Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

The Playstation 3 Controller and You

• 61 results
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By captain_clayman

my only complaint is that the sticks are convex instead of concave.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By M_Shini

I used to get cramping when i first got a ps3 after not playing on a ps2 for awhile although thta wetn away soon enough, that R2 and L2 button is pretty horrible though.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Sooty

Whoever came up with the idea of those L2/R2 buttons deserves to be fired. Having to hit them rapidly on Yakuza 3 was horrible. I'm so glad they changed it for 4.

stroker446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By stroker446

Yeah, i have to agree on controller being too small and the L2/R2 triggers just suck! My hands cramp after a few hours on the PS3 controller. I have tried a few aftermarket controllers with varying success but the quality was never there. The Xbox controller is more comfortable but not perfect. I purchased some slide on grips online and the controller is now much easier to hold. They were called play makers i believe

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By jayjonesjunior

i have small baby hands.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By Lava

I love the PS3 controller, never had a problem, guess it's just a preference thing.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By donkeycow

It's a fine controller but not nearly as comfortable as the 360 controller imo.

Moaz13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By Moaz13

My hands get cramped up too when I use controllers, and I aim like a drunk man. Keyboard and Mouse FTW

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By uniform

Transition from NES to SNES, PSX to PS3 was easy for me. After all these years, I still cannot comfortably use the 360 controller. Sure, I love the 360 bumper and triggers, but the controller itself feels too large, and I imagine my smaller hands are to blame. The worst thing about it is the d-pad. To play fighters like Street Fighter I need to play it with a d-pad, as I've played it that way going back to II on the SNES. I've tried to learn using the thumb sticks, but it just ain't happening. I can't execute moves, similar to not being able to pick up the ability in the Arcades. 360 controller is definitely a higher quality controller that just doesn't work for me. PS3 is familiar, and it fits my hands perfectly. If only it wasn't so flimsy and had better bumpers and triggers.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Dallas_Raines

This is the main reason why I only play third party games on the 360, the dual shock is just uncomfortable to use during an extended play session.(also, the triggers suck ass)

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Teoball

I sometimes get cramps when I use the 360 controller for several hours at a time.

It has never happened with the PS3 controller though,

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.