Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Problems playing Uncharted?

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By GunGunW

My PS3 has a problem playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune as well as Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. However, I don't have a problem with any other games. I've looked at multiple sources online, and have tried everything they have recommended. It seems Uncharted in particular has a lot of problems. I've wiped my hard drive clean and reset it factory standards, I've cleaned both discs multiple times,. Neither one of the discs have any scratches what so ever. What happens is neither one of them usually get past the first loading screen. When they do, they usually freeze up a few minutes later. Does anyone have any ideas? My PS3 is one of the older "fatter" models, and is about four years old. If it's something I have to send into Sony to get fixed, does anyone have an estimate how much it may cost? Or if you have any other ideas, I would be very happy to hear them. Thanks!

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Lava

I have no idea what your problem could be, the Uncharted games always ran fine on my fat PS3. It died once and I sent it to gophermods.com and they fixed it up really well and charged a lot less than Sony. I have since gotten a PS3 Slim so I don't really know how their service is these days but about two years ago it was really good.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By devilzrule27

I had this issue with Uncharted 3 about a month ago. I just deleted the game data and patches, turned the system off then back on, downloaded the patches again, and then the game worked fine.

I don't think it's a system problem but anyway Sony charges $150 to repair a console.

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By deadmanforking

I have the exact same problem with Uncharted 2 and 3, as well as LA Noire. Still have not been able to fix the issue, contacted Sony about it, but I'm not paying for the repair, so just gave up trying. All 3 of the disks are in perfect condition, and only ever been played once, LA Noire I didn't even finish.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TheFreeMan

I had this problem with Uncharted 2 for a while. I looked up some advice online, and it recommended deleting the game/patch off of the hard drive, but not your actual save files. I did that, re-downloaded the patch, and it could finally get past the first loading screen (the spinning dagger) and then it played fine.

This was a while ago. Haven't had a problem since, but it was scary. The disk was in perfect condition and Uncharted 2 is just about my favourite game so not being able to play it was a real bummer. Hope you can work it out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.