Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

So is the official PS3 headset junk, or is it just mine?

TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TEAMHOLT

I ended up nabbing the official PS3 bluetooth headset via the SOCOM bundle, keeping the headset and ditching SOCOM. I've only had a couple of opportunities to use it, but both times the supposed noise cancellation was a joke. Unless I keep game audio at an absolute minimum, it just sputters out noise almost as bad as the Jabra that came with Warhawk. I've tried HQ mode as well as taking the sensitivity down to one, and it makes no difference.

Other people claim to have success with it, though, so I was wondering if anyone here plays games with it on a regular basis and don't see thier in-game mic indicator on Burnout or Resistance 2 just blowing the hell up all the time.

I've also thought about just getting a cheap USB headset and hoping that works better, so if anyone has any input on that, it would be appreciated.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I did not know the official ps3 headset had noise canceling. learn something new every day, Though while i've had no voice problems for the most part with the headset its voice quality is less then that of the 360 headset, The complaint i mainly have with it is that its uncomfortable and boxy, the 360 headset fits over the ear comfy and i can wear it for hours, the ps3 headset fits "inside" the ear and it gets uncomfortable after about 30 minutes, its edges are hard so trying to turn it down makes it rub againest my ear and its a very very loose headset where as the 360 is nice and snug.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Th3_James

well for me all the 3 headsets i have tried on ps3 all cut out and suck, 1 i got from warhawk, other 2 random ones from friends

i have the wireless 360 mic and it does this ALOT too, don't know if it is because i baught it when they first came out, but my friends new one does this aswell

i just want to know how to disable all voice chat on ps3 aside from friends like i do on my 360, hate hearing other people when i dont want to

TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TEAMHOLT

I ended up buying the Logitech Vantage at a GameStop, for anyone who's in the same boat as me. It's still not perfect, and it seems quality will vary from game to game, but in Killzone 2 it's just about perfect.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By LiquidPrince

Must be just yours because my friend has had no issues. I only use the Warhawk Jabra one though...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.