Should I buy now or later?

#1 Posted by McGriddle550 (282 posts) -

I was just wondering if it is worth buying a ps3 now or waiting for a potential price drop?

#2 Posted by Natedogg2 (460 posts) -

I think if there was going to be a price drop this fall, we would have heard about it by now. I wouldn't expect a price drop until next summer at the earliest at this point.

#3 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1441 posts) -

I got one last week :) Get one!

#4 Posted by psylah (2188 posts) -

I got a Super Nintendo from a thrift store for 12 bucks, how long are you willing to wait?

#5 Posted by MikeydCT (575 posts) -

later, my ps3 covered in dust only been using it for amazon video and for some reason updating and not playing DCUO

#6 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1484 posts) -

If you don't plan to build a PC, sure, get it.

#7 Posted by huntad (1994 posts) -

If you like the exclusives, sure.

#8 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Why the fuck not. If you really want to you could wait for a bundle or something.

#9 Posted by DeF (5015 posts) -

@McGriddle550 said:

I was just wondering if it is worth buying a ps3 now or waiting for a potential price drop?

TGS. wait until after TGS, then you're safe. But remember you're gonna hate yourself come Black Friday when all those crazy deals are coming ...

#10 Posted by Jolt92 (1609 posts) -

Maybe wait for blackfriday? I'm not sure how these american things go down, but that's probably a good idea?

Or just fucking buy one already!

#11 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2494 posts) -

If you waited this long wait till black friday or a simliar deal or the next price drop.

#12 Posted by hughesman (312 posts) -

I wouldn't count on a price drop but if you wait till the holiday season your sure to see some kind of bundle.

#13 Posted by MideonNViscera (2252 posts) -

How much more of a price drop are you expecting? They're like $600 off their original price now haha

#14 Posted by BrockNRolla (1694 posts) -

A price drop may come around the holidays...

But I'd just wait for the next console at this point, unless you've got nothing currently to play on.

#15 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

I'd say wait. Some stores might have price drops during the holiday season, not to mention that you could get one during Black Friday (either online or at a brick and mortar store).

#16 Posted by fuzzypumpkin (391 posts) -

I just bought one a few months ago. It's fantastic, buy it now.

#17 Posted by believer258 (12461 posts) -

If you've already got a PC or 360, then wait until next gen.

If you've got neither then go for a PC. If you really don't want to go for a PC for whatever reason, then go ahead and get a PS3.

#18 Posted by rand0mZer00 (316 posts) -

I would wait until Black Friday to pick one up. Maybe by then a price drop will already have happened, or there will be some kind of bundle that would be worth the wait.

#19 Posted by Tarsier (1082 posts) -


This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.