Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Question to European Owners !

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

Hello.
    As many of you know Resistance 2  is coming out the 27th of  november  =(  and  next week in the U.S.
    And i want to play it A.S.A.P so i decided to import it  along many other games, from Amazon U.S .
    But here the thing, i  bought my second ps3 from AMAZON UK ( because it was cheaper and faster) and a week after i got the ps3, i recived a TAX BILL  ( wasnt so cheap)  so i ended up  paying more  than if i had bought it here.

Now my question is:  If i import lets say... 4 games + the offical ps mic, would i have to pay taxes for it?
    how much tax for a game???? is it safe? any other  good sites to buy from besides AMAZON?

thanks

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

anyone ther???
    helloo????

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

oh come on!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

You'll have to pay taxes on it whatever shop you get it from. This might have changed, but the last time I looked into it in the UK (obviously it'll vary in other European countries) orders under £18 are tax free, £18-£58 you pay 17.5% VAT, and orders over £58 pay 17.5% VAT plus 12% customs tax.

LooM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By LooM

It varies from country to country, (as above said) what tax policy is.. typically you don't have to pay extra fees, if the product/thing you bought is less than x value.. For instance, in my country if you buy for more than around 150 euro, you'll get a upkeep before your ware is delivered..

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Snail

Where do you live again?

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

In Norway.

Ok i see now,  what good trusting US-website would you recommend to buy resistance 2 and little big planet?

screwed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By screwed
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "In Norway.

Ok i see now,  what good trusting US-website would you recommend to buy resistance 2 and little big planet?"
    hey there, I live in Norway too. And the rule here is you have to pay tax for everything above 200 KR. So its only really worth it if its for DVD's or games that are that cheap, I use play.com since they have free shipping (even to Norway). So if your under the 200 kr mark, you only pay the price thats stated on their site. I used to buy games from there seeing as they were cheaper and I thought I would save good money..... Which I didnt, and the games ended up costing the around the same or even more if I were to buy them here. For games you'll be better off going to spillpriser.no and searching for the cheapest online option (in Norway).
    Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    screwed said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "In Norway.

Ok i see now,  what good trusting US-website would you recommend to buy resistance 2 and little big planet?"
    hey there, I live in Norway too. And the rule here is you have to pay tax for everything above 200 KR. So its only really worth it if its for DVD's or games that are that cheap, I use play.com since they have free shipping (even to Norway). So if your under the 200 kr mark, you only pay the price thats stated on their site. I used to buy games from there seeing as they were cheaper and I thought I would save good money..... Which I didnt, and the games ended up costing the around the same or even more if I were to buy them here. For games you'll be better off going to spillpriser.no and searching for the cheapest online option (in Norway)."
    omg AWESOME DUDE tusen takk :D i m checking that spillerpriser.no now,  there is a site that has little big planet for 499 kr!!! going to buy it right away :P

AGAin thanks man you totally saved me :D
    screwed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By screwed

no problem man, I pre-ordered Little Big Planet from the very same site :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.