PS plus, do i have to dl and install the games to keep them?

#1 Posted by OldManLight (914 posts) -

Is there away to just acknowledge that i want that game tied to my PS+ account so i don't lose them when the rotate out games without having to download and install all these huge games? I only have a 120gb hard drive.

#2 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

add to cart and confirm "purchase". Game will be in your download list for whenever you want to download it.

#3 Posted by ArcadeHero (74 posts) -

When you confirm the download the game gets listed on your download history. You don't have to actually download it.

#4 Edited by Kidavenger (3628 posts) -

As long as you "buy" the game, it will be attached to your account and you will always have access to it.

The easiest way to do it is to use their web store store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

#5 Posted by OldManLight (914 posts) -

cool, thanks guys.

#6 Posted by Marcsman (3286 posts) -

You can only lose them if you let your Plus+ account expire.

#7 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2591 posts) -

@marcsman said:

You can only lose them if you let your Plus+ account expire.

Yup - and if your account expires but then you renew it, your games come right back.

#8 Posted by MetalGearSunny (7003 posts) -

Just select the download option and then immediately cancel it. It will stay in your downloads section.

#9 Posted by RustySanderke (117 posts) -

Just select the download option and then immediately cancel it. It will stay in your downloads section.

It gets added to your list when you "purchase" it. There's no need to start and cancel the actual download.

#10 Posted by Demoskinos (15143 posts) -

@rustysanderke: When I downloaded X-Com and inFamous 2 yesterday there was no such option as soon as I clicked the button it started downloading.

#11 Edited by Marcsman (3286 posts) -

@demoskinos: I looked for infamous 2 yesterday and could not find it. But the best part is I traded in X-Com for my PS4 purchase yesterday then went home and downloaded it again. Now that was great.

#12 Posted by Demoskinos (15143 posts) -

@marcsman said:

@demoskinos: I looked for infamous 2 yesterday and could not find it. But the best part is I traded in X-Com for my PS4 purchase yesterday then went home and downloaded it again. Now that was great.

Thats because inFamous 2 expired yesterday when the store updated. I was lucky enough to grab it earlier in the day. It expired alongside Closure and Little Big Planet 2.

#13 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1482 posts) -

@oldmanlight: A good quick way to get all the igc games is by using this psn store on pc! just add all to cart and checkout, way faster than on the ps3 and they dont download

edit: and ofcourse i read the post but seemed to have missed #4 post....i feel stupid

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.