Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

So does ps3 no longer allow USB save importing?

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BestUsernameEver

I just got GTA4 complete edition after my 360 bricked a couple years ago, nd now finally purchased a copy for my current PS3. I beat the 360 version the first month it was out, then played the multiplayer for quite a long time after until the system red ringed, but now that I have the ps3 version, I am compelled to do strictly local sandbox/screwing around in the game. But I realy don't want to beat it again to get the islands and other perks, so of course, (to the point of my question), I put a 100% save file onto a USB stick. Put it in the ps3 (yes, it's formatted correctly) and the save data tab will display the usb, but won't allow me to 'view all' the get the save data. Yes, the file is indeed named "SAVEDATA", no spaces and in caps, what the system reads, and nothing is seen. Did they remove this feature, I remember a few years ago I could do this painlessly.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By damodar

I think they may have locked that ability when trophies came about.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By eskimo

Yeah, locked out with trophies

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Silver-Streak

@BestUsernameEver:

Apologies to the above posters if I misunderstand what they're saying, but their statements appear to be incorrect. It's not locked out at the system level. It depends entirely on the game.

Skyrim allows you to bring in saves from anywhere, regardless if they're yours or not. http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/saves

Some games allow it(Rayman Origins let me take my save and bring it over to my Wife's PS3 so we could continue playing there). Some do not (Dark Souls and Demon Souls come to mind).

I do not know if GTA4 allows it. I'd recommend you start a normal GTA4 save, copy that to your usb stick, then go into the folder structure of the USB stick and put your downloaded save in there. Then just make sure you copy it over from the usb stick within the main XMB under the PS3 Game Save section, rather than within GTA4 itself.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By musubi

@Eujin said:

@BestUsernameEver:

Apologies to the above posters if I misunderstand what they're saying, but their statements appear to be incorrect. It's not locked out at the system level. It depends entirely on the game.

Skyrim allows you to bring in saves from anywhere, regardless if they're yours or not. http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/saves

Some games allow it(Rayman Origins let me take my save and bring it over to my Wife's PS3 so we could continue playing there). Some do not (Dark Souls and Demon Souls come to mind).

I do not know if GTA4 allows it. I'd recommend you start a normal GTA4 save, copy that to your usb stick, then go into the folder structure of the USB stick and put your downloaded save in there. Then just make sure you copy it over from the usb stick within the main XMB under the PS3 Game Save section, rather than within GTA4 itself.

This is correct. I remember importing a Uncharted 1 save i downloaded to get whatever bonus (I forget what now) that you got for having an Uncharted 1 save in Uncharted 2.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@Demoskinos said:

@Eujin said:

@BestUsernameEver:

This is correct. I remember importing a Uncharted 1 save i downloaded to get whatever bonus (I forget what now) that you got for having an Uncharted 1 save in Uncharted 2.

Well poop. Thanks all, guess I have to replay a lot of GTA again, which I don't really feel like doing for the 4th time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.