PSN Down

• 101 results
#1 Posted by n00d13z (245 posts) -

Has anyone heard anything new about the problems PSN has been having? 

#2 Posted by rjayb89 (7726 posts) -

Since they don't let Giant Bomb have trophy support, Dave went on ahead and denied Internet access to Sony.

#3 Posted by xyzygy (10029 posts) -

The last statement we've heard was that it was an external attack. I think they issued that statement earlier this morning.

#4 Posted by n00d13z (245 posts) -

The PlayStation blog was last updated yesterday. And I just got Socom 4 too. Well, back to MK on the xbox. 

#5 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Sony isn't the greatest about keeping us informed. Hopefully it'll be up soon... Haven't been able to watch TV for days. :(

#6 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

No idea what its all about, but I hope its fixed soon..I want more MK online.

#7 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Shit is gay.  

I just want to use the fucking Netflix.

#8 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" Shit is gay.  I just want to use the fucking Netflix. "
What? You can totally still use Netflix. 
#9 Posted by regularassmilk (1448 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
FUCKING EXACTLY
#10 Edited by Devil240Z (3396 posts) -
@regularassmilk said:

" @KaosAngel said:

FUCKING EXACTLY "
If you just hit login a few times and then hit back you should be able to access netflix. [EDIT] Yeah I checked and it totally works you just gotta keep trying to log in and then it will load up and you can hit back and be in a fully functional netflix. 

Man I got Socom 4, Portal 2, and Mortal Kombat on PS3. WTF. 
Beat Portal 2, no steam achievements for me!
Socom 4 single player? no thanks. 
MK, at least I have story mode and the tower. 

#11 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

This is really pissing me off... good thing I have an Xbox 

#12 Posted by Devil240Z (3396 posts) -
@Zajtalan said:
" This is really pissing me off... good thing I have an Xbox  "
I have an xbox but I cant think of a single thing I want to do with it. 
#13 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:
" Socom 4 single player? no thanks. MK, at least I have story mode and the tower. "
I've been playing MK9 and got a lot of trophies but no way to sync.  The good news is that I've gotten most of the crap unlocked now due to no online.  

I'll try the Netflix thing.  This wouldn't be a problem if Netflix allowed 1080p video with 5.1 audio over the PC too.  
#14 Posted by ShadowKing7 (753 posts) -

Sucks that it had to be this week with all the games that came out.  I was wanting to try my luck at the online for Mortal Kombat.  At least it has a bunch of single player stuff, though.
#15 Posted by Devil240Z (3396 posts) -
@KaosAngel: The netflix thing totally works. I just tested it. 
#16 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

I cannot kill mofos online, sony, if i cannot connect to the psn. Fix yourself, thanks.

#17 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Devil240Z: It works!  Thanks!

Also this post should be bigger.  PSN being down is the worst thing to happen all weekend.
#18 Posted by supermonkey122 (835 posts) -

GOD this sucks!  I was really looking forward to dismembering people online in MK
#19 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@supermonkey122 said:
" GOD this sucks!  I was really looking forward to dismembering people online in MK "
I still haven't use the god damn codes.
#20 Posted by ATrevelan (606 posts) -

I just snagged a SUPER cheap PSP, and I'd love to transfer my psone classics over, but alas... no can do.

Oh well, I can still play Portal 2 again... no big deal...
#21 Posted by Weltal (2274 posts) -

*sigh* I really wanna fight some dudes on PSN.... god damnit.

#22 Posted by N7 (3595 posts) -

Since the EU PSBlog has been the ones updating first, I decided to pay a visit to their website and my heart jumped out of my chest when I saw the message "Playstation Network is On" at the top of their screen. Then, after trying to log in and finally get online for the first time in almost FOUR DAYS, nope. The message switches back and forth for no apparent reason.

So, yeah. Be weary if you go there.

#23 Posted by HairyMike87 (1016 posts) -
@N7: Good looks. I hate when something isn't finalized. I'm sure that it won't be up until Monday or Tuesday. It's a shame because this was an awesome week for games.
#24 Posted by p_p_o_d (543 posts) -

I wounder if this is effecting game development in anyway?  

also I want to play portal 2 but I want to unlock steam achievements while I do it :(  

I think Ill pick up MK to keep me busy.  
#25 Posted by tropico89 (40 posts) -

Can anyone confirm if it is on?  Anyone try and login?
#26 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5303 posts) -
@tropico89 said:
" Can anyone confirm if it is on?  Anyone try and login? "
It hasn't worked for me and I did it just now.
#27 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@p_p_o_d: MK9 is the best bet.  You can do the story and half the challenge tower in a day, so you'll have the entire krypt unlocked.  The downside is playing with people, I'm lucky enough to have friends nearby who want to try it out but I do want to play online.

HOWEVER, SRK says MK9 online is fucking shit with lag so maybe it's not that good.  Then again, it's only on 360 at the moment so maybe PSN will be better.
#28 Posted by N7 (3595 posts) -
@tropico89:  Just tried right now. It is still down.
#29 Posted by tropico89 (40 posts) -
@N7:
Geeze man how long does it take to fix this crap?  I bet Microsoft is secret laughing their ass off right now.
#30 Edited by Dizzyhippos (1489 posts) -

shit happens, worlds not perfect. Although if I had just bought a psp go I could see the argument for being super pissed

#31 Posted by Quacktastic (1066 posts) -

So it was an attack?  Crazy.  It was perfect timing for it, too.  They had a huge week of releases - I bet there are a ton of pissed off people with MK/Portal/Socom and zero online.

#32 Edited by N7 (3595 posts) -
@tropico89 said:

" @N7: Geeze man how long does it take to fix this crap?  I bet Microsoft is secret laughing their ass off right now. "

Okay, my bad. Took that out of context. They are beefing up their servers. You know what, that's a-okay. Good for them. Make this thing goddamn protected so I can play online.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/23/latest-update-for-psnqriocity-services/
#33 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

No MK9 for a week at least then.
#34 Posted by tropico89 (40 posts) -

@KaosAngel:
Sounds like it will be down for at least a week.  If their rebuilding the network. 

#35 Posted by p_p_o_d (543 posts) -

No comment on if Private info was leaked.  I guess thats a good sign but still no ETA on when PSN will be back up.....  

come on sony.   will it be back on by monday?   middle of the week. end of the week... a few weeks.   

I guess it could be a while.

if they are rebuilding PSN security then they might need a ps3 FW update for it to work with the new stuff which could mean at least a few weeks for everything.

#36 Posted by Redbullet685 (6054 posts) -

I want to play SOCOM 4 ONLINE

#37 Posted by Lukeweizer (2706 posts) -

It wasn't related to the same problems with Whiskey?

#38 Edited by N7 (3595 posts) -
@p_p_o_d:  I think they mean their internal security. Not the PS3 security. Like, the actual servers themselves.

Also, I'm pretty sure the reason they aren't saying when it'll be back up is because of stuff like what happened to Giant Bomb. Remember yesterday's stream? "I just got a note from Amazon saying that everything should be back to normal in a few hours" an entire day and some odd hours later, Giant Bomb is back up. So, it's good that they aren't making false promises, I suppose. As far away as it is though, I promise you that it'll be back up by Tuesday. There's no way they're going to miss out on a Store update. That's developers and publishers losing money on their product. They gotta fix it before then.

EDIT: Duders, George Takei just tweeted about the PSN being down... You KNOW shit just got real... omg...
#39 Posted by MightyDuck (1523 posts) -
@Redbullet685:
Tell me about it.

I loved the short time I got to play Socom 4 online when I picked it up Tuesday.  i've been waiting to jump back on Socom 4 and try out Mortal Kombat online.
#40 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Lukeweizer said:
" It wasn't related to the same problems with Whiskey? "
No Whiskey doesn't own their server.  Amazon helps them and Amazon's East Coast got messed up so they were down.

I can assure you Sony doesn't use Amazon for their server...if they did, then that is fucked up.
#41 Posted by Redbullet685 (6054 posts) -
@GetWhatYagive said:
" @Redbullet685: Tell me about it.I loved the short time I got to play Socom 4 online when I picked it up Tuesday.  i've been waiting to jump back on Socom 4 and try out Mortal Kombat online. "
I haven't even been able to play SOCOM 4 online.  It was delivered from Gamefly on Thursday, the day PSN went down.
#42 Posted by Enigma777 (6076 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @Lukeweizer said:
No Whiskey doesn't own their server.  Amazon helps them and Amazon's East Coast got messed up so they were down.I can assure you Sony doesn't use Amazon for their server...if they did, then that is fucked up. "
Why is it fucked up? Amazon has some of the best server farms in the world. 
#43 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Maybe if we riot psn will come up faster

#44 Edited by FesteringNeon (2164 posts) -
#45 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:
" @regularassmilk said:

" @KaosAngel said:

FUCKING EXACTLY "
If you just hit login a few times and then hit back you should be able to access netflix. [EDIT] Yeah I checked and it totally works you just gotta keep trying to log in and then it will load up and you can hit back and be in a fully functional netflix. 

Man I got Socom 4, Portal 2, and Mortal Kombat on PS3. WTF. 
Beat Portal 2, no steam achievements for me!
Socom 4 single player? no thanks. 
MK, at least I have story mode and the tower. 

"
Netflix works for me on my ps3 which is where my surround sound is but every so often psn will log in then log me out which screws over the movie im watching.. makes watching anything longer then 30mins a hassle.
#46 Posted by supermonkey122 (835 posts) -
@KaosAngel:
Me niether
#47 Posted by Chop (1999 posts) -

Normally this wouldn't bug me but on a long weekend after three major game releases?

I'll admit I'm kinda pissed off. 
#48 Posted by kmg90 (420 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:

" @KaosAngel said:

" @Lukeweizer said:
No Whiskey doesn't own their server.  Amazon helps them and Amazon's East Coast got messed up so they were down.I can assure you Sony doesn't use Amazon for their server...if they did, then that is fucked up. "
Why is it fucked up? Amazon has some of the best server farms in the world.  "

Well recently they had a major fail
 http://status.aws.amazon.com/
Which why many sites including Giant Bomb and reddit were down for about 2 days
#49 Posted by TepiDDeatH (70 posts) -

What really pisses me off is I can't use NHL Game Center, during the FREAKIN playoffs! I paid $ for that too! I know there's a waiver in in the PSN end user agreement but...comon Sony, a code or something would be nice when this is all over. Oh, and I'm Canadian too, so one of your free movie weekends where Canada gets the shaft as usual, will not help.

#50 Posted by Jensonb (1756 posts) -

I paid for the PlayTV update primarily so I could use the TVTV Guide for it. But now I can't because you need to sign into PSN to activate it. Fantastic.

Come on Sony, hurry the eff up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.