Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

The Playstation Zeitgeist Episode 9: PS3 IS HERE!

NovidAnon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By NovidAnon

Oh I am so happy. Thanks to Best Buy (Your 60 bucks insurance check is in the mail) i got the PS3, with arguably the two best games in the system - MGS4 and Killzone2. 

Its... beautiful Big, but Beautiful.  (actually the size is about one 1/3 bigger than the Ps2 mainline and not the slim) - i keep hearing about a PS3 slim - its almost obvious at this point but I still made the push to get it.

This is a underrated machine. Can you imagine if they put google chrome (they can - via updates) on it? ooo lord. But Linux isn't bad. Those that have PS2 support (we will all soon have it if the Patents are accepted) are really lucky. The PS1's show there age - but they dont look too bad. Ill try Xenogears and Chrono Cross later in the week, i have not played these games in a LONG TIME. (I dont have to transfer the PS1 save data since I lost the Memory Card - but once the BC comes back, there is a LOT of PS2 data (that and the hard drive) i transfer to the PS3) 

The Remote Play thing is so boss. It can do so much - when i get those Puroresu matches on the Laptop its going to be amazing. The fact you can play the PS1 games as well too also helps. Not sure about the movies though - 

Speaking of which - I feel I can love movies again. I didn't hate DVD - and it did make a jump - but its a product of its age - Blu-Ray does things that i want - and its one of the best disc based formats since Laserdisc - and the only thing close to it. (there that brightness issue in Akira but thats water under in the bridge)

The PS3 is so awesome and im taking even extra measures to keep it clean, keep the disk feeder clean, the discs spotless - the area around the PS3 spotless even the USB ports (using a dry q tip) spotless.

I will do a review of the Killzone 2 and MGS4 later - but much needs to be said about both games. 

The games that I will get later:

UFC (I know it looks better on X-Box 360 that i will concede that but don't knock on the PS3 version)
    Street Fighter 4
    Hot Shots Golf 5 (Allot of content was locked on the disc)
    Vakrica Chronicles (the Best RPG in the system so far)
    Midnight Club "The Return" to LA
    Ratchet Series 
    Uncharted Series
    Folklore (its cheap)
    Heavenly Sword... and more

This doesn't it mean its over for the PSP, far from it. 

It doesn't even mean its over for the PS2 (Games) too. 

The future looks bright. Nuff said.
    NovidAnon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By NovidAnon

Oh I am so happy. Thanks to Best Buy (Your 60 bucks insurance check is in the mail) i got the PS3, with arguably the two best games in the system - MGS4 and Killzone2. 

Its... beautiful Big, but Beautiful.  (actually the size is about one 1/3 bigger than the Ps2 mainline and not the slim) - i keep hearing about a PS3 slim - its almost obvious at this point but I still made the push to get it.

This is a underrated machine. Can you imagine if they put google chrome (they can - via updates) on it? ooo lord. But Linux isn't bad. Those that have PS2 support (we will all soon have it if the Patents are accepted) are really lucky. The PS1's show there age - but they dont look too bad. Ill try Xenogears and Chrono Cross later in the week, i have not played these games in a LONG TIME. (I dont have to transfer the PS1 save data since I lost the Memory Card - but once the BC comes back, there is a LOT of PS2 data (that and the hard drive) i transfer to the PS3) 

The Remote Play thing is so boss. It can do so much - when i get those Puroresu matches on the Laptop its going to be amazing. The fact you can play the PS1 games as well too also helps. Not sure about the movies though - 

Speaking of which - I feel I can love movies again. I didn't hate DVD - and it did make a jump - but its a product of its age - Blu-Ray does things that i want - and its one of the best disc based formats since Laserdisc - and the only thing close to it. (there that brightness issue in Akira but thats water under in the bridge)

The PS3 is so awesome and im taking even extra measures to keep it clean, keep the disk feeder clean, the discs spotless - the area around the PS3 spotless even the USB ports (using a dry q tip) spotless.

I will do a review of the Killzone 2 and MGS4 later - but much needs to be said about both games. 

The games that I will get later:

UFC (I know it looks better on X-Box 360 that i will concede that but don't knock on the PS3 version)
    Street Fighter 4
    Hot Shots Golf 5 (Allot of content was locked on the disc)
    Vakrica Chronicles (the Best RPG in the system so far)
    Midnight Club "The Return" to LA
    Ratchet Series 
    Uncharted Series
    Folklore (its cheap)
    Heavenly Sword... and more

This doesn't it mean its over for the PSP, far from it. 

It doesn't even mean its over for the PS2 (Games) too. 

The future looks bright. Nuff said.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TwoOneFive

demolay88 

hit me up homes
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Akeldama

DECA555

NovidAnon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NovidAnon

I got you guys sorry for the delay 

copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By copycatzen

add me dude : Copycatzen
    see you in SFIV!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.