Question about cloud storage on PS3

#1 Posted by Picsl (195 posts) -

I recently got PS Plus, and I'm being asked when I boot up a game if I want to upload my saves to the cloud. My question is: If I do this, will the game saves only be uploaded to the cloud, or does it store itself on my hard drive too?

#2 Posted by TBird13 (106 posts) -

Both. It will sync the saves for whatever games you tell it to during the daily 2 hour auto upload period. But everything will be saved onto your HD first, and games will never actually read saves from the cloud, I don't think.

#3 Posted by EXTomar (4951 posts) -

The Cloud Storage on PS3 is a "mirror". You always save to your hard drive and it later syncs to the cloud storage. You can directly read out of the "cloud folder" but you really shouldn't do that unless something weird has happened to the original.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.