"Restore Default Settings"

#1 Edited by Epidehl (328 posts) -

So long story short, I had to use the "restore default settings" function on the PS3 in order to get it to not lock up today. After doing so, I noticed the asterisk next to my "Profile" name, and then proceeded to try and play Injustice. I got errors basically saying that because it is not on the original profile (even though it is) it cannot save, use DLC, or get trophies. In looking into this a bit afterwards this seems to be a problem with this function, but I can't seem to find a solution.

I'm probably going to try and contact Sony, but figured I check here and see if anybody knows what's up and if there's anything I can do.

#2 Edited by Lego_My_Eggo (1066 posts) -

Have you logged in to your PSN account since you did this? If not try that, it may have deleted that info and just need to be linked again with your account.

#3 Edited by Epidehl (328 posts) -

Have you logged in to your PSN account since you did this? If not try that, it may have deleted that info and just need to be linked again with your account.

Seems like that fixed it! I just had to get home so I could actually do it unfortunately, but signing in and then re-activating my account seems to have worked. The only problem is my PS+ subscription seems to have... disappeared. Gonna have to contact Sony on that one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.