Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Quick Question

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

so Infamous 2 and a bunch of other games are now free for playstation plus users. im thinking of joining (one year memebership) PSplus to get these games. my question is: if i dont renew my PSplus subscription, do i lose these games??.

and if i got the three month subscription, got all this free stuff, and did not renew my account, do i get to keep them??

thanks

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By awesomeusername

You only get to keep stuff you bought like a game with a discount. All free games stop working after your subscription ends.

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

thanks

teekomeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By teekomeeko

@ManU_Fan10ne said:

so Infamous 2 and a bunch of other games are now free for playstation plus users. im thinking of joining (one year memebership) PSplus to get these games. my question is: if i dont renew my PSplus subscription, do i lose these games??.

and if i got the three month subscription, got all this free stuff, and did not renew my account, do i get to keep them??

thanks

@awesomeusername said:

You only get to keep stuff you bought like a game with a discount. All free games stop working after your subscription ends.

To clarify further, you "keep" everything, it just stops working, so if you renew you can play it again; it's a "games as a service" model. You can see the date your license will end in the info by hitting the triangle button in the XMB. PS+ free games are basically non-a la carte rentals: they tell you what you get, and hopefully it's worth it to you to play that stuff. Seems like over a year you'll get more than your share of software you might like if you are enough of a fan of the system to actually play them. Other free items, like themes and avatars, are yours forever just like discounted stuff.

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.