Question about PS+'s automatic downloads.

#1 Posted by Raven_Sword (3442 posts) -

Ok, so I had a quick question about Playstation Plus's Automatic download feature. How does it know which games to check firmware updates for? also, I heard that it downloads Demos of games automaticaly to your syestem. Can someone explain that to me? am I going to turn on my PS3 one day and find a crap ton of demos that I either didnt want or of games I already palyed? because if thats true, thats pretty horrible.
#2 Posted by berndogskate (9 posts) -

Unfortunately yes it will download demos,even if you have the full retail games which is nonsense i hope in a future firmware update they let the consumer have more control over what it automatically downloads.

#3 Posted by LtColJaxson (1137 posts) -
@berndogskate: 

Wow that is the worst. I already run up the GB's on my monthly limit of 80GB already so that wouldn't help at all...
#4 Posted by chililili (1328 posts) -
@berndogskate said:
" Unfortunately yes it will download demos,even if you have the full retail games which is nonsense i hope in a future firmware update they let the consumer have more control over what it automatically downloads. "
Oh wow, that is extremely superbly crappy. Does it download demos for new releases or does it go all the way back and downloads a Devil May Cry 4 demo
#5 Posted by berndogskate (9 posts) -

As far as i can tell new demos, but thats besides the point if you have the retail copy

#6 Posted by amoremono1 (128 posts) -

This probably isnt what you want to hear, but you can just turn it off.  I got +. but dont like the idea of my console just doing its own damn thing, so never turned it on....

#7 Posted by Raven_Sword (3442 posts) -
@amoremono1:

oh, well tahts good I guess. Still, why cant they give me the choice to have automated firmware updates, but turn off automated Demo downloads? Dosent seem like it would be too hard. Classic SONY, One step forward, two steps back. Anyone who has beena  PS fan should agree to this to some extent.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.