Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Tell Me Your Favorite PS3 Console Exclusive(s), please.

LazyEkans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LazyEkans

Hello, I would like for people to suggest their favorite PS3 exclusive games (can be available on PC), so please do that. I'm looking for anything really, even PSN only games. Below are lists of games I have and games I plan on getting . You don't have to read the lists and, again, feel free to recommend whatever as long as you liked it and maybe explain why.

Also, I have the MGS collection (360 version) and MGS4, but just can't gain enough interest in the series...I only played like 15 minutes of MGS2, though. Is there just a super steep learning curve on those games? I tried 4, but put it down when I realized I wasn't going to be told what was going on.

Edit:

I don't want to reply to everyone and take up space, just know your input is appreciated and I am reading all the posts.

Edit2:

Well, since backwards compatibility isn't ubiquitous and the games are being released on the Store, I've decided to include PS2 collections too. Also, there are some great PS2 games and I have that ICO and SotC game on my list so it was probably confusing.

Edit3:

Well, because so many have mentioned it, as I probably should have expected, I'm going to link to the Cheap Ass Gamer thread on PS+. It's very well done and is currently being updated. If that thread dies just go to their Video Game Deals Forum, Ctrl+f, and search for "PSN".

Have

• Folklore
    • MGS4
    • Valkyria Chronicles
    • Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
    • The Last of Us
    • The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus collection

Planning to Buy

• Ni No Kuni
    • Infamous 2
    • Tokyo Jungle
    • The Unfinished Swan
    • Journey Collector's Edition (includes Flow and Flower)
    • Sound Shapes
    • Pixeljunk Shooter 2

I'm gonna compile the recommendations for myself and potentially others. If anyone knows how to make this list less obtrusive let me know.

PS+ Has been recommended multiple times as well. Here is a link to a thread on the CAG forums that should answer any questions that may come up regarding PS+.

Recommendations

• 3D Dot Game Heroes
    • Beyond: Two Souls
    • Demon's Souls
    • Disgaea (3,4)
    • Dragon's Crown
    • Dyad
    • God of War Saga
    • Guacamelee
    • Heavenly Sword
    • Heavy Rain
    • LittleBigPlanet (1,2)
    • Luftrausers
    • Lumines Supernova
    • MLB The Show 13
    • Puppeteer
    • Rain
    • Ratchet and Clank Future: (Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, A Crack in Time)
    • Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus
    • Resistance 3
    • Shatter
    • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
    • Stardust HD
    • Super Stardust HD
    • Tales From Space: About a Blob
    • Tales of Xillia
    • Trash Panic
    • Uncharted (1,2,3)
    • Wipeout HD
    • Yakuza (3,4, Dead Souls)

PS2 releases

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

I don't see Uncharted on either list. Does that seem like something you'd enjoy?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Probably Journey.

I really liked everything of Ni No Kuni that I played, but unfortunately I had to slow down because college caught up with me. I plan on jumping back into it soon, but what I played of it has been some of my favorite gameplay on the PS3. I didn't finish it so I can't say for sure if I like the whole thing as much as I did the first seven or so hours.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Heavenly Sword: It's a short game and it's combat is simplistic, but I still found it to be a fun game.

Stardust HD: It was the PS3's Geometry Wars. I personally liked this one more though.

Uncharted series: Such entertaining games to play. The second installment is still my favorite game of the last generation.

Shatter: Great Breakout-style game with good music.

LazyEkans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LazyEkans

@lordandrew: I played 1 and 2, but from what I heard 3 isn't as interesting as the previous titles.

@believer258: Yeah, that game looks great. I didn't make an ordered list, but it's up there in the top 3 along with Tokyo Jungle and Sound Shapes!

@soapy86: FINE. I'll play Demon's Souls I GUESS.

angouri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By angouri

There's Demon Souls if you want to play the original Souls game. I thought it was pretty good...

• Yakuza 3 + 4 . They have really fun stories and some dumb fun running around Japan. I preferred Yakuza 3, the 4 protagonists in Yakuza 4 were a bit much.
    • Rain and Puppeteer: both have gorgeous art and are really whimsical.
    • LittleBigPlanet: I LOVE the style of this game, I want to strangle whoever came up with the jump physics. but the user-generated levels are still awesome.
    • Heavy Rain: it's worth seeing why David Cage is respected. Forgive the voice acting and enjoy the experience.
    • God of War: GoW2 is still probably my favorite, but GoW 3 is pretty good, and I liked the PSP ones too (also available on PS3).
    • Demon Souls if you want to play the original Souls game
    • Wipeout HD Fury: The original 1080p/60fps visual assault available on PS3. Probably still my favorite racer.
    • Dyad: I have a soft spot for arcade games. This is one of them.
    • Tales from Space: about a blob and Guacamelee: the games from Drinkbox studios have a really cool style and play really well.
    • Trash Panic: The best puzzle game out of Japan since Lumines. probably. definitely the most eco-conscious.
    Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Corevi

Uncharted, Disgaea and Infamous are what I bought the system for and all those games are great. Uncharted 3 while not as good as 2 is still pretty damn fun. Ni No Kuni is cool, as is Journey.

MGS2 is my least favourite game of the series, I recommend playing 3 (which is a prequel and so far the most chronologically back game in the entire series) for atleast an hour, as that's how long it takes to really get a feel for the game and how the nonstandard controls work. If you have absolutely no tolerance for janky gameplay you won't like the Metal Gear series though, except MGS5 which is more "modern" in nature.

Okami HD is worth checking out if you like Zelda and absolutely beautiful games. Some of the PS2 classics are pretty good as well such as GOD HAND (personal favourite) and anything with the Shin Megami Tensei license attached (currently that's Persona 3 and 4, SMT3 Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga).

Persona 5 comes out early next year which will probably be the last big PS3 exclusive.

ryanmgraef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ryanmgraef

X and x-2 hd, son! All day!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm a new owner, so I haven't played much yet. But so far: I didn't think I'd like Uncharted 3, but it was (still is for a couple more days, I think) on PS+, so I tried it and absolutely loved it. I'm also quite enjoying MGS4, although I'm playing it in very small chunks; I can only take MGS' particular brand of gameplay and storytelling a little bit at a time.

I have Infamous 2 and LittleBigPlanet 2 coming through Amazon, as well. (yeah, I have a bad habit of playing games out of order) I have high hopes for those, and their demos tell me that I'll be very pleased with both.

The only one I've played so far that hasn't really grabbed me is Puppeteer. It's a joy to look at and listen to, but the gameplay... eh.

Tangentially related: Not an exclusive, but I'm playing Remember Me, and man... that game is so much better than its ironically forgettable reputation. It's certainly a bit buggy and uneven, kind of a budget Uncharted feel, but it's super enjoyable just the same. Extremely pretty environments, too.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

3D Dot Game Heroes is worth checking out if you like old Zelda. My favourite is Demon's Souls though, followed by Uncharted 2.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planning to Buy

• Ni No Kuni

Don't. The pacing is just so awful and combat is too shallow. I could only put up 25-ish hours with the game...

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RPGs

• Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten: SRPG that can go on for ever. Good cast of core characters too.
    • Tales of Xillia: Best RPG ive played in a while, it has a great cast of characters and i fun combat
    • Ni No Kuni : Its a good Level 5 RPG, can be a bit slow at times but its still worth playing

Hd Collections

• Ratchet and Clank
    • Sly Coooper
    • Jak and Daxter
    • Okami HD

Arcadey High Score games

• Lumines Supernova
    • Super Stardust HD
    • Luftrausers

Other games

• Resistance 3: Its actually really good
    • Dragons Crown
    • Beyond Two Souls: You like Ellen Page or just a good interactive experience then play this
    • Heavy Rain:
    • Journey: Reiterating because its the best game of last gen

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@lazyekans:

Given your current lists I'd definitely check out 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Also check out Infamous before Infamous 2. I actually preferred the first game overall.

LazyEkans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LazyEkans

@fearbeard: Oh, okay, thanks for your input. I have already played it and own it, but just didn't feel like listing all the stuff I have.

Well, I guess that's a thread! If anyone else has suggestions feel free to post them, I just assume most people won't be posting anymore. Also, maybe I'll hyperlink the games that are collections so people can tell what they are.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

MGS4 - Introduced me to the Metal Gear universe and love the hell out of the game and series.

My guess is Persona 5 will pass MGS4 when it comes out. Its an exclusive right?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Resistance 3, MGS 4, Warhawk, Unfinished Swan, and Uncharted 2!

SneakyJB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last of Us for sure but you already have that one. I would definately buy Journey when you get the chance as well. I didn't have the life-changing experience that some other players seem to have had but it is a unique, thoughtful game that will stick with you for a long time. I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Puppeteer is fantastic. Just because they don't stick fully to the style at the end of the game is not an issue. It's free on plus right now.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Demon's Souls and Ni No Kuni.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Yakuza 4 and Valkyria Chronicles.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By awesomeusername

@lazyekans: I'm going to recommend & tell you to forget some games.

Play these:

• The Last of Us - Duh
    • Ratchet & Clank Future series (Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, A Crack in Time), Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
    • The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection -
    • The Sly Cooper Collection (If you never played Sly)
    • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - Plays pretty much like Sly 2+3 (Platforming is really good) & it's such a gorgeous game. It's free this month on PlayStation Plus (PS+) actually so get a PS+ subscription!
    • Ni no Kuni - I haven't played the full game yet but I loved the demo. I actually have the game on my PS3 right now so I'll hopefully play through it this summer.
    • Infamous 1+2 - Infamous 1 is probably rough to play but the Infamous series is my favorite series ever so play that shit. Infamous 2 is still one of the best playing games on PS3 ever. The story is a bit of a let down but it's still so, so good.
    • The Unfinished Swan - One of my favorite indie/downloadable games. It's so charming and the gameplay is unique and different. It's also fairly short but it's very much worth your time.
    • Journey+flower - Both gorgeous and relaxing games. Forget flOw, it's trash.
    • Sound Shapes - Fantastic platformer with great music (Becks album is the best). The community levels are really good too.
    • Uncharted 3 - I read that you played 1+2 but skipped 3. I want to say that 3 isn't as good as 2 (Because it's hard to top something that was universally praised) but it's still a damn good Uncharted game. It's also one of the most gorgeous games on PS3. Should definitely give it a go. This is also currently free on PS+ but it will no longer be free come Tuesday, June 3rd so I recommend you getting a PS+ sub and purchasing all the free games available right now before they leave this month on the PS Store website.
    • Rain - Kind of like Ico but you're playing as an invisible child. It's a pretty good game and worth your time so if you enjoy Ico, play Rain.
    • Puppeteer - One of the best games of 2013 and sadly one of the overlooked. It's so gorgeous and it's pretty funny. The boss fights in this game are so good too. One of the only games I can think of that has good boss fights.
    • Heavy Rain+Beyond Two Souls - These games get very mixed reactions but they're the only games on the PlayStation consoles that do what they do. If you think you'll enjoy it, try them.
    • God of War Saga - If you never played any GoW game, play them. They're bloody fun (sorry). Just play them.
    • Resistance 3 - Don't need to have played Resitance 1+2 to understand this games plot but you should wiki them anyway. Or if you want the short version, they say in the beginning of this game what happened in the previous two games. This is one of the better shooters that came out last gen and this is another Sony title that got overlooked. Definitely give it a try.
    • Tales of Xillia - If you like JRPG's, play this. The combat system is so good and the characters are pretty likeable.

Forget these:

• PixelJunk Shooter - If you ever plan on getting a PS4, just forget this title. This game along with PixelJunk Shooter 2 will be free this month (June 2014) on PS4 via PS+ in 1080p, 60FPS, blabla, etc. so just get a PS+ sub dude. Seriously, it's the best deal on any console.
    • Tokyo Jungle - It's a weird game but in a good way. I just don't think it has that level of appeal where you'll want to play it a ton of times.
    • flOw - I said above to forget it. I'll say it again. Forget this crap.
    • LittleBigPlanet - I liked these games but I don't see the point in going back to them in 2014. Just wait for the inevitable LBP3 on PS4. If you get a PS4 that is.
    • Tales from Space: About a Blob - I didn't really like this game despite loving the PS Vita version of this game. The boss fights in this game are awful and it just wasn't enjoyable.

With that said, get a PS+ subscription NOW! All the free games available right now on PS+ will be gone by the end of this month (Games are leaving every Tuesday) so you should jump on that today if you're interested in any of the free games out right now. As I and tons of other people say, PS+ is one of, if not, the best deals in gaming ever.

XtuhC0029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last of us, God of War series, Uncharted, Journey, Flower, Sound Shapes, Littlebigplanet, and Puppeteer

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By hollitz

Folklore has a great art style but I really don't think you're going to enjoy it. To me, it's the epitome of a launch game, even though it came out like a year after launch.

I'll toss my hat in the ring for what I'd say is the best of the best: Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Journey, MGS4 (but only if you've played and love the franchise), Uncharted 2, and the The Last of Us.

I keep meaning to revisit Resistance 3. That game had a really somber tone that I appreciated.

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CABBAGES

I see you have yakuza 3 and 4 on that list which you must try but also try yakuza dead souls if you find you like 3 and 4.

I liked the 2 Railfan games but I would only try them if you can get them cheap. They might still be kind of expensive.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cabbages said:

I see you have yakuza 3 and 4 on that list which you must try but also try yakuza dead souls if you find you like 3 and 4.

I liked the 2 Railfan games but I would only try them if you can get them cheap. They might still be kind of expensive.

Argh, don't even mention Dead Souls... I'll never forgive that game for killing Yakuza in North America

Rokkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's majorly (even fatally) flawed but Heavy Rain was still my favourite exclusive.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazyekans: Forgot to mention you should pick up Modnation Racers if you like kart racers, its one of the best out there and theres tons of great user generated content for it as well.

supermulletman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Rub a Dub is the only correct answer.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Journey. Anyone who answered anything else needs to take a long contemplative walk.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Maybe I'm just down on video games these days but I'd say about 80% of these recommendations are skippable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.