Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PSN Presents "The Tester"

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ch13696

Ok. so I received this email from PSN. Basically they are going to do some reality like show on the PSN called "The Tester". All I have to do is submit a video of why I should be a tester for Sony. Here's how the email went:

This original program will challenge a select group of gamers in a series of challenges to determine if they have what it takes to make it as an official Game Tester. The elimination competitions throughout the series will not only assess the contestants' videogame knowledge, but they will also challenge the gamers' memory, stamina, dexterity, and overall mental prowess. Contestants must have the whole package to take home the coveted prize in this new original series: personality, skills, smarts and competitive edge. Our lucky winner will earn a contract position at Sony Computer Entertainment's Quality Assurance department in San Diego, CA, where he or she will get hands-on time with the most highly anticipated games in the industry.
    The latest in a series of original content programs designed exclusively for PlayStation®Network, The Tester will debut this winter with new episodes airing on Thursdays. Each episode of The Tester will be available in high-definition and distributed digitally through the PlayStation®Store.

I don't think I want to do this. Reminds me of American Idol but gamers.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

I never get any of these PSN emails.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Diamond

I got that one too.  Odds are they'll go for the handsome and well spoken before the talented or intelligent, but they'll have the token fat guy, nerd, female specimen, and assortment of racial picks, just because.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By EvilTwin

I kind of feel embarrassed for Sony.  Come on guys, you're better than this. 

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

This is an absolutely idiotic concept.  As someone that has done game testing as a contractor in the past, I can tell you that what they classify as a dream job really isn't.  It's actually very grueling and can become extraordinarily tedious and mind-numbing.  That the grand prize is a contract tester position tells me that this show is not worth the effort of participating in.

Don't get me wrong.  Such test positions really are necessary in helping games be as good as they can be, but at the same time, the low level positions will have you performing incredibly repetitive tasks, and it's extremely rare to see contracts move into full-time positions.  When the winner's contract is up, he might not be lucky enough to be asked to come back.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Diamond
    @Hailinel said:
    " This is an absolutely idiotic concept.  As someone that has done game testing as a contractor in the past, I can tell you that what they classify as a dream job really isn't.  It's actually very grueling and can become extraordinarily tedious and mind-numbing.  That the grand prize is a contract tester position tells me that this show is not worth the effort of participating in.  Don't get me wrong.  Such test positions really are necessary in helping games be as good as they can be, but at the same time, the low level positions will have you performing incredibly repetitive tasks, and it's extremely rare to see contracts move into full-time positions.  When the winner's contract is up, he might not be lucky enough to be asked to come back. "
    Good point.

"What do I win?"
    "You get to work for us, now GET TO WORK!"

I think the main appeal would be appearing on PSN and beating other people.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel
    @Diamond said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " This is an absolutely idiotic concept.  As someone that has done game testing as a contractor in the past, I can tell you that what they classify as a dream job really isn't.  It's actually very grueling and can become extraordinarily tedious and mind-numbing.  That the grand prize is a contract tester position tells me that this show is not worth the effort of participating in.  Don't get me wrong.  Such test positions really are necessary in helping games be as good as they can be, but at the same time, the low level positions will have you performing incredibly repetitive tasks, and it's extremely rare to see contracts move into full-time positions.  When the winner's contract is up, he might not be lucky enough to be asked to come back. "
    Good point.  "What do I win?" "You get to work for us, now GET TO WORK!"  I think the main appeal would be appearing on PSN and beating other people. "
    The most ridiculous thing about this is that it's not even that hard to get a contract test position.  In the cases of the companies that I've tested for, I applied for such a position through a temp agency, took a short test that anyone with a high school education could pass in five minutes, and then had to wait for an actual testing assignment to come up.  The only real roadblock to such employment is drug testing.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By ch13696

I'd just be interested in seeing the videos.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FCKSNAP

I'M NOT HERE TO MAKE FREINDS

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Rayfield

I am interested in hearing how much of a goddamn train wreck this 'show' will be. Hopefully it be filled to the brim with people using words like MAXIMUM PWNAGE!!!! and so forth. Z-grade celebrities (Danny Partridge, Gene Simmons) will hopefully turn up to say how much they think Sony RAWKS!!!  And I really hope there's an bafflingly loud voice-over dude in every episode asking ARE YOU GAME?!?!?

Fingers crossed for this awesome piece of shit.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By JJOR64

I just want to see this for how bad it's actually going to be.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rayfield

CONTESTANTS REVEALED AW HELL YEAH BRAH ITS LIKE AWESOME N SHIT
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Oh Sony.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By TwoOneFive

im sure it will be somewhat interesting. i dunno. whatever. 

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rayfield
    @TwoOneFive said:
    "im sure it will be somewhat interesting. i dunno. whatever.  "

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Brake

"It's game over"
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By iam3green

this show looks like a rip off of that other gamer show. they had to do things  and then play multiplayer of the game they were doing in real life. i don't think this show will be all that great. who wants to be a tester really, if u look at the general forums there is a thread of a tester.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Looks cool to me, I'll watch it.

NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NukeGoBoom
    @Rayfield said:
    "
    "
    The dude next to the fat black guy looks like Aphex Twin... Only even creepier.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @NukeGoBoom said:
    " @Rayfield said:
    "
    "
    The dude next to the fat black guy looks like Aphex Twin... Only even creepier. "
    Here's the ending. 

No Caption Provided
    Bghattas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bghattas

"The Tester" makes me not want to tell people that I play video games in fear that they have heard of this atrocity. Methinks these people are already testers and they are just doing this as entertainment.

kagekage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By kagekage

Congrats, you get to be a game tester for Sony! 
    Now sit back and play all these broken games, write billion page reports, and get paid just above minimum wage! 
    You're set for life :D

Box3ru13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Box3ru13

I'm Downloading the first episode just to see how bad it is but judging from the trailer its going to be so bad its good. 

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By chililili
    @Box3ru13 said:
    " I'm Downloading the first episode just to see how bad it is but judging from the trailer its going to be so bad its good.  "
    I saw it and felt sad and dirty afterwars

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.