Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Problems with PS3 slim hard drive

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rainbowkisses

Lately my PS3 has been having a lot of problems. Most of the time, when it would start up, it would say it would need to restore corrected files. Then yesterday it kept freezing when I attempted to access the PSN store. Now after finishing the scans for corrupted files the screen went black. I tried rebuilding the Database from Safe Mode but it has been stuck on the preparing screen for over an hour now.

Should I replace my hard drive? Should I contact technical support? Should I get a new PS3 altogether? Should I find a rabbi?

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rebuilding takes a while but if that doesn't get you anywhere in stability, get Sony Technical on it if your warranty is still active and/or if you don't want to lose your files/saves on there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.