Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PS Plus 25% off in Europe...Dammit Sony you finally got me

Bob_Loblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bob_Loblaw

So during their Gamescom conference Sony announced they'll be offering PS plus subscriptions for 25% off in Europe for 2 weeks from September 4th. This is the tipping point for me, I never thought I'd pay a subscription gaming service but for what amounts to £30 ($47) less than the price of a new game and considering the amount of free games they've been putting up lately this seems like stupidly good value.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By zaccheus

My problem is that I have already played all the games, but if you haven't it's pretty damn good value for your money.

Bob_Loblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bob_Loblaw

Yeah I have actually played most of the big ticket games they've put up recently but taking a gamble that in the course of a year they'll be a few that I haven't. Even just the free mini's and early beta access/cloud saving stuff is attractive at that price.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By GS_Dan

I now have the unexpected problem that if I did sign up, I'd still have missed out on all the great games that have already been featured :|

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RE_Player1

It's so worth it in my opinion. For every game you already owned there are tons more you would have never checked out. I played Just Cause 2 thanks to PS Plus and it is now one of my favorite games this generation. Also people highlight the free games but I think the discounts are great as well. You can always expect a Sony published PSN title to have at least a couple $$ shaved off at launch.

Bob_Loblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bob_Loblaw

I think there's also some real thought and good curating deciding what they offer. Just cause 2 and the 2 walking dead episodes are a prime example of really quality games that deserve the widest attention possible.

Superanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Superanos

Last year they gave 15 months for the price of 12 and I got it then. They seem to always be doing a deal at this time of the year.

Blessthismess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blessthismess

Walking Dead Ep 1 and 2 were a breath of fresh air. Smart idea to include them with Plus since now I will probably buy 3,4, and 5.

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
    deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i 2 have played all the games already. but for others its a good offer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.