So what Theme are you using?

• 96 results
#1 Posted by Solid_SnakeXx (1771 posts) -

I ve never seen a thread like this yet so i thought why not?
maybe we can make this one a recommendation  theme thread????

i m using the one that came with the firmaware =/  i m looking for some new on the internet now :P

#2 Posted by LiquidPrince (16003 posts) -

Paint theme with Prince of Persia wallpaper.

#3 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -
caption

#4 Edited by MattyFTM (14415 posts) -

The invisible theme because I don't own a PS3 *Cries*

#5 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

um each user i have has a different theme :/ on my main one is a infamous one

#6 Posted by LiquidPrince (16003 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"The invisible theme because I don't own a PS3 *Cries*"
There there. You'll get one soon enough!
#7 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

The last time I used my PS3, it was still the PSN store one.

#8 Posted by Bucketdeth (8023 posts) -

I`m using that paint theme with a brown background.

#9 Posted by LiquidPrince (16003 posts) -
Bucketdeth said:
"I`m using that paint theme with a brown background."
Why brown?
#10 Posted by ReTarDedFisHy (1065 posts) -

Actually, uh, ReTarDedFisHy doesn't really like any custom themes, at all.
He thinks the "Original" theme is best. Sleek and simple, baby. All the way.

#11 Posted by Mattzz10 (496 posts) -

I'm using the home theme, because the notification system is really good, and the box that pops up you can still see through, so its not that bad while playing.

#12 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
ReTarDedFisHy said:
"Actually, uh, ReTarDedFisHy doesn't really like any custom themes, at all.
He thinks the "Original" theme is best. Sleek and simple, baby. All the way."
really? you should see what the others look like in the store or on websites.
#13 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I'm using an HD image of Lightning from FFXIII, with custom icons. I've been wanting to change it to a Jessica Alba or Megan Fox one but am currently too lazy.

#14 Posted by raven_squad (438 posts) -

A Battlefield: Bad Company theme that Ive had since before its launch. Didnt even like the game that much. Just havent gotten around to changing it for some reason. 

#15 Posted by LiquidPrince (16003 posts) -

We need some good Prince of Persia themes...

#16 Posted by ReTarDedFisHy (1065 posts) -

Yeah, ReTarDedFisHy has seen quite a sh*tload of themes.
Good ol' Original is still the best. :}

The cookie theme for the PSP is absolutely brilliant - if one could find it for the PS3 someone could PM the FisH right?

Mmm... crunchy.

#17 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2130 posts) -

i'm currently using the Fallout 3 theme.

#18 Posted by DoctorTran (1565 posts) -

I'm currently using the Brotherhood of Steel Fallout 3 Theme... Can't wait to get my copy of the game. Even if it is for the 360.

#19 Posted by Snail (8612 posts) -

The normal one, I am yet to find a theme that is truly awesome.

#20 Posted by screwed (140 posts) -

"Manga"
not a lot of details which makes it simple and easy to look at

#21 Edited by TheGamerGeek (2499 posts) -

Ummm, I think I've got a Fallout theme but I've been wanting to change it for a good while now...so I'm going to.

EDIT: Now it's a Lara Croft pic...hmmm Lara Croft :)

#22 Posted by LiquidPrince (16003 posts) -
screwed said:
""Manga"
not a lot of details which makes it simple and easy to look at"
How did you get a high res shot of a manga page?
#23 Posted by screwed (140 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"screwed said:
""Manga"
not a lot of details which makes it simple and easy to look at"
How did you get a high res shot of a manga page?"
no, its a theme called Manga.. if Im not mistaken. you can find it on the PSN store
#24 Posted by LiquidPrince (16003 posts) -

Oh, my bad. Looks good? I would prefer a theme named Hentai... I kid, I kid =P

#25 Posted by screwed (140 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"Oh, my bad. Looks good? I would prefer a theme named Hentai... I kid, I kid =P"
yeah I think it looks simple and good, not a lot of extra mess cluttering it up. One of the best non-game theme I saw on PSN.
And Im sure a lot of people have various themes in the.. hentai genera :P
#26 Posted by LiquidPrince (16003 posts) -
screwed said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Oh, my bad. Looks good? I would prefer a theme named Hentai... I kid, I kid =P"
yeah I think it looks simple and good, not a lot of extra mess cluttering it up. One of the best non-game theme I saw on PSN.
And Im sure a lot of people have various themes in the.. hentai genera :P"
Try looking for one called Kunoichi holiday, or something to that effect =P
#27 Posted by screwed (140 posts) -

well Kunoichi is apparently a female ninja.. so.. if this comes from the hentai discussion.. I can imagine what I might find :P

#28 Posted by LiquidPrince (16003 posts) -
screwed said:
"well Kunoichi is apparently a female ninja.. so.. if this comes from the hentai discussion.. I can imagine what I might find :P"
Yup =P
#29 Posted by Demilich (2598 posts) -

Some dude on /v/ gave me a code for a LBP theme. Using that right now.

#30 Posted by TheWorstPlayerEver (390 posts) -
Snail said:
"The normal one, I am yet to find a theme that is truly awesome."
Same here. I found some cool themes but none that I liked better than the original
#31 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -

I'm using a free Mirror's Edge theme from the Store right now.

#32 Posted by chililili (1328 posts) -

I'm using the best theme IMO from the ps3 store which is the third (newest) wipeout HD theme, the guys at wipeout really made a very good one, far superior than all the other free htemes, with lots of icons, kickass backgrounds, and easy to see text. Before that I was using themes I imported from my pc because they are far better than a ny of the free ones the ps3 offers (except wipeout)

#33 Edited by LiquidPrince (16003 posts) -
chililili said:
"I'm using the best theme IMO from the ps3 store which is the third (newest) wipeout HD theme, the guys at wipeout really made a very good one, far superior than all the other free htemes, with lots of icons, kickass backgrounds, and easy to see text. Before that I was using themes I imported from my pc because they are far better than a ny of the free ones the ps3 offers (except wipeout)"
I'll have to look out for that.

#34 Posted by Maccsta (4 posts) -

I love the default theme! I've changed it different ones but keep coming back to the factory default!

#35 Posted by JVMark2 (20 posts) -
#36 Posted by law_sama (3 posts) -

I use the "kicks" theme pretty faithfully. its a sick theme for shoe fanatics and its pretty cheap (99 cents, I believe)

#37 Posted by LiquidPrince (16003 posts) -
law_sama said:
"I use the "kicks" theme pretty faithfully. its a sick theme for shoe fanatics and its pretty cheap (99 cents, I believe)"
You paid for a theme?
#38 Posted by AttackedCamo (818 posts) -

Fallout 3 Pip boy theme.

#39 Posted by DragoonKain1687 (702 posts) -

I created one using the PS3Theme Creator on its latest version. Its kind of cool I mixed some games as Suikoden, FF, DMC, Valkyrie Profile with some animes as Bleach and Naruto.

#40 Posted by raven_squad (438 posts) -

Pretty awesome Mirrors Edge theme. 

#41 Posted by LiquidPrince (16003 posts) -
DragoonKain1687 said:
"I created one using the PS3Theme Creator on its latest version. Its kind of cool I mixed some games as Suikoden, FF, DMC, Valkyrie Profile with some animes as Bleach and Naruto."
Pictures =P
#42 Posted by mr_korean (610 posts) -

I've got one that i really like on some website. It has the xmb symbols clear and they're revamped (?) "make it look cleaner" and I have some landscape pictures of mountains, rivers, lakes, stuff like that that i cycle through constantly

#43 Posted by Keeng (1001 posts) -

Right now I'm using...crap I don't even remember what theme it is. All I know about it is that it makes all the XMB icons black. Could be one of the Tomb Raider themes. Then I switched out the background for one of the Folklore wallpapers from the PS Store. It looks really good and it fits the mood of the game Folklore quite well. 

Pro tip: Google the theme Beautiful Space. It's the best theme available right now. The only reason I'm not using it currently is that I tipped a few of my friends about it and now all of them have it and it drives me crazy. 

Pro-er tip: Beautiful Space is at least 14 times as good if you see it in HD over SD.
#44 Edited by DragoonKain1687 (702 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"DragoonKain1687 said:
"I created one using the PS3Theme Creator on its latest version. Its kind of cool I mixed some games as Suikoden, FF, DMC, Valkyrie Profile with some animes as Bleach and Naruto."
Pictures =P"
This is the one Im using, the background is off, cause the program wont let me add images for some reason, so I added some that it let me. Once I figure how to add them, I can make it so that it has spinning images.
http://www.divshare.com/download/5276735-76a
PD: If you want a particular theme, just ask me and I will see if I can pull something out of it.
#45 Posted by LiquidPrince (16003 posts) -
DragoonKain1687 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"DragoonKain1687 said:
Pictures =P"
This is the one Im using, the background is off, cause the program wont let me add images for some reason, so I added some that it let me. Once I figure how to add them, I can make it so that it has spinning images.
http://www.divshare.com/download/5276735-76a
PD: If you want a particular theme, just ask me and I will see if I can pull something out of it."
I will probably use your offer soon. Let me try and think of a cool theme idea!
#46 Posted by GioVANNI (1288 posts) -

MGS4 one, I'm still trying to convince myself not to use the Fallout 3 one, mostly because I bought it on the 360.  >.<

#47 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

The Journey Premium artwork theme, I keep switching to the original one though.

#48 Posted by ESREVER (2700 posts) -

Journey Dynamic Theme

#49 Edited by Soapy86 (2632 posts) -

I mostly use this...

...but I'm currently rocking the dynamic Ico theme that came with the HD collection.

#50 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Anyone know where I can download that dreamcast theme sega released a day before the famous PSN hack? I've been searching for it ever since, but the store shows nothing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.