of it i have to make some effort to get past my impulse to facepalm and will just point you to http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/

Clannad, Saya no uta, Umineko and Kana little sister i heartily recommend

Clannad, Fate stay and Chaos:head were also turned into anime if you prever that media tough that accesability comes at the price of a fleshed out story

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.