Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PS1 Games Work... PS2 Games Don't... Thanks Sony!

• 60 results
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Mikewrestler5 said:
    " @EpicSteve:   Unless you review games for a living, I seriously think you're making a bad invest by buying games all the time and hardly playing them upon finishing them. There are rental services available, you know. But hey, what do I know? "
    some people are content to play a the same game over and over again, we call them poor people.
    Like Braden Sinclare(the news guy for gamespot of old) said once.  "The minute I had money to buy my own games, mesmerizing a level stopped being fun." Sure playing a game a million times was fun, when that was the only game you were going to get that year.
    I just got the platinum in AC:brotherhood today. I think that game is amazing and game of the year easy. That being said I have the platinum, I have seen everything that game has to offer. I will tell you right now, I will never play it again ever. 
    I'm super happy to have the plat, because I can go back to one of the other 30 games I bought in the last two months.
    agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By agentboolen
    @Undeadpool said:

" so it's much more likely that they're simply going to start selling us PS2 games in the Playstation Store. Which is fine by me, I like digital distribution better. "

Yes I agree I love it when they sell me stuff I already own!!!  Said with a lot of sarcasm.

@MatPaget: 
    Yep I'm with you I would love to play my PS2 games with out having to hook up a PS2.  I wouldn't be to surprised if it gets PS2 support down the road, but who knows how long that will be.  And yea I'm doubting a simple convenient patch will come out.
    Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Rayfield

HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST THE RIDICULOUS IDEA OF RE-PLAYING PS2 GAMES YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY SCUM AND YOU MAKE ME WANT TO VOMIT ANGER-BLOOD
    9cupsoftea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By 9cupsoftea

Can I just ask, because this thread has still left me a little confused. What is the best PS3 to get if I DID want to emulate PS2 games? An early 60gb model? Is there any way to discern them from newer ones?

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By trophyhunter
    @9cupsoftea said:
    " Can I just ask, because this thread has still left me a little confused. What is the best PS3 to get if I DID want to emulate PS2 games? An early 60gb model? Is there any way to discern them from newer ones? "
    yes the 60 gig is best  it's a fat one and it has 4 usb ports on it
    Mikewrestler5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56  Edited By Mikewrestler5
    @trophyhunter: 

Seems like a waste of money to me. A big waste.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Mikewrestler5 said:

" @trophyhunter:   Seems like a waste of money to me. A big waste. "

It's only a waste if you didn't enjoy the ride or don't feel fulfilled in some way. 
    The last game I didn't enjoy was GTA 4. That was a long time ago, gameing bliss since then.  In fact I think  you are the one not getting the fulfillment you crave 
    blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By blackbird415

Just bought my brother a ps2 slim for 50 bucks. came with a wireless logitech controller (not that great for games like tony hawk). I already ahve a ps2, but its our old fat one we got for xmas when ps2 was still considered something new. My brother let me have the fat one, but recently he told me hes been longing for a ps2 just to take breaks from making his music and whatnot. Now im giving him a bunch of our games, multitap, and a bunch of controllers. Yes I have a multitap. Yes I used it quite a bit over the years

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#59  Edited By Undeadpool
    @agentboolen said:
    " @Undeadpool said:

" so it's much more likely that they're simply going to start selling us PS2 games in the Playstation Store. Which is fine by me, I like digital distribution better. "

Yes I agree I love it when they sell me stuff I already own!!!  Said with a lot of sarcasm.

Honestly? Since I can't track down a large chunk of the PS2 games I own and don't want to go through the hassle of hooking up my PS2? I wouldn't mind if they sold them to me again for...let's say $20 tops.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By KaosAngel

Should've got a launch PS3, you had like a full year to do it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.