The best PS3 game of its life ....so far!

• 137 results
#101 Posted by Hunter5024 (5168 posts) -

@Tackchevy said:

No love here for Folklore, eh?

I think Folklore is totally awesome, but compared to other games later in the generation it kind of falls short.

#102 Edited by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

Probably Uncharted 2. Infamous, Journey, and Demon's Souls are worth mentioning as well though.

#103 Posted by bushpusherr (714 posts) -

Demon's Souls, followed by MGS4

#104 Posted by awesomeusername (4056 posts) -

For me, these would have to duke it out:

• Uncharted 2
  • inFAMOUS
  • Heavy Rain
  • LittleBigPlanet

But I can't even choose any of those until I play Sly 4, The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, The Last Guardian(LOL), and Puppeteer.

#105 Posted by Venatio (4485 posts) -

Easy choice, it's Uncharted 2

#106 Posted by Miketakon (512 posts) -

Uncharted 2 and Folklore

#107 Posted by HerbieBug (3840 posts) -

Demon's Souls for me. I don't think i'll ever get around to beating it unless I break a limb or something and have a couple solid weeks of mandatory couch sitting to do. Even so, it is by far the most memorable experience I have had with a PS3 exclusive.

#108 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

Uncharted 2 is pretty amazing

#109 Posted by Andorski (5107 posts) -

Uncharted 2 for me. Single player is one of the tightest, well crafted experience to this day. Multiplayer wasn't too shabby either.

#110 Posted by EVO (3780 posts) -
@msavo said:
Heavy Rain. Jeff likes to say Mass Effect 2 is an important game we'll look at years down the line and I feel the same about Heavy Rain. I commend Sony for getting behind Quantic Dream in such a big way.
It's already paved the way for The Walking Dead, and I suspect many more games in the near future. 
#111 Posted by Jeust (10334 posts) -

My favourite is Uncharted 1. I thought the plot is better in this one, while the gameplay is essentially the same throughout the series. Infamous 2 is close second. 

#112 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

@Berserker976 said:

Valkyria Chronicles.

Very tough choice though, pretty much every suggestion I've seen I could agree with.

This.

#113 Posted by Law313 (110 posts) -

I would have to say either Heavy Rain (which I adore) or MGS4(which was a masterpiece). There are games coming out now that don't look as good as MGS4...

#114 Posted by project343 (2807 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads said:

A lot of people saying Heavy Rain huh? Ugh.

Heavy Rain is a crazy interesting game, regardless of the fact that it misses more frequently than it hits.

#115 Posted by D0tti (786 posts) -

1. Uncharted 2  
2. MGS 4 
3. InFamous 
4. Yakuza 3 & 4

#116 Posted by RecSpec (3678 posts) -

Favorite would be Heavy Rain hands down but there's a lot wrong with it, a LOT, so I can't say it's the best PS3 game. 

I'd have to say Uncharted 2.

#117 Posted by Fearbeard (801 posts) -

My personal favorite is Heavy Rain.

The games branching storyline where player death will change the outcome of the story was kind of magical and brought a tension that I rarely feel in games (particularly QTE heavy games where you normally just pop back at the last checkpoint.) However the accents in the game can be pretty annoying and is definitely something you need to look past, and there is one glaring plot point that is not addressed at all in the game when it really needs to be.

Objectively the best is probably Uncharted 2 which is just a fantastic game all around.

#118 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3595 posts) -

@project343 said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

A lot of people saying Heavy Rain huh? Ugh.

Heavy Rain is a crazy interesting game, regardless of the fact that it misses more frequently than it hits.

The story, dialogue, and voice acting was too poor for me to give a shit. I see how the story progresses being interesting but I couldn't care less if all that was that bad.

#119 Posted by Nightriff (4338 posts) -

MGS4 or Journey

#120 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

Has to be Uncharted 2 for me. Heavy Rain and Infamous were pretty amazing too.

#121 Posted by Mushir (2388 posts) -

After 20 years, when I'll think back on the PS3, I'll think of Uncharted 2. That game blew me away.

#122 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 4, for me by far the best the console has to offer.

#123 Edited by Camoufrage (84 posts) -

Uncharted 2 or Journey. MGS4 is great and all but I can't stand what it did to the Metal Gear story in general.

#124 Posted by loki_16 (10 posts) -
#125 Posted by Ramone (2931 posts) -

MGS4.

#126 Posted by gunninkr (131 posts) -

Valkyria Chronicles

#127 Posted by algertman (852 posts) -

Uncharted 2.

#128 Posted by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -

In 1000 years, when I think back on the PS3, from my Microsoft branded robotic suit. I will always think of Tokyo Jungle.

#129 Posted by Marcsman (2873 posts) -

Ni no Kuni

#130 Posted by VanderSEXXX (552 posts) -

@TheHT said:

Demon's Souls

This!! but I guess since Dark Souls is no longer exclusive, I guess I'll now wait and see if Last of Us will become the real reason I bought my PS3.

#131 Edited by xyzygy (9617 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads: I'm with you, I actually don't understand how so many people love Heavy Rain that much. It was a straight up boring, predictable, shallow and anti-climactic game for me.

@Dixego said:

Demon's souls forever.

This. I love Demon's Souls so much...

However, Tales of Xilia is coming out soon. GET READY.

Edit: What am I thinking. Of course Xilia won't be better than Demon's Souls.

#132 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Yakuza 3.

I'll never forget MGS4...for making me dislike MGS. That game could have been so much more, they just had to stick to that stupid camo system.

#133 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (190 posts) -

The Uncharted series easily.

I would also say MGS4 and Little Big Planet as worthy alternatives.

#134 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

Killzone 2 for fuck sake.

#135 Posted by Lava (626 posts) -

Uncharted 2 I think is the game that blew me away the most. That or Journey.

#136 Posted by Jay_Ray (1006 posts) -

There are a lot of great games that I simply can't choose between, whether for nostalgia purposes (MGS4), near perfect execution of design (Journey), or shear enjoyment (Uncharted 2).

#137 Posted by 49th (2542 posts) -

Uncharted 2, that game is so good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.