The best PS3 game of its life ....so far!

• 137 results
#51 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

MGS4 or Tokyo Jungle.

Don't really understand what everyone likes about Uncharted 2, between the simple "platforming" and the bullet sponging gunfights it was really lame I thought.

#52 Posted by Marz (5668 posts) -

Uncharted 2

#53 Posted by TooWalrus (13255 posts) -

It's got to be Uncharted 2 (though, I may have liked the first one more, I played them back-to-back and and I think I liked the story from the first game more. The gameplay in the first game didn't really bother me, so I feel like the only department uncharted 2 wins is graphically, which, now that I have a gaming PC, doesn't impress me as much as it used to.)

Actually, I take it back. It's Metal Gear. It's always Metal Gear...

#54 Posted by Revan_NL (346 posts) -

Uncharted 2, a perfectly paced blockbuster action game. After that Journey and I have a soft spot for the inFamous series

#55 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1875 posts) -

MGS 4

#56 Posted by cloudnineboya (845 posts) -

uncharted or flower or mgs4 cant decide witch is best,thay all had good game.

#57 Posted by rentfn (1284 posts) -

Lair

#58 Posted by Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497 (560 posts) -

God of War 3, Uncharted 2 and 3, inFamous 1 and 2, MGS4, Heavy Rain, Yakuza 4. I liked Journey but I just can't see how it's one of the best titles on the system, though I do admit it does some interesting things. PS3 exclusives, generally speaking, have all been pretty outstanding. Unless we're talking about Haze.

#59 Posted by Fenrir (30 posts) -
#60 Posted by spankingaddict (2727 posts) -

LBP2

#61 Posted by Hunter5024 (5912 posts) -

It's hard to pick, I love all the exclusives that I played.

#62 Posted by NoMoreMutants (62 posts) -

I've only had a PS3 for a little over a year and a half so there's some stuff I haven't played, with that said I think Uncharted 2 is tremendous! The set pieces in that game were amazing and the graphics blew my mind. There were times playing that game where I would spend like 10 minutes walking in a circle in the snow or water just to see the animations.

Infamous was the 1st PS3 game I played so I'd like to give that a quick mention, grinding and gliding around the city finding cool collectables and using awesome powers was a great experience!

#63 Posted by snakeitachi (135 posts) -

Uncharted 2, that game BLEW my mind.

#64 Posted by Young_Scott (85 posts) -

For me, it's MGS4, Demon's Souls, and Valkyria Chronicles.

@TooWalrus said:

It's got to be Uncharted 2 (though, I may have liked the first one more, I played them back-to-back and and I think I liked the story from the first game more. The gameplay in the first game didn't really bother me, so I feel like the only department uncharted 2 wins is graphically, which, now that I have a gaming PC, doesn't impress me as much as it used to.)

I actually agree with this! I understand that Uncharted 2 is, objectively, probably the better game, but I kind of feel more affection towards the first.

#65 Posted by csl316 (9269 posts) -

Uncharted 2 was quite amazing when I first ran through it.  Same with Metal Gear Solid 4, but you probably need a history with the series.

And honestly, Resistance 3 was one of my favorite experiences of the generation.  And God of War III was kind of awesome.

#66 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

I don't care what people say. I loved Uncharted 3.

#67 Posted by NapTimeSleeper (332 posts) -

Uncharted 2 is probably the best but personally I think my favorite is InFamous 2.

#68 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6354 posts) -

That's a tough one. I'd say either Heavy Rain or Disgaea 4, but I wouldn't necessarily say that the latter should be on everyone's play list. Uncharted 2 & 3 wouldn't be far behind, and I also really enjoy all the PS1 and PS2 re-releases.

#69 Posted by DeF (4958 posts) -

So far, Uncharted 2. While I own other possible candidates, I have not yet played all of them.

#70 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6401 posts) -

Journey, Demon's Souls, or, dare I say, Heavy Rain. There are a lot of them, suffice it to say.

Anybody want to send me a copy of Uncharted?

EDIT: God of War III, anybody?

#71 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2287 posts) -

Uncharted 2.

#72 Posted by fiberpay (282 posts) -

Heavy Rain. That game made me buy a PS3.

#73 Posted by ImaTreee (209 posts) -

@SolidOcelot said:

Uncharted 2, but ask me on another day and it could just as easily be Metal Gear Solid 4

#74 Posted by BlastProcessing (922 posts) -

Uncharted 2 or Heavy Rain. Hard to decide which one.

#75 Posted by Berserker976 (385 posts) -

Valkyria Chronicles.

Very tough choice though, pretty much every suggestion I've seen I could agree with.

#76 Posted by Bane122 (808 posts) -

MGS4 for me. Heavy Rain isn't far behind and I think Last of Us might be a good contender.

#77 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4897 posts) -

MGS4 and Uncharted 2, in that order.

#78 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

It has to be between Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2, both were stellar games for different reasons.

#79 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -

demon's souls

got the ps3 for it

#80 Posted by Redbullet685 (6068 posts) -

Uncharted 2 by far. It's one of my all-time favorite games as well.

#81 Posted by AjayRaz (12465 posts) -

i loved Uncharted 2, MGS4 and Yakuza 4

#82 Posted by TechnoSyndrome (951 posts) -

Noby Noby Boy. Yakuza 4 comes in a close second. Those are the only two PS3 exclusives I've liked.

#83 Posted by Quarters (1816 posts) -

Top 3 would have to be MGS4, Heavy Rain, and inFamous 2.

#84 Posted by DarthOrange (3878 posts) -

inFamous 2 is by far my favorite. Uncharted 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, MAG and Heavy Rain have also been high points.

#85 Posted by natedawg_kz (235 posts) -

Killzone 2 for me personally

#86 Posted by captain_clayman (3326 posts) -

I'd say uncharted 2 but i haven't played heavy rain or journey...but i think the last of us might take it's place.

#87 Posted by jimmyfenix (3859 posts) -

uncharted 2 and mgs 4

#88 Posted by mrfluke (5317 posts) -

Uncharted 2,

Journey

Dyad

Yakuza 3, and Yakuza 4

Mgs 4

and im going to prematurely add The Last Of Us to this list.

#89 Edited by Castiel (2705 posts) -

Uncharted 2, of course ND is gonna top themselves with TLOU and create a even better game than U2, but for now it still holds the crown.

#90 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3216 posts) -

MGS4 or Demon's Souls.

#91 Edited by Lava (672 posts) -
#92 Edited by Stimpack (911 posts) -

Demon's Souls, hands down. I think Heavy Rain was pretty decent, too. Ah, I'm sorry MGS4 was also a big winner.

#93 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

Journey, Demon's Souls, or, dare I say, Heavy Rain. There are a lot of them, suffice it to say.

Anybody want to send me a copy of Uncharted?

EDIT: God of War III, anybody?

Hey, i said God Of War III! And i think another duder said it too!

#94 Posted by me3639 (1837 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

I'll say personally, Uncharted. For everyone in general, Uncharted 2. Which is to say, I admit 2 is a better game, but I like 1 more.

I thought i was the only one. Both are equally great and its are hard to choose, but for some reason i like the first one more.

#95 Posted by me3639 (1837 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

It's hard to pick, I love all the exclusives that I played.

Probably the best answer.

#96 Edited by Aegon (5769 posts) -

Uncharted 2, MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles, inFamous, and R&C aCiT

#97 Posted by Drebin_893 (2926 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 4

#98 Posted by Tackchevy (266 posts) -

No love here for Folklore, eh?

#99 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

My favorites are Uncharted 2, inFamous, LittleBigPlanet, and Journey. But there have been tons of fantastic exclusives through its life.

#100 Posted by face15 (1305 posts) -

There's a lot of Heavy Rain love in this thread. I don't get it. It was okay I guess.

Personally, the best three experiences I've had on my PS3 are;

1. Uncharted 2
  2. Red Dead Redemption
  3. Journey

For exclusives only, Killzone 2 would probably replace Red Dead on that list.

I've moved almost entirely to PC over the last year or so but I'll be dusting of the PS3 for Beyond: Two Souls and The Last of Us later this year. I have high hopes for both of them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.